Move to Berlin - Berliner Kickstarter
Nomaden Berlin Header Image Nomaden Berlin Header Image

Move to Berlin - Berliner Kickstarter

Cannot recommend more!

I can't recommend this programme enough! I was lucky enough to get a last-minute spot on the programme after my 2 year visa in the UK was coming to an end. Even though I had gone through the initial set-up experience in the London, I was nervous about tackling Berlin on my own. Lana is always on hand to answer any and all questions, and without her guidance it would've made the process 10 times more stressful - Germans love bureaucracy. With her help, I was lucky enough to land a job and secure a place within two and a half weeks!
It is an experience you won't regret - I've met some amazing people, and Berlin is hands-down the place to be.
Thanks Lana!

Highly recommend!

I don't know what I would have done without Lana. She has an answer for every question you can come up with and makes the whole (very daunting) process seem manageable. The housing is in a great, central location and the language school is the best in the city. German bureaucracy is no joke and when I tried to research things myself I usually ended up more confused and stressed out than before. Having Lana walk me through everything step by step was invaluable. She is always available and super organized with all the arrangements. She has great recommendations no matter what you're into and is super personable. I can't even imagine having figured all this out by myself. I remember reading these reviews before I decided to sign up--trust me, it really is this good. :)

• Professional Development

Don't move to Berlin without Nomaden!

I first connected with Lana from Nomaden Berlin via a Facebook group. I had been researching ways to live/work abroad and discovering Nomaden Berlin was truly a godsend. Lana goes above and beyond to make sure that your first month in Berlin is a memorable one, with activities including a tour of the Reichstag, a visit to an Underground Bunker from WWII and visits to hidden gems that only locals know about. In addition to great social programming, Lana is also extremely knowledgeable about the visa application process and ensures that everyone goes through the proper steps so that things are submitted properly. I was actually able to secure employment with a startup about a week before arriving in Berlin and Lana was able to walk me through all of the paperwork I needed to submit for my visa application. Once everything was submitted, it only took about a week and a half for everything to be reviewed and approved. Lana truly goes above and beyond to help everyone and tailor their Nomaden Berlin experience to their individual needs and goals. I cannot thank her enough for everything that she's done. If you are considering a move to Berlin (or Germany in general), do yourself a favor and contact Lana. You'll thank me later!

• Professional Development

Best decision of my life

Couldn't be happier with my experience with Nomaden. The program is so complete and covers all the bases from housing, jobs, visas, and all the legal stuff that I'd have been completely lost trying to figure out on my own. And aside from all of that, Lana does a great job making everyone feel welcome and shows you the best parts or Berlin through events and tours. She's super personable and knows her stuff through and through. Through the program I've met people and made friends from around the world. I felt I was in good hands from the start and I can say for certain this has been the best month of my life!!

• Professional Development

Becoming a Berliner is easy with Nomaden!

If you're thinking about moving to Berlin you should 100% do it! And if you want to move hassle free with the friendly help of an expert, then you should absolutely enroll for the Berliner Kickstarter with Lana at Nomaden Berlin.
Living abroad is a big step for anyone, and although I'd already been living overseas for 2 years, the idea of moving to a completely foreign country was very daunting. I don't know the language, I don't have any friends, how do I find a job and a place to live - so many questions! Lana's program answers all of these and puts your worries at ease. She takes the stress out of visa applications, you make friends with people on the program and the expat network she's created, guidance for job and house hunting is a breeze, all whilst enjoying the events and tours she organises to introduce you to the amazing city that is Berlin!
You can't put a price on peace of mind, that's why I highly recommend Nomaden Berlin as your go-to for becoming a Berliner! Thank you Lana for all your amazing help!

• Professional Development

The only way to move to Berlin

I am so glad to have found Nomaden Berlin. Lana is so knowledgable and friendly, making the process of getting a job, flat, insurance, bank accounts, language school etc possible. I definitely would have taken much longer and been stressed doing everything alone, so not only was Lana of huge value, but also having a whole group to go through it with was awesome. I would highly recommend moving to Berlin and getting in touch with Lana, it was the best decision I've made!

