Working with Children in Senegal
Love Volunteers participant with two local kids Love Volunteers participant with two local kids

Working with Children in Senegal

" The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others" -Gandhi

One thing I gained from working in Senegal, was happiness! I can't put in words the amount of love and support I received while I was overseas. The people of Senegal made me feel like family. Waking up at 8:00am seemed so easy. The reason why, was because I knew as soon as I reached the school I'd be greeted with smiles and hugs. The children at the school I volunteered at definitely left their mark on my heart. The pictures and stories I shared with others inspired them to look into volunteering. I will volunteer with Love Volunteers again in the future. I've also told many people to volunteered with this organization. If you want to see the world and change the way someone else sees the world. Love volunteers is the way to GO!! What are you waiting for?

• Love Volunteers responded to this review June 19, 2017 at 4:23 PM

Hi Genie,

We can't put into words the joy it gives us to work with volunteers :-)

The mutual rewards that a volunteering placement gives when the volunteer is passionate and caring are huge!

Even though many feel that they aren't able to make much of a difference in a few short weeks you are proof of the hope and joy that each volunteer brings to the lives of these children.

Not forgetting that the volunteer takes that experience home with them to enrich themselves and those around them. That's real change.

Thanks so much for everything you do and we look forward to having you back with us again soon.

The Team @ Love Volunteers