Missionvale Medical
KHAYA Volunteer Projects Header Image KHAYA Volunteer Projects Header Image

Missionvale Medical

PE medical adventure

The best experience with this program was working alongside the staff at missionvale, especially sister Annie in the medical clinic, to serve the community. Sister Annie was an amazing teacher, taught us so many valuable medical skills that allowed us to help those in need of medical attention. The people at missionvale were incredibly warm, welcoming and friendly, i cannot thank them enough.

Missionvale provided a good combination of activities

I really enjoyed the combination of the community projects and the medical possibilities for me as a nursing student. The last day was the worst; saying goodbye is not easy when you go through so much with other people. I learned to appreciate more what I have and that you can be happy with little.

Missionvale and the staff there are amazing and you can really make a difference.

Hailey's missionvale medical experience

I loved working in the medical clinic at missionvale. Sister Annie and the doctors were very welcoming and taught us so much. I really feel as if i gained invaluable hands on experience and got to know some of missionvale's community members. Overall, this was an experience i will never forget.

Nursing to the Max

I have learned so much more about nursing and how to deal with patients. I have gained some practical experience which I feel is necessary in a foreign country especially South Africa being the wonderful place that it is.

Helping in the clinic of Missionvale

Missionvale Medical was exactly what I was looking for. Being able to choose where my help is needed most and help at different places. I am a medical student, with my expertise I could really help them and get some medical experience as well! Missionvale and the people they are amazing and you can really help them!

Seeing South Africa from a different perspective

The best thing about my stay with Missionvale as a medical student was definitely the different people I met and being exposed to such a different way of life and medical treatments.

They have a structured set up with a clinic and home based care patients that need visiting in the township, so it is quite different from working in a hospital but I felt I could learn while contributing.

There are needs at this project that would be great for medical students or qualified staff as they have so many patients but can not treat them all on the days that the clinic is available as they only have a retired doctor helping out.