Best move, no regrets

If you would like to move to Berlin and really relax and take in the lifestyle of a Berliner, Nomaden Berlin is by far the best option. Lana does such a great job of taking care of all the huge administration work that takes people months to do by themselves. Within our first 2 weeks we had all of our documents out of the way except for our visas- (Still waiting on employment, 3 months with US passport, 2 more to go). She even helps with jobs, giving you suggestions and advice. This program is seriously a no brainer and I am so thankful that I not only participated in such a great program but that I was also able to meet such a genuine person, who really just wants to help people. Plus you meet people within the program which is a great way to kick start your social life in Berlin.

• Professional Development

A must for any future Berliner

I cannot recommend the services of Lana (Nomaden) enough. At first, the thought of relocating to a different country seemed daunting but the support and services Nomaden offered made the transition seamless and stress free as possible. The insight of Lana in relation to finding work and accommodation was amazing which ensured I was ready to hit the ground running with my life in Berlin after the one month program. There is also a huge social aspect of the program which was a great way to see the proper Berlin and meet fabulous people who recently made the move to Berlin like myself. In my opinion if anyone is looking to make the move to Berlin, Nomaden is a no brainer!

Thanks so much!!

Sam – Australia

Best kickstarter experience

The program was extremely helpful. Lana has everything figured out and she took a lot of weight of our shoulders. All of our administrative appointments were booked by Lana before we had arrived here. The accommodation was really nice and all the events and activities we did were very fun. Lana is wonderful, she creates a very nice environment for everyone on the program and she is a person you can really count on. Would totally recommend for anyone moving to Berlin, this program is really worth it!

• Professional Development

Moving to Berlin was a breeze...

I decided to move to Berlin 3.5 weeks before I departed. This was very nerve-racking and daunting even though I had moved internationally before... I spoke to Lana and she assured me it could be done and encouraged me to take the leap!

Nomaden Berlin is the perfect way to relocate. Lana has so much knowledge of the ever changing visa rules and can navigate German bureaucracy like a boss. The language school she has partnered with is great in getting you set with basic language skills and the staff there are lovely. Accommodation for the month was great! So centrally located & safe - it was the perfect place to settle while trying to figure out life in a new city.

Moving alone? No problem! Since there are others on the program with you and Lana organizes social events/excursions for both incoming and past Nomaden participants you'll be able to make a new bestie or travel buddies with ease.

Overall I really enjoyed this program. Lana is incredibly helpful before, during and after the program. Would recommend using Nomaden Berlin to everyone.

• Professional Development

Settling in Berlin made that much easier & fun!

Really great programme for anyone looking to move and settle in to Berlin. The month was full of awesome activities and an insight into what Berlin really has to offer. Lana is a super friendly, funny and helpful person who is always there to give you advice and help when you need it. Moving and getting set up in a different country can always be a bit overwhelming especially if not from the EU but Lana knows a lot and has loads of advice.
Would recommend to anyone looking to move to Berlin to work and experience life in a different country. The accommodation was also excellent - cleaner, convenient location and plenty of space and room for everyone staying there.

Incredibly helpful programme

German bureaucracy is not designed to make the task of moving here easy, and that's where Nomaden comes in. Lana has all the knowledge and experience required to make the relocation simple and that's exactly what she does.
The apartment provided for the programme duration is fantastic (location/furnishings/everything else). All the various appointments required for anmeldung and visas are taken care of and the application/documentation provided.
It was great to be able to meet other people in the same boat as myself with the social events and actually enjoy it rather than being stressed about getting set up.
Thanks Lana, love your work! :D

Great experience!!!

Moving to Berlin with Nomaden is SO easy! JUST DO IT! Lana helps you with all the papers you need to become a Berliner and make sure you have a great month here, showing you some spots of the city and giving a lot of information regarding jobs, how to find long term accommodation, etc.Everything was just amazing!
The apartment is as shown in the pictures, great located, a lot of light and really comfortable, only two stops from school.
I would highly recommend moving to Berlin with Nomaden! Lana you are a genius! Thankssss for this beautiful welcome.

