TEFL Certification in Peru—Teach in Latin America!
MAXIMO NIVEL participants MAXIMO NIVEL participants

TEFL Certification in Peru—Teach in Latin America!

Positive supportive experience

Both the international team and the tutoring team were friendly, supportive and encouraging. There was always someone to ask questions of and to receive support if it was required. Classes were informative and fun and the small group size allowed more individual learning and an opportunity to bond as a group. I found my training group supportive and great to learn with.

Take me back to TEFL

What a brilliant experience it was to study TEFL with Maximo Nivel in Cusco, Peru. Imagine your life like this: waking up to the blistering sun creeping through your window (when it's not raining in the wet season), going out for your morning exploring, having free coffee, learning and laughing and enjoying the company of complete strangers who quickly became some of your closest friends, more free coffee, getting lunch at the market for 2$, talking with locals and witnessing firsthand the rich culture that still lives so visibly in daily life, then going back to school, studying more, teaching students, having your comprehension of the English language grow, discovering things in yourself you didn't know, doing things you couldn't do, wandering off into the mountains or getting lost in idle city alleys on the weekend, living with a family and eating delicious homemade Peruvian food, making new friends, dancing at the bar, getting free shots, all the laughs, smiles, hugs and stretch circles you could share with these friends, all these things waiting to be explored, just out there waiting for you in Cusco. Don't wait! Now is the time to make your life shine!

Go for it!

Had a really great experience with Maximo Nivel.
Its such a big choice deciding on a TEFL programme and theres so many out there but I would happily recommend this one to anyone! The TEFL trainer Claudia was awesome and the ongoing support is great. Good facilities and a great location in Cusco :)

• Course Instructor

Such a wonderful program!

This TEFL program exceeded my expectations! Not only was this program really professionally run, but it was also so much fun! I feel totally prepared after completing this course to teach English anywhere in the world. I'm so grateful for this experience!

Awesome Experience at Maximo Nivel Cusco

I absolutely loved my TEFL class and it was in huge part to the instructor, Claudia. She made the class so much fun, I was actually sad when class was over each day! She is also extremely knowledgeable about teaching english, always available to help in and out of class hours, and really empowered me to want to learn the techniques and become an awesome teacher myself! I was originally not entirely sure about taking the course and quite nervous before practical teaching, but I walked away absolutely loving it. I took the hybrid course, and while it was a good choice for me because I was already living in Cusco and my mom was visiting for a week, I would have preferred to take the full on-site course. The assignments and reading made so much more sense once in class. Maximo feels like a second home now, the TEFL room is amazing and has everything you need to hole up in and prepare for all of the practical teaching! I would highly recommend this course!

• Course Instructor

Excellent opportunity to get your foot in the door

I took the TEFL course with Maximo Nivel in Cusco, Peru this past September and it was a really great experience. I had been wanting to take a TEFL certification course for awhile and although they are all semi-expensive I think it will definitely pay off in the end.

The TEFL instructor there, Claudia, is super energetic and fun and makes the whole class enjoyable. Six hours of class sounds like it would be extremely dry but with her the time flew by and was really informative. The class is set up for you to succeed. There are so many people at Maximo Nivel who are willing to help out in whatever way they can which is great. After relearning English grammar and English teaching techniques they allow ample time to get in-class teaching experience. For me this was the most intimidating part but also the most rewarding. Being able to plan your own lessons and see how they work in an actual class is fantastic to see what works and what might need to be improved. Claudia and another teacher at the school were there to speak with us after class and give suggestions which was helpful as well.

The school also offered teaching jobs to many of the TEFL participants after the course.

My only criticism of the program is that it ends pretty abruptly. After the practical teaching week one needs to figure out their housing situation and potentially their job plans and it was really chaotic but that doesn't necessarily fall on Maximo Nivel's shoulders... that is more of a life lesson.

All-in-all I would highly recommend this program as a way to meet some great people, get TEFL certified, and to experience a beautiful city in Cusco.

Amazing experience

When I first found out about the TEFL program at Maximo Nivel, I thought it would be a big review of grammar and just little practical teaching. Then, I realized that it really is a big review on grammar plus many hours of practical teaching. I can say that my expectations were fulfilled. The idea to teach in front of actual learners amazed me and kind of terrified me at the beginning. When PTW started I thought I wasn’t ready but then when I was in front of the class I felt more than ready to start teaching.
When I first took a seat, I really expected a really quiet class. I wasn’t right because it turned out to be a really funny and enjoyable class, not just because my classmates, Claudia the TEFL trainer was really funny. She really knows how to use all the techniques that we must dominate.
This experience changed the way I look at education in general because I thought lesson planning wasn’t that important and teachers should be more focused on following the curriculum, now I realized that lesson planning is very important too. Having a good lesson plan allowed me to create good rapport and good CCQs to do on the learners.

