TEFL Certification in Costa Rica—Teach in Latin America!
MAXIMO NIVEL participants MAXIMO NIVEL participants

TEFL Certification in Costa Rica—Teach in Latin America!

TEFL certification

I took the TEFL Certification program at the Maximo Nivel Manuel Antonio and I am so so so happy with my decision to come here. I learned SO much in four weeks and Audra was an amazing instructor! I am just so impressed with the program, and I feel so prepared to take on the ESL world.

TEFL course with Audra and Laura

Audra and Laura were the best!! Their course was impeccably organized, and they are incredibly fun to have in class. I can't recommend this course enough to anyone. After going through their course, I felt very confident in my ability to teach English.

A personal journey

No matter if you are already a trained teacher or just discovered your inner teacher, allow yourself this 4 week course with Maximo Nivel. It's intense, inspiring and simply fantastic. The staff here in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica are extremely professional an will give you a warm welcome, and help you with everything you need.
Don't miss the opportunity of having Audra Wooldridge as your TEFL trainer and mentor - 4 week with her is an adventure in itself. I would never have thought that English grammar could be so much fun:) She is by far the best teacher I have ever had - thank you for 4 amazing weeks.

Awesome!

I didn't have many expectations coming into this course, but I definitely enjoyed it! It was such an awesome experience and I already feel like I'm a real teacher! I would absolutely recommend, especially here in Manuel Antonio because Audra makes the whole experience 100x better!

• Course Instructor

Learning in Manuel Antonio!

I did not know what to expect when I first signed up for TEFL. I was initially going to take my certification course online but decided to look at options for in person training in a foreign country. Maximo in Manuel Antonio was really great experience. Audra the instructor is excellent and puts so in work! Everyday provides a new set of challenges, all with the view of the ocean off the back terrace. I learned a great deal with people who genuinely cared. Thank you Maximo!

TEFL certification in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica

This was a wonderful TEFL certification course. I had no idea what to expect, but I can tell you that this course was far more engaging and hands-on than most of the courses I ever took at a university. Our teacher Audra was amazing!! She helped make everyone feel comfortable right away and created a great learning environment. You will never have a dull moment with Audra. She also is of course a great teacher, and is always willing to go out of her way to help you with anything you need! You will have many opportunities to observe real classes, and teach your own! You will leave with many new friends from the program, as well as meet wonderful people from the community. I am so happy I chose Maximo Nivel.

My TEFL trip

As someone who didn't learn English as a first language, I have to say that the experience was wonderful. I didn’t come to Costa Rica to enjoy the beaches and warm climate. In fact, I moved here to help my family so when I heard about the TEFL course I had no idea what it actually was. I decided on a whim to do the classes, however I never thought it would be this good. The teacher, Audra, is a wonderful person that not only teaches with enthusiasm but also understands their students. I would recommend this course to anyone that aspires to become an English teacher at some point.

Do it!

From the moment I arrived, everyone at Maximo has made me feel comfortable and welcome. The TEFL course was structured well and I left feeling confident in my abilities as an English teacher. Audra is an incredible instructor! She truly cares about each of her students and is always available for questions and advice. It was worth every penny to have the hands on practical teaching experience no feedback in the beautiful Manuel, Antonio! If you are thinking about TEFL, DO IT!!!!

TEFL/TESOL certification in Manuel Antonio

I had the most incredible experience getting my TEFL/TESOL certificate in Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica at COSI. My school had a warm atmosphere and all of the staff was supportive and kind. My teacher was the most delightful and helpful person, and made the experience that much better. The beach was only a 5 minute bus ride from school, and was a perfect get away whenever I needed it. Although the course moved quickly, I never felt like I didn't have proper guidance. Finding the "balance" of work and life was an additional valuable lesson I learned along the way. I am so grateful to have had this opportunity, and I encourage anyone interested in this journey to use Maximo Nivel!

Maximo Nivel experience!

Job placement was helpful, but generally we were re-directed to organizations that work specifically with job placement - still very helpful! The building has a beautiful view.
Overall, I would not have wanted to go anywhere else but Maximo! Practical teaching week gives you great exposure to real-life teaching preparation. Our instructor was great and took time to help all students individually. Constant feedback was great for self-motivation and general improvement. I would absolutely recommend Maximo to family and friends.

Fun and well done

This course was really well done. It was a perfect blend of fun and hard work. The teacher, Audra Woolridge is a veteran of the industry and has years of experience teaching. Her ability to make teaching fun and inviting was inspiring. The most interesting part of the course was how we were taught. It was the same way we will teach English to new English learners, so it was great to experience that style first hand and see how successful it can be.

Incredible experience!!

Hands down, one of the best experiences I have had. Audra is an AMAZING teacher!! She is so passionate about what she is teaching and it is incredibly contagious. I came into this program with very little confidence in being an English teacher. As I sit here writing this review a month later ... I feel like I am ready to take on the world and pursue a TEFL career with confidence and excitement! I HIGHLY recommend this program if you are looking to be a TEFL teacher. If you are on the fence about it all (like I was when I started), I guarantee you that your mind will change by the time you finish the program. A huge thank you to Audra and Maximo Nivel for a truly unforgettable experience! You guys are AMAZING!

