Teach English in Russia with LanguageCorps
American, Asian, Australian, Canadian, European, Kiwi, South African and Worldwide Participants.
Cost in USD per week
Contact Provider for Cost Details
- The cost includes all of the above.
- The following are not included:
* Round-trip airfare to host country
* Personal expenses (meals, entertainment, local transport, living expenses, and personal shopping)
* "Upfront" costs following the training period, such as apartment security deposits and first month's rent
* Visa costs and fees
Salary & Compensation
The demand for English is enormous as Russians appreciate the value of learning the international language of business and commerce. Since there are many openings in St. Petersburg for newly qualified teachers, most participants have secured teaching positions before the end of the four-week program. Salaries are typically equivalent to US$600-800 per month, which is sufficient to live on and usually offers the chance to save a bit. The length of contracts can be flexible and typically is for 3-12 months. Some contracts include flight reimbursement and free accommodations.
Language Skills Required
The Primary Qualifications for successful LanguageCorps Applicants include:
* Excellent native or native-level English speaking skills
* A valid and current Passport issued in your name. U.S. citizenship is not a strict requirement
* A level of maturity and flexibility to be successful living and teaching abroad.
* A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university is required for some programs.
LanguageCorps Teacher Profile
From our experience, we know that these are key factors that will make your overseas teaching adventure enjoyable and rewarding for you, and valuable for your students!
* You have a genuine interest in living and working in a different country and culture than your own
* You have the flexibility to adapt to new surroundings and new ways of doing things
* You are comfortable being the center of attention and curiosity
* You are a self-reliant, outgoing, charismatic person, who will be able to engage a classroom of eager students, and who enjoys interacting with new people
LanguageCorps teachers see themselves as true "global citizens". They are comfortable with, and excited about genuine intercultural exchange. They embrace opportunities to share their own culture with others, and to immerse themselves into new and different worlds.
- Online Application
- Phone/Video Interview
- Written Application