Move to Berlin - Berlin Kickstarter
Nomaden Berlin Header Image Nomaden Berlin Header Image

Move to Berlin - Berlin Kickstarter

Highly recommend

Nomaden Berlin takes the stress out of relocating to Germany. Before I booked this program I tried researching everything myself in regards to moving over here, but became quite confused with all the different aspects. Lana is super helpful and made relocating easy and Nomaden was also a good way to meet new friends with both past and present members.

A Fantastic Experience I'll Never Forget

I moved from Toronto to Berlin and thanks to Lana and Nomaden, I couldn't be happier with my decision. Although it took me a long time to find a job (due to my past work history and an autoimmune disorder) and even though I had to return home eventually, I still wouldn't have changed my experience for anything. I worked part time in a field I love, I met people who I can safely say will be friends for a lifetime, learned a new language (aber mein Deutsch ist sehr einfach!), travelled a little, and grew as a person. I'd definitely recommend this program to people who are looking for a change in scenery or want to experience one of the best cities in the world (aside from the couple of hurdles you may experience in Berlin/Germany)!

A dream come true!

At 35 years of age I thought ‘I’m too old to move to Berlin’. I wanted to move to Germany, learn a new language and leave my career behind and do something new.. I thought it was impossible! Coming from the UK, I didn’t need a visa but was worried about my job prospects. Here I am 4 weeks later with a job offer from an English speaking employer, tax number, health insurance.. all set up for my new life in Berlin! Lana is the kindest and most helpful person you will ever meet and is hugely supportive. I just couldn’t have achieved all this on my own and I’m so glad I discovered Nomaden Berlin. Now you have too.. what’s stopping you?

You won’t regret this...

This program has been a remarkable experience. To anyone who’s ever considered a move abroad to anywhere, give Lana a call and make the leap to Berlin. You’ll get a new life and new experiences in this amazing city, which are priceless in the end.

You won't regret this

Money well spent. Made great friends and have had an amazing experience. This program really gets you on the right track in your journey to live abroad in Berlin! Lana continues to go out of her way to help you with anything and everything you need.

Best decision of my life

When I first found this program, I thought it was too good to be true and almost didn’t apply, but I am so happy I decided to do Nomaden Berlin. There is no other program quite like this one. Some programs may let you work and visit a new country for a few months, but Lana helps you set up a new life in Berlin. Lana will walk you through everything step by step to you get set up in Berlin. It's honestly amazing how much she knows and after talking to her for five minutes it’s obvious how much she cares about each and every person who does this program. By doing Nomaden Berlin you’ll not only become a Berliner you’ll also be part of an expat community full of other amazing people who have done the program. Nomaden Berlin may sound too good to be true, but in reality, it’s the best decision I’ve ever made.

• Professional Development

Found a job and apartment in 1 month!

If you've ever thought of packing up everything and moving to Berlin this is the perfect program.
In the space of a month I found a job in a field I love, a great apartment and made lasting friendships. Lana is an amazing person and knows Berlin better than anyone, she caters job searching material to each persons individual goals and takes care of all the dreaded German bureaucracy involved in moving here. But above all else she's created a real community here. When you join Nomaden you don't just meet the handful of people who are in your months group, you also join a family of expats from past groups so the program never really feels like its over.
All I can say is just do it, you won't regret it.

• Professional Development

I wish I could give a higher rating than 10/10!!

Lana and Nomaden Berlin made everything about moving to a new country so simple and effortless it is hard to believe the program has only been up and running for a couple of years. As soon as I arrived in Berlin and met Lana I knew I had made the right choice by signing up. She knows everything about getting around the German Bureaucracy that makes it hard for a lot of people to get on the right foot and you can rely on her to do whatever it takes to get you what you need. Besides that, one of the best things is meeting the other amazing people who have either just started or have already finished the program. There is a big group of "Nomaden Berliners" now and we all can't wait for it to grow again in 2018!

Cannot recommend more!

I can't recommend this programme enough! I was lucky enough to get a last-minute spot on the programme after my 2 year visa in the UK was coming to an end. Even though I had gone through the initial set-up experience in the London, I was nervous about tackling Berlin on my own. Lana is always on hand to answer any and all questions, and without her guidance it would've made the process 10 times more stressful - Germans love bureaucracy. With her help, I was lucky enough to land a job and secure a place within two and a half weeks!
It is an experience you won't regret - I've met some amazing people, and Berlin is hands-down the place to be.
Thanks Lana!

Highly recommend!

I don't know what I would have done without Lana. She has an answer for every question you can come up with and makes the whole (very daunting) process seem manageable. The housing is in a great, central location and the language school is the best in the city. German bureaucracy is no joke and when I tried to research things myself I usually ended up more confused and stressed out than before. Having Lana walk me through everything step by step was invaluable. She is always available and super organized with all the arrangements. She has great recommendations no matter what you're into and is super personable. I can't even imagine having figured all this out by myself. I remember reading these reviews before I decided to sign up--trust me, it really is this good. :)

• Professional Development

Don't move to Berlin without Nomaden!

