TEFL Certification in Peru—Teach in Latin America!
MAXIMO NIVEL participants MAXIMO NIVEL participants

TEFL Certification in Peru—Teach in Latin America!

TEFL Course in Peru

I had an amazing experience! I learned so much about myself and the other learners. I am sad to say goodbye but I have made a life long connection with my peers.
Great Instructor and was always motivavting and pushing us to be the best.
Highly recommended to anyone and everyone interested in taking the step into the teaching world. You might start thinking you only want to do it for short term but you will have such a passion for it by the end, you would not want to leave! I´m not

TEFL

My experience at Maximo Nivel exceeded all my expectations. The coordinators were organized, professional, and everyone was there to help with any questions I had. The program itself was intense, but the curriculum was interesting, and the staff made sure to make it fun and exciting. I did not know what to expect when I signed up to get my TEFL certification, but the material we went over was helpful of the realities of being an English teacher and how to properly teach a foreign language to future students. I would recommend this program to anyone and highly suggest to do the onsight certification, because you can do hands-on experience with real students. Practicing with real students was helpful to apply the techniques you learn through the program with the guidance of my teacher, Sean. I feel more than ready to start my career as an English teacher, thanks to this Maximo Nivel TEFL program.

No Regrets

I decided to take the TEFL course in Cusco, Peru at 49 years old. I was just ready for a change. When I first read about the TEFL online, I was instantly interested. I did my research to find out everything I could about the program at Maximo Nivel. Everything I could find was positive. Still with the cost being a pretty big investment, I took some time to really consider before signing up. I can honestly say, I have no regrets. The program was excellent. Everyone at Maximo Nivel was very friendly and helpful. My instructor, Sean, provided us with a quality education and support to be successful. It's true that the work load is intense, but my experience in the program was very enjoyable.

Great experience at MN

I really enjoyed the experience at MN. Awesome and qualified TEFL trainer who always offered us help, support and constructive feedback in every lesson. I would definitely highly recommend this program at Maximo Nivel.
This TEFL course really had what I was looking for, it combined theory and practice.

• Course Instructor

Excellent instructor, course, classmates and experience

If you are considering TEFL like I was for a long time, do it in Cusco! Sean is the best teacher anybody could ask for. You will be tasked with a lot of work, but it is not without the assistance and encouragement of Sean, every step of the way. The amount that you will learn and grow is astonishing. Anybody who likes to travel, teach or just looking for something different could benefit from taking this course. I had a blast, thank you Maximo, thank you Sean.

• Course Instructor

Reach your potential as a professional teacher!

If I had to take the TEFL course at Maximo Nivel again, I would. They prepared me to be a true professional teacher during 4 weeks and I believe I can make a huge difference in my community with this new knowledge. The practical teaching week has helped me understand what it takes to accomplish the goal of any great teacher: inspire students to learn. And this was also possible due to my instructor, Sean: the best; a professional, knowledgable, supportive and wonderful human being, always available to you and eager to guide you every step of the way. With Sean and at Maximo Nivel, you will reach your maximum potential as a teacher and this will be one of the best experiences of your life. Guaranteed!

Sean is the best!

I really loved this TEFL course thanks to the most awesome TEFL Trainer ever. Sean was so knowledgeable, incredibly supportive, always available, and just amazing in general. I really enjoyed seeing how much fun it was to learn, by constantly putting the ESL techniques into practice. It's a lot of work, but after four weeks you have no other option but being an amazing teacher. The Practical Teaching Week is perfect to put your knowledge into practice and seeing the students learn and grow during that week is unforgettable. Thank you!!!

TEFL program Maximo Nivel

Maximo Nivel´s TEFL program was, simply put, amazing. It was informative, challenging, and extremely fun. All my expectations were met in and out of the classroom. The TEFL trainer here, Sean, was highly adept at connecting with a wide variety of people and able to make everyone´s voices heard during class. I felt like I received plenty of individual attention while also being immersed in a school community at Maximo Nivel.

Additionally, the International Department supported me extremely well and were highly informed and helpful. Ellen was particularly awesome. She seems to know everything about Cusco and was more than willing to help me sort out issues experienced with ATMs, and really any other snag I hit- Ellen knew exactly how to fix it!

Maximo Nivel is a good institute run by good people. They want to help you feel comfortable and successful and they´re good at it too!

• Course Instructor

Once in a life time opportunity

When I signed up for the TEFL course, my main focus was just to do something that was out of my country and out of my comfort zone. I thought the real challenge was going to come from living in a new country and a new culture, but I underestimated the TEFL course challenge. Even though the course was a challenge, Sean (TEFL Instructor), Yobi (TEFL Instructor Assistant), and the Maximo Nivel team made the entire experience fun and a memory I will never forget. The best part about taking the TEFL course with Maximo Nivelis that anybody can really do it. The TEFL participants do not need to know Spanish, they do not need a college degree, and they do not need any prior teaching experience.