100% worth it

I had just graduated from college in May and knew I wanted to teach English abroad. There were so many programs and places to choose from and I felt overwhelmed, until I got in contact with Maximo Nivel. From the moment I chose this program they have been nothing but wonderful. They responded to my ridiculous email questions that same day, provided me with all the necessary information before I arrived, picked me up from the airport, bought my bus tickets and made sure I was safe at my living destination all before class even started. The month I lived in Costa Rica truly changed my life. I know that people say that all the time, but it really was an experience I will never forget. My teacher, Audra, somehow made hours in the classroom learning about grammar extremely fun, AND I gained the confidence and knowledge to become an English teacher. The skills and strategies that I learned throughout this TEFL course are skills that are going to benefit me professionally as well as personally. It was definitely 110% worth every minute, dollar, and travel minute. If someone were to ask me about teaching abroad, I would recommend Maximo Nivel instantly.

Life changing experience

Audra was amazing throughout our program, and very passionate about her job. She was more than happy to help all of us find jobs at the end of the program. I had a great time during the program and am now good friends with many people I studied with. Would recommend 100%.

• Course Instructor

What are you waiting for?

I can't say enough positive things about Audra and the rest of the Maximo Nivel staff. Even though this course is short and sweet, I feel that I am leaving with the skills to command my own classroom. Audra worked tirelessly to help each student, and provided in-depth feedback in an engaging manner. I recently accepted a teaching job in Latin America thanks to this program! I highly recommend this program to anyone who is considering TEFL!

Life Changing Experience

By far, this was one of the best experiences ever! In just one month, I learned so much about teaching English, how I can help others succeed, how this certificate benefits, and I also learned a ton about myself. Maximo Nivel in Costa Rica was everything I expected and more! It was literally paradise. Audra and Laura are AMAZING! They're always willing to help no matter what. Audra is also such a great trainer! When I first arrived, I was like, "how in the world am I going to learn to teach when I've never taught in my life?" Now, I feel so prepared, it's like I've been doing it for a while. And it was all thanks to Maximo Nivel COSI, Audra, and Laura! Thank y'all so much for changing my life! I definitely recommend this program to anyone. It will be one of the best decisions ever made! =)

TEFL Certification

This course was amazing! Audra & Laura are great teachers, they make learning fun & easy to understand. The course is a little intensive & will keep you busy but it is very rewarding & in a great location! Also the staff at the institute are so helpful and great.

Phenomenal Place, Phenomenal Course

My experience has been incredible and I would absolutely recommend this course and location to anyone who may be interested. Audra is a tremendously gifted educator, and a frankly wonderful human being. I am very well prepared to effectively teach our wonderfully complicated language to anyone who may want to learn it. The course itself is no walk in the park, but the delightful manner in which the material is presented makes four weeks of intense study fly by. Just do it!

I love it!

I will definitely vouch for the fact that class was very fun, and full of content and information. I was able to get up there and teach and the students were really learning! This program will inspire you to push your limits!

Just do it!

One thing this program does not advertise enough is the beautiful scenery around you while you are learning about TEFL. That being said, the quality and content of the class was superb! The instructors do such an amazing job making sure that everyone in their class comes out of this program as the best possible TEFL teacher they can be. 4 weeks is not a long time to learn something, so this course is no walk on the beach (although you will still have time to do this), but they are able to squeeze in the perfect amount of content while you are living in paradise and enjoying it. I highly recommend this course for anyone interested in teaching TEFL.

Great experience and teacher

This course was very in depth, intense, and definitely prepares its students well to able to teach English as a second language! The instructor and staff were always very kind, helpful, and attentive!

• Course Instructor

I'm a TEFLer thanks to Maximo Nivel!

I'm a certified elementary teacher in the United States, so when I tell you that this is the best teacher training EVER I know what I'm talking about. From the incredible host family accommodations Maximo Nivel found for me, to the facility in Manuel Antonio and all of the incredibly helpful, kind people working there; from the Teaching English books and the TEFL Manual, to the dynamic, experienced, talented trainer (shout out to the Amazing Audra!), my experience with Maximo Nivel and their TEFL training program was EXCELLENT!!! If you're looking for a TEFL Certification program, look no more...this is IT!

Awesome!!

I had an amazing experience at Maximo Nivel! I took the native Spanish program and I took the TEFL program with Audra. Audra was an amazing teacher who made the course tons of fun! I'm very glad I chose Maximo Nivel Costa Rica!!

Amazing!

Deciding to get my TEFL certification in Manuel Antonio was one of the best decisions I have had in a while. The program was harder than I expected, but I really enjoyed it regardless. Audra makes learning the content that would normally feel really dry, fun and exciting. We definitely laughed every day in class and had a beautiful teasing view of the ocean. The practical teaching week was the best because we actually got to teach local students and develop relationships. Feedback was given promptly and Laura was great to have as support. If you are looking for a relaxing vacation while getting your TEFL certification, think twice, but it will be a very rewarding experience if you decide to do it. The staff in Manuel Antonio is superb. Everyone was extremely helpful and approachable. If you want to get your TEFL certification while in a beautiful place, I highly recommend this place.
PS: that picture was legit taken from the building you'd be taking classes in.

Pura vida mae

This is no joke! It is a hard class. However, that doesn't mean you can't have a blast! I have learned so much and such a great time. Audra and Laura are great and really care about you. They make what could be a super boring course into a great experience.