Lake Malawi Child-Care and Development Project
Naturally Africa Volunteers Header Image Naturally Africa Volunteers Header Image

Lake Malawi Child-Care and Development Project

Teaching in a rural pre-school - creative curriculum project

My time in Malawi flew by, I thoroughly enjoyed myself and wish I could have stayed for longer. The people are so kind and friendly and it has been a wonderful experience to discover their culture and enjoy their fantastic country. It was truly special to meet the wonderful children and teachers and to help them to learn in a more creative and exciting way and to see them all grow in confidence and self esteem, with all the children enjoying the activities and being engaged in their learning.
I will treasure the memories I have made and will stay in touch with the brilliant staff at NAV to find out how they are all getting on.

A month in Malawi

I spent an amazing month volunteering at the nursery in Nkope with the fantastic NAV team. Everyone was super friendly and welcoming, as was everyone I met in Malawi. The children at the nursery were so fun to play with, and especially seeing them at pala (porridge) time showed just how important the project is in making sure they get a meal at a crucial age in development.

Two weeks that refreshed my love of teaching

Through the Naturally Africa Volunteer programme I had the chance to fufill a life long dream of going back to Malawi to teach. It was a wonderful and motivating experience - I didnĀ“t expect to find such happiness in an environment with so little resources - it was a pleasure spending time with the children and their teachers and sharing some of my ideas with them - I hope to go back soon.