TEFL in Cusco

The TEFL training program in Cusco, Peru with Maximo Nivel was AMAZING. The instructor (Claudia) was one of the best teachers I've ever had, the staff was great, and we were given every possible resource. I definitely felt that I learned a lot and that it was well worth my money. Would highly recommend the program and absolutely loved my experience here at Maximo Nivel in Cusco, Peru. Also seriously Mama Clau Clau is the best.

Highly recommend

Maximo Nivel in Cusco, Peru has gone so far above my expectations. The staff is so incredibly nice and helpful. My TEFL instructor, Claudia, has been one of the best teachers I have ever had. She taught us so much in four weeks and every class was super fun. I didn't think I would learn much from this course but I feel so prepared to begin teaching English. I highly recommend taking the TEFL course in Cusco with Maximo. It's an amazing institute in an amazing city!

LOVED the Maximo TEFL program

I highly recommend, if you want to teach English in Cusco, getting ESL certified through Maximo Nivel. In Cusco and Lima, most language schools require teachers to have to have a TEFL certification to teach. Maximo Nivel was wonderful for many reasons. For one, I made lasting friendships in the month-long course with fellow classmates, as well as faculty and staff members at Maximo. Also, Maximo Nivel allows TEFL students to gain practical experience teaching native Spanish speakers throughout the course. Following the TEFL course, I quickly found work teaching English in Cusco and many language schools who interviewed me were impressed with the Maximo TEFL certification. However, the TEFL certification is also internationally recognized! Again, I HIGHLY recommend taking the Maximo Nivel TEFL course in Cusco.

Thank you Maximo!

One month after arriving in Cusco, Peru, I can honestly say that quitting my job to enroll in the TEFL certification course at Maximo Nivel was the best decision I have ever made! I am so thankful for all the support I received from the Maximo staff, and most importantly the best TEFL trainer in the world, Claudia Behnke. If you want to get your TEFL certification, look no further than Maximo Nivel-Cusco!

The TEFL trainer, Claudia, in Cusco, Peru is not only entertaining but was able to give me the skills needed to secure a full time teaching job immediately after my TEFL course ended. I had no idea how many different techniques were used in teaching English as a foreign language, but thanks to Claudia and Maximo I feel more than prepared to teach English all over the world!

• Course Instructor

The experience of a lifetime

I'm so glad I made the decision to do this course. I met so many amazing people through this course including all of the staff and teachers at Maximo Nivel. The TEFL instructor (Claudia) is so amazing, helpful, and incredibly accommodating. The course is intense, but anybody with experience taking university level course can definitely handle it. The course also allows an amazing amount of practical teaching experience which I personally thought was the best part of the course. Plus, you're in Cusco, one of the most beautiful places in South America! I had the most amazing time taking this course and I would highly recommend it to anyone with even the slightest interest in teaching abroad.

Worth it!!

A great experience where I learnt so much in such a short amount of time. The TEFL trainer was somewhat of a God when it came to the content and assistance outside of class hours. I can't recommend Maximo Nivel Cusco enough. Great job guys!

• Course Instructor

Excellent start for your TEFL career!

I completed my TEFL course in July 2016 and loved every minute of it. I felt very supported in general from the entire staff at Maximo Nivel as there was always someone there to answer my concerns. The feedback and the practical experience we received was unparalleled, certainly more than I expected for a short 1 month course. The trainer, Claire was incredible in her dedication, guidance and support. This, combined with the small class size, made for a very individualized experience. I met amazing people, gained valuable experience, an international accreditation and found employment at Maximo very soon after completion. I would highly recommend this course to anyone considering a TEFL qualification abroad or at home.

• Course Instructor

The perfect TEFL program for me

After graduating college, I wanted to make a smart choice about how I should move into this next phase of my life, one which would inspire me, provide me with unique experiences, allow me to use my strengths, challenge me to grow, and still advance my future academic and professional career. After months of searching for the perfect TEFL program, I was confident in my choice to study through ITTO with Maximo Nivel in Cusco, Peru. However, I found myself very unsure the night before the course as to whether the program would be as exemplary as advertised. I was both ecstatic and relieved to find myself enrolled in a program which aligned with my own teaching values, challenging TEFL students to facilitate language learning instead of teaching through lecture or translation. I knew I was in for a demanding month, but I was ready to use the multiple resources that the beautiful Maximo Nivel learning center provides its TEFL students to grow into confident, informed, and well-rounded English teachers.

I was consistently amazed by how quickly we could cover material in this course, while still retaining and applying that same information. The instructor’s passion for the material was evident as she epically modeled each teaching technique and made herself always available for support or discussion outside of regular classroom hours. Now, I feel able to confidently walk into a room full of a variety of people, who speak no English at all and whose language(s) I do not speak, and be able to effectively communicate and teach.

