Professional Field Guide Training
NJ MORE Field Guide College Header Image NJ MORE Field Guide College Header Image

Professional Field Guide Training

Safari guide training

I had an amazing time throughout my training. All of the staff where helpful and helped wherever they could.
You are immersed in to the wildlife 24 hours a day and experience things you can only dream of.
I did the 12 month course, which included a lodge placement. I now work full time at Marataba Safari Lodge as a guide, a far cry from my previous career working in London!!

Best decision I have ever made

From the the first Skype interview I had with the course director, Stephanie Kulak, I knew I had made the right decision to go with NJ More. In doing the course I learnt so much from the two head trainers Massimo and Graham but during that time I also found a passion I had lost, Conservation. Through the college I gained a placement with the Conservation Unit within the park.
Over the last five months I have spent working the Park Manager, Andre Uys, and his team I have learnt more than I could have ever hoped for.
Be it a break in your studies, a change of careers or in my case as a 53 year old wanting to change his life N J More can if you allow it change your life. It did for me.
I didn't become a Field a Guide but some of my fellow students did and others have gone in different directions within conservation, but none of of us would be where are now without the team at at NJ More.
I would personally like to thank Massimo Rebuzzi and Graham Cooke for giving me back my passion for wildlife and the bush and a very special thank you to Stephanie for believing in me and sharing my first elephant encounter.
My last comment is, if you want to exceed and become the best you can then N J More is the place for you.

Living the dream!

Upon searching for a course to attend I conducted thorough research to find the best value school for me, and after much research I decided on NJ More. I have not looked back once and it was a truly unforgettable experience. Best instructors, accommodation and Location, living up to everything I had Imagined and more.

The adventure of a lifetime!

My experience at NJ More Field Guide College was one of the most profound experiences of my life. I came on this course to expand my knowledge of nature and it's beings, but what I got was so much more than I expected. I unearthed my passion with excellent guiding and amazing people. It was the adventure of a lifetime!

Once in a lifetime experience!

I joined NJ More Field Guide College early 2015 for half a year of study including exams, and half a year of working in a 5 star lodge facilitated by NJ More FGC. If you live in the western urban world and you want a complete change, and you love nature, go do it! It is an experience you will never forget. Perhaps when you do in when in your 20's or so, you might make you profession out of it. The only thing is that these days permits to stay are not easy, at least in the country I was (SA).

I have been back to "normal" western world life for around a year and a half now, but I still think of Africa and my year at least once a day if I am honest.

Bram Kaulingfreks
Amsterdam - the Netherlands

Live changing experience

Live changing course of NJ More in a great five game and five star area. Puts students on the first place and the program is set up not only for FGASA level 1, but a whole lot of aspects of nature around it. Excellent course with an amazing accommodation with a group of most helpful an dedicated staff.

Breaking in camp

As part of the first induction we had to be the first to try on what fits and what doesn't. I think future classes reap great benefit from what my group experienced. The company behind this school in and of itself tells me it is not just a place of learning. It is about the big picture of experience, connection, and adaptation. It is learning how to work with nature, protect it, and appreciate it. You cover such a wide variety of skills and knowledge that the application to one specific job later should never be in question. The college has evolved since my intake and it is exciting to see how what was great for me is now extraordinary for new students. I would recommend this course to anyone trying to get in the field guide industry, or any of profession related. I would also recommend this as additional learning mid career, which is what it was for me.