King's College London Header Image King's College London Header Image

King's College London - Study Abroad Program

2016/2017 academic year study abroad

I was quite nervous when I first arrived in England because I had never been out of my home country before, not to mention by myself. Everything seemed confusing and scary, but I expected someone to tell me how I should best go about living in this new place called London. However, that never really came. My study abroad experience has involved a lot of figuring things out on my own, and eventually asking for help when I need it - and for that I am grateful. There is no right way to study abroad, it's something you have to figure out for yourself. King's has offered me a support system to fall back on if needed, but has encouraged my independence as well as exploration of my new surroundings. At times it all this independence seems a little daunting, and I have made my fair share of mistakes, but King's makes sure that you are never really alone. In terms of the academics, it is quite different than I am used to, but I like the freedom given in some of the courses to pursue subjects that interest me personally. If nothing else, by trying out a different academic system, I am better able to see the things I like and dislike about the system I am used to. There are also so many different ideas that are presented in class because the people are different and have a completely different background than myself.

King's College London has a good program in a great location.

London was a wonderful city to study in 2008! I was studying history in a city full of history, which made it come alive. I think it was a good problem though it did have some administrative issues - not enough collaboration between King's College and GWU. Such a great experience overall though! Travel around Europe while you're there!

great location, mediocre classes

The classes were good, not fantastic. But the location and vacation time (and ample free time) meant getting to see LOTS of London. I absolutely recommend it.

Excellent abroad experience

King's College War Studies department was an excellent study abroad experience. The campus on the Thames is ideal with its central London location.

The curriculum is varied and challenging, with accomplished faculty teaching most classes.

Housing through the college is poor, but intercollegiate housing is great if you can get it!