Be a part of an innovative education solution
Maya Universe Academy Header Image Maya Universe Academy Header Image

Be a part of an innovative education solution

Maya means Love

Maya Universe Academy is an innovative and morden model of School: not only giving access to quality education to rural Nepal but also shaping the pupils and community to become independent thinkers.

I; as a long-term volunteer, would recommend staying at Maya with composure taking your time to get to know the jungle life, however whether you are a long-term or short-term volunteer it's definitely a journey of unexpected lessons.

Growth

Distinguishing a grassroot community change takes major time invested in the community. Maya is one of many place you can either fit in your vacation itinerary and see the surface level happenings or give your time and skillsets then experience growth aganist all the odds. Genuine love and shared smiles is what continues today that has initiated growth within the Maya community and yourself.

Unforgetable experience @ Maya

What an amazing four months I had at Maya. The schools are located at beautiful places in the middle of nature. Every day I spent at the school was unforgetable. The kids are incredible inspiring and independent. Everyday I learned a lot from them and hopefully they learned from me as well. The other volunteers came from all over the world and share their amazing stories & experiences. Because you live at the school near some small villages you really get into the Nepali culture. The accommodation, food etc are quite basic but good enough. It also gives you the opportunity to reflect on the western lifestyle. Every morning you can walk up the mountain for amazing sunrises. I was working in the construction team and help at several projects like building the foundation of a hostel for the kids. Working in construction helped me to be creative in finding solution for problems, gaining knowledge about how the build walls from stones, how to make cement and that kind of stuff. I am defenitely coming back to Maya. It is such a beautiful and inspiring environment.

Anne Borgstein’s

My time in Nepal was amazing, unforgettable and just perfect. I love the country, I love the people, and I was surprised by the warm welcome and hospitality of the kids of Maya Universe. I enjoyed every minute of our journey, it was amazing. Thank you so much, Maya Universe!!

Education - the key to the future

There is something rewarding about teaching and leaving a better future for the next generation. As a volunteer English teacher at Maya Universe Academy in rural Nepal I had a chance to do just that. Amazing cultural experience, Sid you welcomed me in and I felt like family by the time I left. Thanks Siggy for introducing me.

Unforgettable

I spent 7 months with Maya Universe Academy. It has definitely been the best and most intense experience of my life.
Living in rural Nepal has almost nothing to do with European standards, because it is indeed much better. I had the chance to get back to life standards where human relationships are the basis and pillars of your daily life, more than any type of items. Of course, each and every day brought new challenges, some of them easily addressable, some a bit less. But this was part of the game, and it helped me a lot to develop better and faster thinking in an alternative way, forcing me to find smart solutions every time.
The relationships that I built during this 7 months will most likely stay with me for the rest of my life. Sharing so many different situations, from the purest happiness to problems that seem insuperable, will bring you much closer than expected to people that you would otherwise maybe not even talk to.

I recommend it to anyone who is ready to challenge himself, and who cannot way to discover a new world, where people cam make the difference every day!

A perfect place with lovely people

Maya is a place that is writing the future of education, the project is made to ensure everyone can participate the way that best suits each parts, volunteers, children, and the local society. This is an amazing experience i highly recommend.