Construction Programs—Volunteer in Guatemala!
MAXIMO NIVEL participants MAXIMO NIVEL participants

Construction Programs—Volunteer in Guatemala!

Holiday program during Christmas/ New Years 2016

I had the pleasure of volunteering for two weeks with Maximo Nivel in Antigua, Guatemala. I was enrolled in their holiday program during Christmas/ New Years. During my stay there we worked with children from impoverished areas to help brighten up their holidays. We had a wonderful Christmas fiesta with plenty of games, food and even a piñata. The children especially enjoyed the arts and crafts, jump rope, cards games, twister and soccer game. I even became a doll for several of the young girls as they pretended to put makeup on me and do up my hair, it was adorable!

We also participated in some construction at a health clinic called the Centro the Salud Sumpango. Together volunteers worked enthusiastically help build an additional room and add in a new entrance so patients would no longer have to wait outside in the rain to see a physician. It was quite rewarding seeing everything once it had been completed. The out pour of appreciation was overwhelming.

I also had the opportunity of touring Antigua, Guatemala which was absolutely breathtaking. I climbed the Pacaya volcano, went to Tikal and enjoyed touring several museums and churches throughout Antigua. I even took Spanish classes with Maximo Nivel, which I loved!!
The icing on the cake for me though was the friendly and attentive staff at Maximo Nivel which was a huge relief since I was traveling alone and had never been to Guatemala. The staff was truly, sincere, caring and kind; you simply can’t put a price on that! This was my second time traveling with Maximo Nivel and I‘m sure it won’t be my last.

A special thank you to Collins and Maritza! I showed up in Guatemala with a large number of donated Christmas toys without even warning them and without skipping a bit Maritza organized/ planned and helped me to give out the toys to orphaned boys and girls throughout Guatemala, thank you so much Maritza!! My heart is still overflowing with great memories of joy!

Christina Rodriguez
Christmas & New Years 2016

Guatemala-Summer 2013

An exceptional and unforgettable experience that would not have been possible without the extremely friendly staff at Maximo Nivel and the foreman at the construction site who made the work was never boring and that everybody felt comfortable with their tasks.