NGO Management Internship
- Marketing, Advertising, & PR
- Sustainable Development
This Program is open to
Cost in USD
Long Way Home charges a program fee in order to cover the cost of hosting volunteers and generate revenue for our projects.
We pride ourselves on providing an extremely cost-effective volunteer experience. There are two reasons for this. For one, we feel that volunteers and interns contribute just by showing up, and we value the opportunity to work with different people who bring various skills sets to our organization and projects. But even more so, we like to think that our internship training program provides a valuable classroom for teaching others the joys and hardships of development work. We hope through our program volunteers will learn how to become leaders and change agents throughout the world.
In order to help volunteers and interns fully immerse themselves into their individual projects, LWH provides every volunteer with a number of services and provisions necessary to living and working with Long Way Home in San Juan Comalapa.
For interns and volunteers the following fees apply:
* USD75 per week or USD 300 per month staying at the volunteer house.
* If you decide to live with a family or stay at Hotel Comalapa Sol, add USD 10 (homestay) or USD 20 (hotel) per week.
This fee includes the total cost for housing, cooking/cleaning supplies, drinking water, firewood, house laundry, internet at the volunteer house and hotel, on-site staff support, training and all project materials. Usually volunteers split the cost of food and it averages about USD 10 per week.
* Experience and/or education in communications, writing, journalism and/or research.
* Interest in collaborating with a nonprofit organization.
* First year college level Spanish or equivalent.
* Some experience in writing grants preferred.
* Interest and enthusiasm about community works and projects.
* Flexibility, patience, and willingness to be proactive.
* Coursework or experience in community development, environmental studies, social work or equivalent preferred.
* Some experience with NGOs preferred.
* Ability to read and write Spanish a plus.
- Online Application