TEFL is so great!

TEFL at Maximo was a great experience! It opened so many doors for me and I learned so much! Sean was an excellent teacher, I enjoyed every class and Maximo was always there to help whenever I needed it. I highly recommend doing your TEFL at Maximo Nivel!

Professional experience in Cusco, Peru

I completed the TEFL course in Cusco, Peru. I only have good things to say about the facility and the instructors. Sean was the lead instructor and Yobi was his assistant. Are class was rather large and I never felt like that affected the quality. Sean and Yobi were terrific. They were great teachers and handled the class masterfully. Any questions or doubts I had was quickly handled. The whole experience was wonderful. The classroom has everything you would ever need and all of the employees of Maximo were great. I was extremely impressed and would happily recommend this program to any of my friends.

Worth It

The staff here is great; the really go out of their way to make sure you are comfortable in Cusco. I had some issues with the water heater in my apartment and told the Maximo staff and within the day it was resolved. They will work with your landlord or host family to make sure you are never lost in translation which is extremely helpful. I speak some Spanish but am easily overwhelmed by technical details, and so their help was much appreciated.

The course itself is not very difficult, just requires that you put in the effort to keep up with the reading and a few papers. Even though you might be a native speaker you will definitely realize there are a lot of aspects to grammar that need a bit of study to wrap your head around (looking at you, conditionals).

I never felt lost in the class because my teacher (Sean Barter) was absolutely fantastic and very engaging. Definitely one of the best teachers I've ever had and if the other teachers are of the same caliber I wholeheartedly recommend the program. My own class was great. Sean worked to make sure we as a class were cohesive while providing plenty of individual assessment and was available pretty much all the time. You should sign up! There's a lot more they offer than just the TEFL certification so there will be a lot to keep you occupied. It was a well spent month.

Last thing, the practical teaching week seems like it's the most brutal thing in existence for the time you are there but it's incredibly helpful and really helps you understand if teaching is something you can succeed in or not. It was the hardest part of the course for me but the most rewarding. I was sad to leave my class on the last day while the first couple days I was dreading doing it. Felt like I learned a lot in a week. Definitely a lot in the whole month's course. I'm glad I completed this course.

Year Completed
2017

Positive supportive experience

Both the international team and the tutoring team were friendly, supportive and encouraging. There was always someone to ask questions of and to receive support if it was required. Classes were informative and fun and the small group size allowed more individual learning and an opportunity to bond as a group. I found my training group supportive and great to learn with.

Take me back to TEFL

What a brilliant experience it was to study TEFL with Maximo Nivel in Cusco, Peru. Imagine your life like this: waking up to the blistering sun creeping through your window (when it's not raining in the wet season), going out for your morning exploring, having free coffee, learning and laughing and enjoying the company of complete strangers who quickly became some of your closest friends, more free coffee, getting lunch at the market for 2$, talking with locals and witnessing firsthand the rich culture that still lives so visibly in daily life, then going back to school, studying more, teaching students, having your comprehension of the English language grow, discovering things in yourself you didn't know, doing things you couldn't do, wandering off into the mountains or getting lost in idle city alleys on the weekend, living with a family and eating delicious homemade Peruvian food, making new friends, dancing at the bar, getting free shots, all the laughs, smiles, hugs and stretch circles you could share with these friends, all these things waiting to be explored, just out there waiting for you in Cusco. Don't wait! Now is the time to make your life shine!

Go for it!

Had a really great experience with Maximo Nivel.
Its such a big choice deciding on a TEFL programme and theres so many out there but I would happily recommend this one to anyone! The TEFL trainer Claudia was awesome and the ongoing support is great. Good facilities and a great location in Cusco :)

• Course Instructor

Such a wonderful program!

This TEFL program exceeded my expectations! Not only was this program really professionally run, but it was also so much fun! I feel totally prepared after completing this course to teach English anywhere in the world. I'm so grateful for this experience!

Awesome Experience at Maximo Nivel Cusco

I absolutely loved my TEFL class and it was in huge part to the instructor, Claudia. She made the class so much fun, I was actually sad when class was over each day! She is also extremely knowledgeable about teaching english, always available to help in and out of class hours, and really empowered me to want to learn the techniques and become an awesome teacher myself! I was originally not entirely sure about taking the course and quite nervous before practical teaching, but I walked away absolutely loving it. I took the hybrid course, and while it was a good choice for me because I was already living in Cusco and my mom was visiting for a week, I would have preferred to take the full on-site course. The assignments and reading made so much more sense once in class. Maximo feels like a second home now, the TEFL room is amazing and has everything you need to hole up in and prepare for all of the practical teaching! I would highly recommend this course!

• Course Instructor

Excellent opportunity to get your foot in the door

I took the TEFL course with Maximo Nivel in Cusco, Peru this past September and it was a really great experience. I had been wanting to take a TEFL certification course for awhile and although they are all semi-expensive I think it will definitely pay off in the end.

