TEFL Certification in Costa Rica—Teach in Latin America!
MAXIMO NIVEL participants MAXIMO NIVEL participants

TEFL Certification in Costa Rica—Teach in Latin America!

Amazing!

Deciding to get my TEFL certification in Manuel Antonio was one of the best decisions I have had in a while. The program was harder than I expected, but I really enjoyed it regardless. Audra makes learning the content that would normally feel really dry, fun and exciting. We definitely laughed every day in class and had a beautiful teasing view of the ocean. The practical teaching week was the best because we actually got to teach local students and develop relationships. Feedback was given promptly and Laura was great to have as support. If you are looking for a relaxing vacation while getting your TEFL certification, think twice, but it will be a very rewarding experience if you decide to do it. The staff in Manuel Antonio is superb. Everyone was extremely helpful and approachable. If you want to get your TEFL certification while in a beautiful place, I highly recommend this place.
PS: that picture was legit taken from the building you'd be taking classes in.

Pura Vida Mae

This is no joke! It is a hard class. However, that doesn't mean you can't have a blast! I have learned so much and such a great time. Audra and Laura are great and really care about you. They make what could be a super boring course into a great experience.

• Course Instructor

The best TEFL program out there!

Receiving my TEFL Certification through Maximo Nivel in Manuel Antonio was one of the most enriching, rewarding, amazing experiences of my life! I had an absolute blast every single day in my class and went from zero knowledge on how to teach English to teaching hour long lessons in four short weeks. Audra is an absolutely FIRE instructor - she is always at the top of her game and will do anything to help her students and inspired all of us to make the most of our teaching careers. She gives positive and improvement feedback after every lesson and really wants to help her students grow to be the best they can be. I also had an amazing experience with my host family in MA and wouldn't have changed a single thing about this experience. It was magical.

Amazing Audra

This a great TEFL program in Manuel Antonio, CR. Audra, the instructor, is phenomenal at her craft and makes the hours of classroom engagement enjoyable. The school sit atop a mountain and your views of the Pacific Ocean from the classroom are spectacular (and make it somewhat difficult to focus :)). I have to stay that the information provided by the company prior to arriving in CR was pitiful. I literally had to call and email several times to get answers to simple logistical questions, i.e., what is the address of my apartment (never did get that answer). The "provided" living arrangements are hit or miss (there seems to be no real standard for this). Prior to signing up I asked for information about my apartment and was provided with such. My apartment had everything that I was promised. Sadly, others did not ask for this information and their apartments were lacking air conditioning, hot water, etc. Like anything else you must do your due diligence but overall I would do this program again!

• Course Instructor

Teaching with the best of them

Maximo Nivel was above and beyond what I expected. At first the program was very helpful in answering all of my questions during the on board process. Once I arrived in Quepos the host family I was paired with was a perfect fit. Maximo Nivel has done their due diligence in choosing these families. The real reason that this program was so amazing was because of the amazing teacher I had. Audra was a flawless. In a multi-cultural filled class of students wanting to learn how to become TEFL teachers, she was able to identify our strengths and play on them. Each day I was excited to show up to see what I was going to learn next. She gave constructive criticism when needed but most of all made this whole experience amazing. Easily one of if not my favorite teachers ever. Going forward as a TEFL graduate from Maximo Nivel, I have no doubt that this was the right move for me. So if you have any doubts, whether it be the length of the course or the cost, throw them out the window and take a chance. This was hands down the best move I have ever made in my adult life and hope that this helps anyone who is on the fence about doing the onsite one month program. The only thing you can never waste your money on is traveling. Having this amazing course under my belt now is proof of that.

Life changing... changing lives

This is a very intense but rewarding program. Our days were packed with interesting lectures, observations and HOMEWORK! The staff at Maximo are extremely supportive and work hard to ensure you make the most of your experience.
Quepos and Manuel Antonio are beautiful cities that you must TAKE time to enjoy. The people are very friendly and the area is full of culture.
And my host mom, Miriam, was the best! Her welcoming spirit and her fabulous cooking.
Pura vida

TEFL Costa Rica

I recently took the TEFL certification course in Manual Antonio. Not only is the school located on top of "the hill" it has a magnificent view of the Pacific and is filled with numerous helpful people. Great experience but it goes by way too fast. Unforgettable memories were made here. :)

Most awesome experience ever

Where to begin? I guess I'll start by saying that going to Máximo has been one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life. Tired of the 9-5 grind, I decided to take a leap of faith and venture down to Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica, to learn how to teach English. I didn't know a single person and you could count the number of Spanish words I knew on one hand...

