Teach English in Turkey with LanguageCorps
American, Asian, Australian, Canadian, European, Kiwi, South African and Worldwide Participants.
Cost in USD per week
Contact Provider for Cost Details
- The cost includes all of the above.
- The following are not included:
* Round-trip airfare to host country
* Personal expenses (meals, entertainment, local transport, living expenses, and personal shopping)
* "Upfront" costs following the training period, such as apartment security deposits and first month's rent
* Visa costs and fees
Salary & Compensation
As Istanbul is an ever-growing city with its population increasing around 5 % per annum, the teaching opportunities here are plentiful. There are numerous language schools catering to every level from primary schools to businesses. Most participants have found a teaching position by the end of the four-week TESOL Certification Program, and any graduate should be able to find a niche in Istanbul.
Language Skills Required
The Primary Qualifications for successful LanguageCorps Applicants include:
* Excellent native or native-level English speaking skills
* A valid and current Passport issued in your name. U.S. citizenship is not a strict requirement
* A level of maturity and flexibility to be successful living and teaching abroad.
* A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university is required for some programs.
LanguageCorps Teacher Profile
From our experience, we know that these are key factors that will make your overseas teaching adventure enjoyable and rewarding for you, and valuable for your students!
* You have a genuine interest in living and working in a different country and culture than your own
* You have the flexibility to adapt to new surroundings and new ways of doing things
* You are comfortable being the center of attention and curiosity
* You are a self-reliant, outgoing, charismatic person, who will be able to engage a classroom of eager students, and who enjoys interacting with new people
LanguageCorps teachers see themselves as true "global citizens". They are comfortable with, and excited about genuine intercultural exchange. They embrace opportunities to share their own culture with others, and to immerse themselves into new and different worlds.
- Online Application
- Phone/Video Interview
- Written Application