The TEFL instructor there, Claudia, is super energetic and fun and makes the whole class enjoyable. Six hours of class sounds like it would be extremely dry but with her the time flew by and was really informative. The class is set up for you to succeed. There are so many people at Maximo Nivel who are willing to help out in whatever way they can which is great. After relearning English grammar and English teaching techniques they allow ample time to get in-class teaching experience. For me this was the most intimidating part but also the most rewarding. Being able to plan your own lessons and see how they work in an actual class is fantastic to see what works and what might need to be improved. Claudia and another teacher at the school were there to speak with us after class and give suggestions which was helpful as well.

The school also offered teaching jobs to many of the TEFL participants after the course.

My only criticism of the program is that it ends pretty abruptly. After the practical teaching week one needs to figure out their housing situation and potentially their job plans and it was really chaotic but that doesn't necessarily fall on Maximo Nivel's shoulders... that is more of a life lesson.

All-in-all I would highly recommend this program as a way to meet some great people, get TEFL certified, and to experience a beautiful city in Cusco.

Amazing experience

When I first found out about the TEFL program at Maximo Nivel, I thought it would be a big review of grammar and just little practical teaching. Then, I realized that it really is a big review on grammar plus many hours of practical teaching. I can say that my expectations were fulfilled. The idea to teach in front of actual learners amazed me and kind of terrified me at the beginning. When PTW started I thought I wasn’t ready but then when I was in front of the class I felt more than ready to start teaching.
When I first took a seat, I really expected a really quiet class. I wasn’t right because it turned out to be a really funny and enjoyable class, not just because my classmates, Claudia the TEFL trainer was really funny. She really knows how to use all the techniques that we must dominate.
This experience changed the way I look at education in general because I thought lesson planning wasn’t that important and teachers should be more focused on following the curriculum, now I realized that lesson planning is very important too. Having a good lesson plan allowed me to create good rapport and good CCQs to do on the learners.

TEFL in Cusco

The TEFL training program in Cusco, Peru with Maximo Nivel was AMAZING. The instructor (Claudia) was one of the best teachers I've ever had, the staff was great, and we were given every possible resource. I definitely felt that I learned a lot and that it was well worth my money. Would highly recommend the program and absolutely loved my experience here at Maximo Nivel in Cusco, Peru. Also seriously Mama Clau Clau is the best.

Highly recommend

Maximo Nivel in Cusco, Peru has gone so far above my expectations. The staff is so incredibly nice and helpful. My TEFL instructor, Claudia, has been one of the best teachers I have ever had. She taught us so much in four weeks and every class was super fun. I didn't think I would learn much from this course but I feel so prepared to begin teaching English. I highly recommend taking the TEFL course in Cusco with Maximo. It's an amazing institute in an amazing city!

LOVED the Maximo TEFL program

I highly recommend, if you want to teach English in Cusco, getting ESL certified through Maximo Nivel. In Cusco and Lima, most language schools require teachers to have to have a TEFL certification to teach. Maximo Nivel was wonderful for many reasons. For one, I made lasting friendships in the month-long course with fellow classmates, as well as faculty and staff members at Maximo. Also, Maximo Nivel allows TEFL students to gain practical experience teaching native Spanish speakers throughout the course. Following the TEFL course, I quickly found work teaching English in Cusco and many language schools who interviewed me were impressed with the Maximo TEFL certification. However, the TEFL certification is also internationally recognized! Again, I HIGHLY recommend taking the Maximo Nivel TEFL course in Cusco.

Thank you Maximo!

One month after arriving in Cusco, Peru, I can honestly say that quitting my job to enroll in the TEFL certification course at Maximo Nivel was the best decision I have ever made! I am so thankful for all the support I received from the Maximo staff, and most importantly the best TEFL trainer in the world, Claudia Behnke. If you want to get your TEFL certification, look no further than Maximo Nivel-Cusco!

The TEFL trainer, Claudia, in Cusco, Peru is not only entertaining but was able to give me the skills needed to secure a full time teaching job immediately after my TEFL course ended. I had no idea how many different techniques were used in teaching English as a foreign language, but thanks to Claudia and Maximo I feel more than prepared to teach English all over the world!

Claudia is the best

Maximo is a great, professional place to take TEFL. Great support, great course content, great facility, etc. I couldn't imagine taking the course with anyone but Claudia teaching. She's the best out there!

• Course Instructor

The experience of a lifetime

I'm so glad I made the decision to do this course. I met so many amazing people through this course including all of the staff and teachers at Maximo Nivel. The TEFL instructor (Claudia) is so amazing, helpful, and incredibly accommodating. The course is intense, but anybody with experience taking university level course can definitely handle it. The course also allows an amazing amount of practical teaching experience which I personally thought was the best part of the course. Plus, you're in Cusco, one of the most beautiful places in South America! I had the most amazing time taking this course and I would highly recommend it to anyone with even the slightest interest in teaching abroad.