I kept wondering to myself on the flight down, "what the heck am I doing?". However, at this end of this experience I was asking myself "why didn't I decide to do this earlier!?!".

Audra and Dani, my awesome trainers, were nothing short of incredible. They taught us all the ins and outs of the classroom and how to most effectively teach English. My classmates were also some of the coolest people I have ever met in my life! It's amazing how much you can transform in 4 weeks, not just as a teacher but as a person.

Also, the classroom has an OCEAN VIEW! Not too many places offer that! Anyways, I can honestly say that you will not regret your decision to do this program. It changed me for the better, and there is no amount of money or fame that you could give me in exchange for the experiences I had in Costa Rica both in and outside the classroom. Pura Vida!

An amazing experience

I come from a teaching background and so I thought I had a good grasp on what the course would be like, but I was mistaken! Audra was my trainer and she did a really good job taking my core teaching skills and converting them into English (as a language skills). Even though I had been teaching, I learned so much more about teaching English from her and the course itself is absolutely amazing! I had one issue, but that was with the host family. I didn't have a good experience with the host family I was staying with so I wouldn't recommend opting for that, but the rest is 10/10. Plus being walking distance to a beautiful beach isn't half bad either.

TEFL Course in Costa Rica

I took my TEFL course in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica and absolutely loved it!!
This is the best thing I have ever done for myself especially knowing that my opportunities are endless. The school environment was beautiful and my teachers were INCREDIBLE (big thanks to Audra and Danny) Even before arriving to Manuel, Karen was so consistent and very helpful in making this a smooth transition. Thanks so much Maximo!!

Fantastic course

I can honestly say that Máximo's class changed my life, both because of the course itself and the experience. While I had some tutoring experience beforehand, I had never had self confidence in my teaching abilities.

In this course, not only did I learn strategies and methods that helped me become an effective teacher, but Audra and Dani (my trainers) made me feel empowered as an individual.

I couldn't be happier with my experience and I'd recommend this program to anyone who is even remotely interested.

Best decision ever!

It's my last day of the TEFL course in Costa Rica and it's so bittersweet. The days have been long and hot, but the challenge was so worth it! I've met incredible people and learned so much in such a short time. I can't wait to put my skills to use!
My TEFL trainers Audra and Dani were amazing and truly made this experience what it was. They have really inspired me!

Life changing

The course in Manuel Antonio is taught by two of the best people I have met on this planet. Audra and Dani are two genuine human beings that take their passion for their jobs to a new level. They find a way to connect with everyone on a deep level, and want to see you succeed as much if not more than you do. They believe in you even if you don't believe in yourself, and will help you though anything. Never once did I felt a lack of support or advice. They practice what they preach and create an environment where you are feel comfortable failing. If you pass the class and want a job you will find a job hands down. I got emails from Audra at 9 PM on a Friday night concerning job opportunities. Outside of the classroom they took the time to educate us on Quepos/Manuel Antonio, and how to take advantage of all the best spots. I was terrified to come to a country I barely spoke the language and had no friends in. Now that the month is over I feel shocked at how fast it went and saddened that it is now over. But I will never forget the friends made and the laughs had. This experience has been life changing and will be something I remember long after I forget my name. Life, Love, and TEFL.

Sweaty, sweaty, TEFL

There really aren't enough good things I can say about both Audra and Dani. Right off the bat, Audra was incredibly engaging, full of humor and wit, and has an incredible textbook like knowledge of TEFL and grammar. She made roasting in class every day an absolute pleasure. Dani is one of the most patient, kind, and knowledgeable teachers I have encountered. She is full of life and is one of the kindest souls I know. Both Audra and Dani have hearts of gold, and are amazing teachers, TEFL trainers, and human beings.

