Move to Berlin - Berliner Kickstarter
Nomaden Berlin Header Image Nomaden Berlin Header Image

Move to Berlin - Berliner Kickstarter

What A Great Experience

I moved to Berlin through Nomaden and it was a great experience. Lana does a lot to help you get settled in and immersed in the Berlin culture. If you want to move for a period of time or permanent, Lana can set you up either way. Now I get to travel all around Europe. (It is so cheap to travel here)

Also the price is very reasonable. For the accommodations and the activities you do it is great. Plus having someone here that knows everything about how to get registered, get your Visa and all of the things you wouldn't have known existed is priceless. No way I could have done it on my own.

• Facilities

One stop shop to move to Berlin

Lana and Nomaden Berlin, thank you so much for doing everything you have done for me before and after moving to Berlin. You made sure I was comfortable and gave me all the information I required before I made the move to Berlin. This included how the visa process would work since I was applying for the Free Lance Visa and all the documents I needed for my visa appointment.

The apartment that we stayed at was in the heart of Berlin surrounded by beautiful places to eat and explore. Nomaden Berlin also packed our days with activities to uncover different neighbourhoods and hidden gems of Berlin.

Lana is constantly looking out for everyone in the job front (where to look), looking for accommodation (areas to stay and the websites to use) and making sure everyone is settling in well and enjoying Berlin, and always going above and beyond of what is expected from Nomaden Berlin Program. More than anything, thank you for being a friend to me in this new city and making me fall in love with Berlin.

• Professional Development

10/10 would recommend to anyone thinking about moving to Berlin!

My whole experience with Nomaden Berlin has been incredible. Moving country can be very stressful and Lana managed to make the experience so enjoyable and take all the worries out of it all. I was even picked up from the airport by Lana's colleague so I was looked after from the very beginning.

I stayed in a beautiful apartment for the first 2 weeks and made some great friends there, it is so good to be in the same boat as other people when making such a big change. With Lana's guidance I found a flat and a job in 2 weeks! I never would have known or been able to organise so quickly all the necessary administration and tasks that need to be done to move to Berlin. Lana also completely tailored the experience to each individual and went over and above to provide personal help to each of us getting set up.

We also went on several adventures round Berlin as a team, seeing the abandoned spy tower and a bike tour round the whole city. Without this course, I never could have set up in Berlin so efficiently, whilst making friends at the same time and having fun. Lana was always there to answer any question I needed and it was so good to have someone based in Berlin who knows so much about it all there to help. 10/10 would recommend to anyone thinking about moving to Berlin!

• Professional Development

Best bet to move to Germany

If you are serious about moving to Germany, Nomaden Berlin is the company to go through. I tried doing it on my own four years ago and failed miserably and had no idea what I was doing. This time through Nomaden Berlin, I was able to find a job, apartment, meet new friends, and get a residence permit which allowed my dream to move to Germany to become a reality. I ended up moving to Stuttgart instead of Berlin, but even then Lana never stopped helping me and answered every single question I had. Lana is incredibly helpful and bent over backwards dozens of times to help me. The apartment is really nice and in an awesome place in Berlin. Would highly recommend to anyone wishing to move to Germany.

Moving to Berlin?

If you are thinking of moving to Berlin and worried about occurring visa issues or simply don’t know where to start then I would recommend this program. Lana was very helpful and assisted me with all my questions before I had arrived and when I arrived in berlin I had an amazing penthouse in the best part town close to central waiting for me. Lana’s day trips were very thought out and interesting from berlin’s street art tour to the nice bike ride tour around the city they really gave me a taste of the berlin spirit. She also assisted me with lodging my visa and registration of address this is a very important step that most people fail to get. Nomaden Berlin was a great experience and Lana was a top-notch host! I rate the berlin kick starter program 5/5.

• Facilities

Nomaden Berlin's relocation service is 10/10!!

I chose to move to Berlin this summer to pursue work in PR. Having previously lived in Sweden and France, I was fairly comfortable with moving countries. However, having spoken to friends in Berlin and read the forums I could see that Berlin was a different beast. I looked around short-term accommodation offers and was pretty disappointed with what I could find. This was until I came across Nomaden Berlin! I was able to stay in a BEAUTIFUL penthouse apartment in Prenzlauer Berg for the same price as a hostel in a much lesser area. Added to this, I was able to register (anmeldung) at the apartment in the first week of arriving in Germany. This is a crucial administrative prerequisite if you want to live and work in Germany as you need to register to get a tax number. Nomaden booked my registration appointment and helped me with all the paperwork!!

After a lovely welcome evening I started on my 2-week intensive language course. This was in a great language school close to the apartment. I had some basic knowledge of German but the course really got me going with the language – I am hoping to carry on with the school after new year. Learning some basic German has made living here much easier and it has been really enjoyable doing this alongside fellow people relocating with Nomaden.

Throughout my first month in Berlin, Lana organised some really cool social events including BBQ’s, open-air cinema trips, market trips, bar crawls etc. which were great for getting to know the city and meeting people. However, as a history graduate, it was some of the organised tours that Nomaden offered that I found most fascinating. From trips to the Berlin wall and underground bunkers to tours of the Reichstag and Soviet memorials, the package Nomaden has put together gives you a great taste of the city’s history.

All in all, Nomaden made my move to Berlin very enjoyable. From the accommodation and language school to the events and tours, Nomaden offered a 10/10 relocation package!

• Professional Development

Easiest way to move to Europe!

So I moved from New Zealand to Berlin last year. A friend had told me about Nomaden Berlin, and how it made everything about the moving process so easy. I was a bit nervous about finding a job as I don't speak German, so I contacted Lana and she told me about what the Nomaden program offers. And I'm glad I did because everything worked out so smoothly! To begin with, I had a lot of help with the visa process (a lot of it's in German and quite complicated). The accommodation was awesome - an apartment right in the city, super close to the language school - such a convenient location for the first month, as it really gave me a chance to figure out the city without the stress of flat hunting (now I have a house-share with friends I made in the first week). I managed to get a job within 3 weeks!! (largely thanks to all of Lana's help - she's literally a CV/job finding guru). Best of all, I met an amazing bunch of friends through Lana and the rest of the group. I felt so welcome the day I arrived. My first two weeks of Berlin were just the best, and really kick-started my life here. I really cannot thank you enough Lana & Nomaden Berlin!!

I'd recommend this program to anyone thinking about doing the working holiday visa in Berlin and wants to make the process as smooth & easy as possible. It's actually really good value when you consider the cost of a Contiki or Topdeck tour, & this actually helps set your life up in a new city. I chose the package with accommodation, a language course, visa support, job placement help, 2 weeks of events and transport. That meant I literally had no stress, and setting up was super easy, but there are other packages as well to suit different needs.100% worth it imo!!

• Professional Development

Take the stress out of moving to Berlin

The Berliner Kickstarter program is perfect for anyone looking to relocate to Berlin. The whole process was made easier with appointments booked in for address registration and visa before I even arrived in addition to accommodation for the duration of the program. Lana was extremely helpful with addressing any concerns I had about making the move and if she didn't have an answer immediately to a query she would find it. If you're an Australian looking to move to Berlin on a working holiday visa this is a really simple way to do it.