What A great experience

I moved to Berlin through Nomaden and it was a great experience. Lana does a lot to help you get settled in and immersed in the Berlin culture. If you want to move for a period of time or permanent, Lana can set you up either way. Now I get to travel all around Europe. (It is so cheap to travel here)

Also the price is very reasonable. For the accommodations and the activities you do it is great. Plus having someone here that knows everything about how to get registered, get your Visa and all of the things you wouldn't have known existed is priceless. No way I could have done it on my own.

• Facilities

One stop shop to move to Berlin

Lana and Nomaden Berlin, thank you so much for doing everything you have done for me before and after moving to Berlin. You made sure I was comfortable and gave me all the information I required before I made the move to Berlin. This included how the visa process would work since I was applying for the Free Lance Visa and all the documents I needed for my visa appointment.

The apartment that we stayed at was in the heart of Berlin surrounded by beautiful places to eat and explore. Nomaden Berlin also packed our days with activities to uncover different neighbourhoods and hidden gems of Berlin.

Lana is constantly looking out for everyone in the job front (where to look), looking for accommodation (areas to stay and the websites to use) and making sure everyone is settling in well and enjoying Berlin, and always going above and beyond of what is expected from Nomaden Berlin Program. More than anything, thank you for being a friend to me in this new city and making me fall in love with Berlin.

• Professional Development

10/10 would recommend to anyone thinking about moving to Berlin!

My whole experience with Nomaden Berlin has been incredible. Moving country can be very stressful and Lana managed to make the experience so enjoyable and take all the worries out of it all. I was even picked up from the airport by Lana's colleague so I was looked after from the very beginning.

I stayed in a beautiful apartment for the first 2 weeks and made some great friends there, it is so good to be in the same boat as other people when making such a big change. With Lana's guidance I found a flat and a job in 2 weeks! I never would have known or been able to organise so quickly all the necessary administration and tasks that need to be done to move to Berlin. Lana also completely tailored the experience to each individual and went over and above to provide personal help to each of us getting set up.

We also went on several adventures round Berlin as a team, seeing the abandoned spy tower and a bike tour round the whole city. Without this course, I never could have set up in Berlin so efficiently, whilst making friends at the same time and having fun. Lana was always there to answer any question I needed and it was so good to have someone based in Berlin who knows so much about it all there to help. 10/10 would recommend to anyone thinking about moving to Berlin!

• Professional Development

Best bet to move to Germany

If you are serious about moving to Germany, Nomaden Berlin is the company to go through. I tried doing it on my own four years ago and failed miserably and had no idea what I was doing. This time through Nomaden Berlin, I was able to find a job, apartment, meet new friends, and get a residence permit which allowed my dream to move to Germany to become a reality. I ended up moving to Stuttgart instead of Berlin, but even then Lana never stopped helping me and answered every single question I had. Lana is incredibly helpful and bent over backwards dozens of times to help me. The apartment is really nice and in an awesome place in Berlin. Would highly recommend to anyone wishing to move to Germany.

Moving to Berlin?

If you are thinking of moving to Berlin and worried about occurring visa issues or simply don’t know where to start then I would recommend this program. Lana was very helpful and assisted me with all my questions before I had arrived and when I arrived in berlin I had an amazing penthouse in the best part town close to central waiting for me. Lana’s day trips were very thought out and interesting from berlin’s street art tour to the nice bike ride tour around the city they really gave me a taste of the berlin spirit. She also assisted me with lodging my visa and registration of address this is a very important step that most people fail to get. Nomaden Berlin was a great experience and Lana was a top-notch host! I rate the berlin kick starter program 5/5.

• Facilities

Nomaden Berlin's relocation service is 10/10!!

I chose to move to Berlin this summer to pursue work in PR. Having previously lived in Sweden and France, I was fairly comfortable with moving countries. However, having spoken to friends in Berlin and read the forums I could see that Berlin was a different beast. I looked around short-term accommodation offers and was pretty disappointed with what I could find. This was until I came across Nomaden Berlin! I was able to stay in a BEAUTIFUL penthouse apartment in Prenzlauer Berg for the same price as a hostel in a much lesser area. Added to this, I was able to register (anmeldung) at the apartment in the first week of arriving in Germany. This is a crucial administrative prerequisite if you want to live and work in Germany as you need to register to get a tax number. Nomaden booked my registration appointment and helped me with all the paperwork!!