I first connected with Lana from Nomaden Berlin via a Facebook group. I had been researching ways to live/work abroad and discovering Nomaden Berlin was truly a godsend. Lana goes above and beyond to make sure that your first month in Berlin is a memorable one, with activities including a tour of the Reichstag, a visit to an Underground Bunker from WWII and visits to hidden gems that only locals know about. In addition to great social programming, Lana is also extremely knowledgeable about the visa application process and ensures that everyone goes through the proper steps so that things are submitted properly. I was actually able to secure employment with a startup about a week before arriving in Berlin and Lana was able to walk me through all of the paperwork I needed to submit for my visa application. Once everything was submitted, it only took about a week and a half for everything to be reviewed and approved. Lana truly goes above and beyond to help everyone and tailor their Nomaden Berlin experience to their individual needs and goals. I cannot thank her enough for everything that she's done. If you are considering a move to Berlin (or Germany in general), do yourself a favor and contact Lana. You'll thank me later!

Best decision of my life

Couldn't be happier with my experience with Nomaden. The program is so complete and covers all the bases from housing, jobs, visas, and all the legal stuff that I'd have been completely lost trying to figure out on my own. And aside from all of that, Lana does a great job making everyone feel welcome and shows you the best parts or Berlin through events and tours. She's super personable and knows her stuff through and through. Through the program I've met people and made friends from around the world. I felt I was in good hands from the start and I can say for certain this has been the best month of my life!!

• Professional Development

Becoming a Berliner is easy with Nomaden!

If you're thinking about moving to Berlin you should 100% do it! And if you want to move hassle free with the friendly help of an expert, then you should absolutely enroll for the Berliner Kickstarter with Lana at Nomaden Berlin.
Living abroad is a big step for anyone, and although I'd already been living overseas for 2 years, the idea of moving to a completely foreign country was very daunting. I don't know the language, I don't have any friends, how do I find a job and a place to live - so many questions! Lana's program answers all of these and puts your worries at ease. She takes the stress out of visa applications, you make friends with people on the program and the expat network she's created, guidance for job and house hunting is a breeze, all whilst enjoying the events and tours she organises to introduce you to the amazing city that is Berlin!
You can't put a price on peace of mind, that's why I highly recommend Nomaden Berlin as your go-to for becoming a Berliner! Thank you Lana for all your amazing help!

• Professional Development

The only way to move to Berlin

I am so glad to have found Nomaden Berlin. Lana is so knowledgable and friendly, making the process of getting a job, flat, insurance, bank accounts, language school etc possible. I definitely would have taken much longer and been stressed doing everything alone, so not only was Lana of huge value, but also having a whole group to go through it with was awesome. I would highly recommend moving to Berlin and getting in touch with Lana, it was the best decision I've made!

• Host Company

Settled in Berlin for three weeks

I had a really good experience and amazing time with Nomaden Berlin.

The welcoming is warm, everything is explained clearly and you sure have no time wondering what you will do today because of all the activities planned and suggested.

In my case, with the help of Nomaden Berlin, it took me three weeks to find a decent job and a room in Schöneberg. For arriving without any plan in mind, I am deeply thankful for making a dream come true.

I also need to say that the people with who I lived were really nice and interesting, all coming from different countries and background.

I would definitely recommend Nomaden Berlin to anyone who wants to move to Berlin and is in need of help. If you are looking for a friendly and up to date company that can grant you the chance of moving to Berlin in peace of mind, Lana's one might just be what you are looking for!!

Best move, no regrets

If you would like to move to Berlin and really relax and take in the lifestyle of a Berliner, Nomaden Berlin is by far the best option. Lana does such a great job of taking care of all the huge administration work that takes people months to do by themselves. Within our first 2 weeks we had all of our documents out of the way except for our visas- (Still waiting on employment, 3 months with US passport, 2 more to go). She even helps with jobs, giving you suggestions and advice. This program is seriously a no brainer and I am so thankful that I not only participated in such a great program but that I was also able to meet such a genuine person, who really just wants to help people. Plus you meet people within the program which is a great way to kick start your social life in Berlin.

• Professional Development

A must for any future Berliner

I cannot recommend the services of Lana (Nomaden) enough. At first, the thought of relocating to a different country seemed daunting but the support and services Nomaden offered made the transition seamless and stress free as possible. The insight of Lana in relation to finding work and accommodation was amazing which ensured I was ready to hit the ground running with my life in Berlin after the one month program. There is also a huge social aspect of the program which was a great way to see the proper Berlin and meet fabulous people who recently made the move to Berlin like myself. In my opinion if anyone is looking to make the move to Berlin, Nomaden is a no brainer!

Thanks so much!!

