Bachelor of Arts Degree in Global Studies
LIU Global Header Image LIU Global Header Image

Bachelor of Arts Degree in Global Studies

Fantastic Program

I graduated Global College then LIU Global (we were in the middle of the transition while I was in school) in 2015. I found the alternative methodology strengthened my skills in analysis, writing, and research in ways I don't think I would have received in traditional university. It also taught me the skills to critically engage with the world in bottom-up and top-down systems. I would highly recommend this school and would love to talk to anyone who is interested in joining.

In addition, I am currently working as the Student Services and Field Coordinator for the Costa Rica and Australia programs. Through this role I have been involved in the process to review syllabi to create more inclusive curriculum, travel to Heredia, Bocas del Toro, Byron Bay, and Bali while guiding students; and continue to help plan both program and university wide changes that I participated in during my university career.

A Global Experience

LIU Global provides students with a once in a lifetime opportunity to earn a degree, while seeing and interacting with the world. Our highly informed professors combine interesting, applicable classroom material with hands-on, real-world experiences that students will be able to carry into their futures. Whereas most Global Studies programs are stagnant, staying within a single location, Global takes you to live within cultural hubs all across the world over the course of four years. You experience the world. Learning to communicate, listen, understand, and truly become a global citizen.

Adventure of a Lifetime

LIU Global is an amazing program that allows undergraduates the chance to study in a different country every semester for all 4 years. I am lucky enough to be spending a second semester in Costa Rica with LIU Global. My college believes in experiential education and makes it a priority to educate students outside of a traditional classroom. Even though I have only spent one full semester with LIU Global I have already traveled to Nicaragua, volunteered at a dog shelter in the cloud forest, and visited indigenous communities. Each trip or venture allows us to become acquainted with community members who teach us about their community from the local perspective. This semester I have been given the opportunity to interview local NGO's on a weekly basis to further my understanding of nonprofit work. I would not be able to gain such an intimate education in any other college. Not only are the academics amazing, but the community is one of the most positive communities I have had the fortune to join. I am more than excited to be able to travel the world with such an amazing program and more importantly such amazing people! It truly is an incredible program and I encourage everyone to explore LIU Global further!