• Course Instructor

Fantastic experience and already employed

So, When I decided I wanted to take a TEFL course I look through several groups but Maximo seemed right from all I read. I signed up, quite easily, and got set up to arrive. In just one month Maximo worked my skills and supported me in all ways to teach me this trade and get me ready to travel and make money. Audra, the main TEFL teacher in Manuel Antonio CR, is phenomenal and supportEd all of us every step of the way. The final week I got a job with Maximo in Peru and I leave for there this week. I could not have asked for a better month of education, teaching experience, or FUN! If you're going to do TEFL, Maximo Nivel is the way to go!

Baby boomer's MAXIMO experience

I am 63 years old and just graduated from TEFL class in Manuel Antonio. I have lived here in Manuel Antonio by myself and had blast. People over 50 or 60 should not be intimidated. This is a safe place if you use common sense. The course is hard work, you are not just paying Maximo Nivel to print you a certificate, but you have something worthwhile when you finish!

• Course Instructor

Get a TEFL certification while living in beautiful coastal area of Costa Rica!

At this very moment when I’m writing my Professional Development Paper just hours before our graduation party and looking at a beautiful Costa Rican sunset I can say that this program was fantastic. It is not easy, you will have to work for it, but thats why you call it an intense course! After completing the TEFL course I am ready to roam the world and teach some English to people all around our planet!
Pura Vida!

Incredible experience!

This was my first ever experience in teaching and it was one hell of a ride. I will never forget the incredible time I've had here at Maximo Nivel. It is a very intense course but so worthwhile! The teachers are absolutely amazing (Audra and Dani I adore you!) and give you so much support along the way. You will make friends for life and skills that will apply to so many jobs, teaching or not. The school is situated in the most beautiful location and has such a friendly atmosphere that you will just fall in love with it and never want to leave. Do this course - you won't regret it!

• Course Instructor

Life changing TEFL experience!

Great program! Be prepared to work hard and have a lot of fun! The course is very intense but you definitely learn so much and feel totally equipped to teach English when you graduate. The teachers go out of their way to invest in you as a person.

What a month!

The team at Maximo can't be faulted. They're kind, capable, and heaps of fun to be around! Work hardly seems like work when you're surrounded with people like that, not to mention the beautiful facility you get to spend most of your days in. Prepare to learn all about teaching ESL, learn a few valuable life lessons, and leave a piece of your heart in the beautiful Manuel Antonio

Manuel Antonio

I loved my program in Manuel Antonio. The course was very dense and a lot of work, but I learned so much in only four weeks. My TEFL trainer Audra was a dream and a half and the team even helped me line up a job before I graduated. It is so humid I gotta sweat out all my toxins and then some, but I really enjoyed working with the Maximo Nivel team.

Amazing!

Taking the TEFL course in Manuel Antonio was one of the best decisions I have ever made. The class is a decent amount of work but I learned so much over the course of four weeks and I feel well prepared to teach English to ESL students. The instructor, Audra W. is an amazing teacher and she made every class engaging and fun. I woke up excited to go to class everyday! Every part of this course and living in Costa Rica was a great experience. I strongly recommend getting your TEFL certificate with Maximo Nivel!

Lifechanging and unforgettable experience

Maximo Nivel´s TEFL Certification program has been one of the best experiences of my life. I have learned so much more than I ever thought I was going to learn here. You will absolutely learn the technical aspects of being a great English teacher, but you will also learn what it really means to connect with your students. Our trainer Audra was hands down the best instructor i´ve had. She makes you feel very comfortable, especially if you have no previous teaching experience. I certainly didn´t and now I feel totally prepared to plan a lesson and teach a class. I would absolutely recommend this program to anyone wanting to receive top TEFL training.

Wonderful!

I would highly recommend coming to Manuel Antonio to get a TEFL certification. Audra Wooldridge, the instructor is absolutely wonderful and is always available to help. The course is rigorous and prepares you extremely well for the next phase of English teaching. Manuel Antonio is beautiful and my host family allowed me to practice spanish daily. Highly recommend!

Por Que No?

This was, hands down, the greatest experience of my entire life. The moment that I stepped foot into Cosi, I felt home. I was greeted by the most amazing staff and the family vibe was contagious. Audra is MAGICAL. By far, the best teacher that I have ever had. I looked forward to class everyday and the bond that was formed between our group members is indescribable. My host family took me in and treated me like I was one of their own. Take a leap of faith and head to Manuel Antonio. Not to mention, you literally live in paradise. PURA VIDA MAE!