KEI Abroad in Pune, India
Knowledge Exchange Institute (KEI) participants Knowledge Exchange Institute (KEI) participants

KEI Abroad in Pune, India

The experience of a lifetime

Studying abroad in India was one of the greatest decisions I’ve ever made. I learned so much both inside and outside of the classroom. While at Symbiosis University, I took Religion and Rebellion, Development Economics, Hindi (language), and Contemporary India (history). My favorite parts from the classroom experience were the unique personalities of the students and professors, as well as the implementation of the Indian culture into each lesson. One example of a unique personality was my professor who did not own a cell phone or a watch, so he would check the position of the sun in the sky to determine the time. Outside of the classroom I had the pleasure of talking with people about their life experiences, religious beliefs, and cultural history. I also had an opportunity to travel extensively throughout the subcontinent on the weekends. Overall, my experience challenged me to get out of my comfort zone and become more independent.