KEI Abroad in London, England
Knowledge Exchange Institute (KEI) participants Knowledge Exchange Institute (KEI) participants

KEI Abroad in London, England

A few things about London

When looking into studying abroad, I was reluctant to give London a chance because I wanted to go somewhere not everyone else goes when they study abroad. However, I decided to be open minded and look into the program. When I did, I was surprised to see the pros of going to London over the other locations I was considering. Socially, culturally, and academically, it excelled my initial judgement and I decided to reconsider London as a serious option. I am so glad I finally decided to go to London because it offered everything I needed and more. I was able to take classes I needed while being able to be centrally located and get a feel for the city I was living in. I received a well-rounded experience abroad and if I had to do it again, I would never even consider anywhere else except London.

My second home

I spent a semester in London, and have fallen in love with the city. This program is the perfect program for anyone deciding to study abroad! After extensive research, I found KEI to be the best program for me. The price of this program was much lower than most other programs, and the staff made sure to accommodate for my financial aid.

London South Bank University was the perfect University for me. It was a smaller Uni than what I expected, but the small class sizes made it a lot easier to connect with other students, and the lecturers. The staff was extremely helpful, and made sure I was able to keep up in all my courses. I never felt overwhelmed by the workload either, which is a miracle as a college student.

The apartments were about a 10 minute walk away from the University, a 10 minute walk from the famous Borough Market, and about a 15-20 minute walk away from the iconic Tower Bridge. I got to meet students from around the world, and even made a few lifelong friends. The rooms were the perfect size, and I even had my own bathroom. The 24/7 security guard made sure we felt safe at all times.

Within a week, my friends and I had mastered the tube, and bus system. I loved getting into all the museums free, and experiencing the culture. There was never a dull moment, and I learned a lot about myself, and what's it's like to live abroad.

London Calling

Amazing program. The entire KEI staff was so helpful, but still encouraged those in the program to be almost completely independent. The on-site director, Susannah, provided insight into London/England history and led us on several excursions within the UK. I really couldn't imagine a semester in London without her.

Taking classes at LSBU was completely immersive, so I was able to take an array of subjects with current LSBU students and learn as they learned. I believe this is was separates KEI from other programs. I studied abroad to study with students abroad, and that is exactly what I was able to do. I took a British politics class that was INCREDIBLY interesting because I was able to see how the Brits view history. It was eye opening how differently subjects are taught!

Our housing was located in the center of London. It was a 5 minute walk to campus, 10 minute walk to Borough Market and Tower Bridge, and Tube stop away from Big Ben and Westminster. There wasn't a better, more centrally located place to live in London.

KEI's program in London allowed me complete cultural immersion and independence to create my own experience. I would recommend this program to anyone and everyone!!!

I can't wait to go back to England!

KEI was amazing in helping me through my entire study abroad experience. From beginning to end there was always someone there to help me with what ever I needed. They were also very accommodating to my timeline and payment issues. Susannah was the best tour guide I could have asked for and she was just super nice, fun and helpful the entire time I was in England. The accommodation was awesome, I had my own bedroom and bathroom which was great and I lived just a 5 min walk to school. KEI did everything great and the only complaint I have is something KEI can not really do much about because it is about the school. I wasn't so prepared for how different my classes were going to be in England from the US. I had a lot of trouble with the organization of LSBU because they didn't seem to have any but after a few head aches, in the end I passed all my classes and had a blast in the process. Thank you KEI!