I believe in being a part of the place that you are visiting, and this certification will allow me to provide a community that I spend time in with something in return for allowing me to experience their part of the world. Outside of the actual course, the centrally-located facilities and welcoming staff of Maximo Nivel made my entire experience in Cusco smooth and exciting. The course was organized so that I still had plenty of time to explore Peru and make lasting connections with my fellow TEFLers. I am so completely proud to have graduated from this internationally-recognized program, and I will never forgot the experience.

• Course Instructor

Exposure, excitement, and exercise!

I was exposed to incredible people and challenges that have made me a more open-minded and curious individual. I was continuously excited to learn from and with my teacher and peers. I exercised my brain and my body in ways I never knew I could! Cusco, Peru and the TEFL Program at Maximo Nivel are experiences I will forever cherish because I now have everlasting knowledge and skills I can bring into every aspect of life.

TEFL certification with Maximo Nivel

This course was incredible. I signed up hoping to pick up some new teaching skills and experience the culture of a new country, but I got so much more out of it. Everyone in the facility was incredibly helpful and the coursework was challenging but so informative. My teaching practice has greatly improved, not just related to teaching English, but my overall classroom management and planning skills. Our instructor was so knowledgeable and always available to help. This program was an invaluable experience for me and I highly recommend it for anyone looking to teach English or just to improve their teaching practices in general.

A priceless experience

I did not know what to expect from a TEFL program except what I read in different articles. Coming from a finance and management/administration background I thought this would be easy-I have handled top executives and interactions with politicians-how hard can this be?. It was night and day but the staff at Maximo especially the TEFL trainer/ facilitator Claudia made it an amazing experience. I moved from being a very confident person to feeling overwhelmed and inadequate but, with the patience, guidance and encouragement from my TEFL trainer I felt my confidence re-emerge in a more holistic way. I am now a TEFL teacher and one of excellence because of the experience at Maximo Nivel

Great program!!

In June 2016 I completed my TEFL certification with Maximo Nivel - Cusco. I can't say enough about the experience, the TEFl training, and the entire Maximo staff.

The TEFL training itself was intensive, structured, but lots of fun along the way. If you are serious about being an ESL teacher, this program will most definitely prepare you as well as help you in finding that dream teaching job.

The school is centrally located in Cusco, so even with all your coursework, getting to know the city is quite easy in your month stay.

Maximo Nivel TEFL

TEFL certification at Maximo Nivel was a great experience! Claudia was an excellent teacher, very funny and always full of energy. She was very dedicated and available throughout the entire course. The course itself contained a lot of work, but all very relevant. There was a lot of practical teaching experience included as well, which helped a lot with preparation.

I feel well prepared thanks to TEFL at Maximo Nivel

I became TEFL certified through Maximo Nivel in April 2016. The program was fast paced, but in-depth at the same time. The instructor was very experienced in teaching the course and was able to answer all questions from the TEFL students. Throughout the 4 week program, there were multiple opportunities to teach small groups of students and the final week was full of practical teaching where we taught our own classes. I feel very well prepared to teach English after becoming TEFL certified through Maximo Nivel.

A Creative Challenge

In the TESOL/ TEFL course of Máximo Nivel you are both the guinea pigs of the TEFL techniques and teachers that are finding their own wings. The staff create an incredibly supportive system to help you develop your own creative teaching style. You are provided a base, but are also encouraged to pursue new and innovative ideas to make teaching English as engaging, dynamic, and interactive as possible. I wholeheartedly, say give it a go! :-)

Great Experience

Maximo Nivel offers a great program with highly qualified teachers and staff. The TEFL program exceeded my expectations, and upon completion I felt prepared and confident to walk into any ESL classroom and be comfortable and successful. I highly recommend Maximo Nivel and Cusco, Peru as a great environment for a cultural, educational and fun experience.

TEFL / TESOL Certification

I had a lot of fun learning how to teach English at Maximo Nivel. The course gave me all the tools I needed to prepare as an ESL teacher. My trainer, Claudia, never ran low on energy and kept lessons entertaining and fun. The most valuable part of the experience was getting the opportunity to teach for a week, fine tuning the techniques I learned in class. The week of teaching was done using a real class with real paying students. This is not something that Online Classes can provide.

Surpassed all Expectations.

This course was incredible. Claudia was one of the best instructors I have ever had the pleasure of taking. The long class hours, 6 hours a day, flew by with Claudia at the helm. The administration were easily the most friendly and approachable administrators I have ever encountered in an academic setting. I would highly recommend this program to any one looking to get Certified in TEFL. Added bonus it's in Cuzco which is an amazing city.