Teaching on Zanzibar
KHAYA Volunteer Projects Header Image KHAYA Volunteer Projects Header Image

Teaching on Zanzibar

Zanzibar is wonderful

So i woke up in the morning and prepared myself for school. I often translated some vocabularies in swahili. Sometimes i just spent time with my host family. We went with the public transport to school called dala dala. It is wondrous how many people can take place in it. At school i was teaching and in the breaks spending time with the teachers and the students. After school me and Celine often went to Stonetown to buy some stuff or we just went to the beach to relax.When we arrived home we played some games with our host children. It was really amazing to spend time with the children, they make you so happy.
Our hostfather always kept us on the hop. Every weekend he planed an excursions for us. With a boat we went to Prison Island to see the famous Zanzibar Turtles and the beautiful beach. We drove to Kizimkazi to swim with dolphins and two times we were snorkeling. Zanzibar is very famous for its spices so we also made a spice tour. Furthermore we went to a very beautiful beach called Nungwi in north of Zanzibar. We often visited a famous Music Band in Zanzibar called Coconut Band. They had their performances in different bars and hotels and they sang very nice multicultural songs.
There are a lot of things we did like going to night market or Stonetown with our host family. I never got bored because there was always something to do and to explore.