Sam – Australia

Best kickstarter experience

The program was extremely helpful. Lana has everything figured out and she took a lot of weight of our shoulders. All of our administrative appointments were booked by Lana before we had arrived here. The accommodation was really nice and all the events and activities we did were very fun. Lana is wonderful, she creates a very nice environment for everyone on the program and she is a person you can really count on. Would totally recommend for anyone moving to Berlin, this program is really worth it!

• Professional Development

Moving to Berlin was a breeze...

I decided to move to Berlin 3.5 weeks before I departed. This was very nerve-racking and daunting even though I had moved internationally before... I spoke to Lana and she assured me it could be done and encouraged me to take the leap!

Nomaden Berlin is the perfect way to relocate. Lana has so much knowledge of the ever changing visa rules and can navigate German bureaucracy like a boss. The language school she has partnered with is great in getting you set with basic language skills and the staff there are lovely. Accommodation for the month was great! So centrally located & safe - it was the perfect place to settle while trying to figure out life in a new city.

Moving alone? No problem! Since there are others on the program with you and Lana organizes social events/excursions for both incoming and past Nomaden participants you'll be able to make a new bestie or travel buddies with ease.

Overall I really enjoyed this program. Lana is incredibly helpful before, during and after the program. Would recommend using Nomaden Berlin to everyone.

• Professional Development

Settling in Berlin made that much easier & fun!

Really great programme for anyone looking to move and settle in to Berlin. The month was full of awesome activities and an insight into what Berlin really has to offer. Lana is a super friendly, funny and helpful person who is always there to give you advice and help when you need it. Moving and getting set up in a different country can always be a bit overwhelming especially if not from the EU but Lana knows a lot and has loads of advice.
Would recommend to anyone looking to move to Berlin to work and experience life in a different country. The accommodation was also excellent - cleaner, convenient location and plenty of space and room for everyone staying there.

Incredibly helpful programme

German bureaucracy is not designed to make the task of moving here easy, and that's where Nomaden comes in. Lana has all the knowledge and experience required to make the relocation simple and that's exactly what she does.
The apartment provided for the programme duration is fantastic (location/furnishings/everything else). All the various appointments required for anmeldung and visas are taken care of and the application/documentation provided.
It was great to be able to meet other people in the same boat as myself with the social events and actually enjoy it rather than being stressed about getting set up.
Thanks Lana, love your work! :D

• Facilities

Great experience!!!

Moving to Berlin with Nomaden is SO easy! JUST DO IT! Lana helps you with all the papers you need to become a Berliner and make sure you have a great month here, showing you some spots of the city and giving a lot of information regarding jobs, how to find long term accommodation, etc.Everything was just amazing!
The apartment is as shown in the pictures, great located, a lot of light and really comfortable, only two stops from school.
I would highly recommend moving to Berlin with Nomaden! Lana you are a genius! Thankssss for this beautiful welcome.

Definitely worth it

Berlin is my first move abroad, and I'm really glad I used Nomaden to help me with the transition.

I'm so amazed by Lana and the work she does. Right from the beginning (a few months before my move), when I sent her a dozen emails with all these questions, to the very last day of the program (even beyond that), she's been nothing but warm, helpful, and communicative. She's taken so much of the stress and hassle, that comes with moving to a new place, off of my shoulders.

Using Lana's services has been such an invaluable experience and worth every penny. It's given me the opportunity to meet other people on the same boat, and discover places in the city, that I probably wouldn't have otherwise. For any youngsters making the move to Berlin, I highly recommend Nomaden to hit the ground running. Thank you Lana!

What A great experience

I moved to Berlin through Nomaden and it was a great experience. Lana does a lot to help you get settled in and immersed in the Berlin culture. If you want to move for a period of time or permanent, Lana can set you up either way. Now I get to travel all around Europe. (It is so cheap to travel here)

Also the price is very reasonable. For the accommodations and the activities you do it is great. Plus having someone here that knows everything about how to get registered, get your Visa and all of the things you wouldn't have known existed is priceless. No way I could have done it on my own.

• Facilities

One stop shop to move to Berlin

Lana and Nomaden Berlin, thank you so much for doing everything you have done for me before and after moving to Berlin. You made sure I was comfortable and gave me all the information I required before I made the move to Berlin. This included how the visa process would work since I was applying for the Free Lance Visa and all the documents I needed for my visa appointment.

The apartment that we stayed at was in the heart of Berlin surrounded by beautiful places to eat and explore. Nomaden Berlin also packed our days with activities to uncover different neighbourhoods and hidden gems of Berlin.

Lana is constantly looking out for everyone in the job front (where to look), looking for accommodation (areas to stay and the websites to use) and making sure everyone is settling in well and enjoying Berlin, and always going above and beyond of what is expected from Nomaden Berlin Program. More than anything, thank you for being a friend to me in this new city and making me fall in love with Berlin.