After a lovely welcome evening I started on my 2-week intensive language course. This was in a great language school close to the apartment. I had some basic knowledge of German but the course really got me going with the language – I am hoping to carry on with the school after new year. Learning some basic German has made living here much easier and it has been really enjoyable doing this alongside fellow people relocating with Nomaden.

Throughout my first month in Berlin, Lana organised some really cool social events including BBQ’s, open-air cinema trips, market trips, bar crawls etc. which were great for getting to know the city and meeting people. However, as a history graduate, it was some of the organised tours that Nomaden offered that I found most fascinating. From trips to the Berlin wall and underground bunkers to tours of the Reichstag and Soviet memorials, the package Nomaden has put together gives you a great taste of the city’s history.

All in all, Nomaden made my move to Berlin very enjoyable. From the accommodation and language school to the events and tours, Nomaden offered a 10/10 relocation package!

• Professional Development

Easiest way to move to Europe!

So I moved from New Zealand to Berlin last year. A friend had told me about Nomaden Berlin, and how it made everything about the moving process so easy. I was a bit nervous about finding a job as I don't speak German, so I contacted Lana and she told me about what the Nomaden program offers. And I'm glad I did because everything worked out so smoothly! To begin with, I had a lot of help with the visa process (a lot of it's in German and quite complicated). The accommodation was awesome - an apartment right in the city, super close to the language school - such a convenient location for the first month, as it really gave me a chance to figure out the city without the stress of flat hunting (now I have a house-share with friends I made in the first week). I managed to get a job within 3 weeks!! (largely thanks to all of Lana's help - she's literally a CV/job finding guru). Best of all, I met an amazing bunch of friends through Lana and the rest of the group. I felt so welcome the day I arrived. My first two weeks of Berlin were just the best, and really kick-started my life here. I really cannot thank you enough Lana & Nomaden Berlin!!

I'd recommend this program to anyone thinking about doing the working holiday visa in Berlin and wants to make the process as smooth & easy as possible. It's actually really good value when you consider the cost of a Contiki or Topdeck tour, & this actually helps set your life up in a new city. I chose the package with accommodation, a language course, visa support, job placement help, 2 weeks of events and transport. That meant I literally had no stress, and setting up was super easy, but there are other packages as well to suit different needs.100% worth it imo!!

• Host Company

Settled in Berlin for three weeks

I had a really good experience and amazing time with Nomaden Berlin.

The welcoming is warm, everything is explained clearly and you sure have no time wondering what you will do today because of all the activities planned and suggested.

In my case, with the help of Nomaden Berlin, it took me three weeks to find a decent job and a room in Schöneberg. For arriving without any plan in mind, I am deeply thankful for making a dream come true.

I also need to say that the people with who I lived were really nice and interesting, all coming from different countries and background.

I would definitely recommend Nomaden Berlin to anyone who wants to move to Berlin and is in need of help. If you are looking for a friendly and up to date company that can grant you the chance of moving to Berlin in peace of mind, Lana's one might just be what you are looking for!!

Definitely worth it

Berlin is my first move abroad, and I'm really glad I used Nomaden to help me with the transition.

I'm so amazed by Lana and the work she does. Right from the beginning (a few months before my move), when I sent her a dozen emails with all these questions, to the very last day of the program (even beyond that), she's been nothing but warm, helpful, and communicative. She's taken so much of the stress and hassle, that comes with moving to a new place, off of my shoulders.

Using Lana's services has been such an invaluable experience and worth every penny. It's given me the opportunity to meet other people on the same boat, and discover places in the city, that I probably wouldn't have otherwise. For any youngsters making the move to Berlin, I highly recommend Nomaden to hit the ground running. Thank you Lana!

• Professional Development

Take the stress out of moving to Berlin

The Berliner Kickstarter program is perfect for anyone looking to relocate to Berlin. The whole process was made easier with appointments booked in for address registration and visa before I even arrived in addition to accommodation for the duration of the program. Lana was extremely helpful with addressing any concerns I had about making the move and if she didn't have an answer immediately to a query she would find it. If you're an Australian looking to move to Berlin on a working holiday visa this is a really simple way to do it.