Missionvale Care Center
KHAYA Volunteer Projects Header Image KHAYA Volunteer Projects Header Image

Missionvale Care Center

Fantastic experience

The best experience for me was the volunteer work itself. It was so interesting to see and learn how the people in the township live their everyday life. I really enjoyed my stay and the people in the project as well as in the volunteer house. Everyone was so kind and welcoming.

An insight into South African culture & life

Through working in Missionvale we were fortunate to get the opportunity to experience the living conditions of the locals homes. This was a real eye opener, one which I never could have imagined. The Khaya organisation have been so supportive, feels like home to us now. From the first moment we arrived we were welcomed with open arms by the staff and fellow volunteers and it only got better from there. An amazing experience.

Awesome experience

I worked in Missionvale for 3 weeks and it was a really open-minding and informative experience. The project has an amazing friendly vibe and a lovely atmosphere. I felt very welcomed all the time. I also really enjoyed our weekend trip to Addo Elephant Park and the lovely city tour with Sam.

An amazing South African experience :)

Our volunteer project - Missionvale was one to remember. It was an amazing experience to work with the people at Missionvale. I also enjoyed the weekend outings to Addo Elephant National Park our our Farewell Braii at the end of our stay with our House Mates and Sam. Everyone at Khaya is very welcoming and accommodating.

Incredibly fun

My stay at the Missionvale Care Center was amazing. There are so many things to do and it was a great experience for our family. I really liked the beetroot picking in the garden. We also got to visit other projects and I especially liked the Izizwe project.

Volunteering adventure

I really enjoyed the stay at the Missionvale Care Center. I volunteered with my family and it was a very nice overall experience for all of us. Especially I really liked working in the craft center and help the people beading the jewellery.

Loved it!

I really loved my stay at Missionvale Care Center and I liked to experience life at the project. I also really enjoyed the life at the volunteer house. It was great to meet other volunteers from all over the world and in addition to that I loved the vegetarian food. I volunteered with my kids and that was very granding.

Grateful experience

I really enjoyed my time at the Missionvale Project. The people working there were amazing and very welcoming. It was nice to help the people in all the different section of the Missionvale Project and make a difference in their lives.

Going out of the comfort zone

Khaya has amazing staff. I enjoyed working at the township. i loved the African culture. The Friday outings were awesome. the city tour was great. i have met alot of amazing people. enjoyed the braais we had. And the father Christmas at the missionvale care center was great to see.

Missionvale CC is great

I learnt so much from the missionvale community and staff. As a future nurse i value the experience ive gathered at the clinic so much. Sister Annie at the clinic has done such a great job at making me feel welcomed and appreciated.

Making a change and travel

In massionvale the people are wonderful and did let us see and experience more than just the care centre. i have had a great time throughout the whole experience there. People made me feel important and welcomed in the community.

Big

To go with the care givers in the township and the holiday program with all the amazing kids. i really had an amazing time with the volunteers. i met alot of new people and experienced a new way of life. it was fun.

This is Africa

I really enjoyed playing sports with the kids. I enjoyed spending time with the people at the house in Marshall. Living in South Africa has given me a different perspective on life and it has made me see how great full i should be for everything i have.

A life changing experience

Meeting new people from Khaya, the volunteers and the staff as well as the people in the community was really good. Creating life long memories was the best and the people were all so great. Everything was amazing and i really enjoyed it.

Excellent experience in South Africa

Everything is just perfect here even if i just stayed here for two weeks. I really enjoyed myself in my volunteer projects and learned something more about this world. I'm really happy that i could help people in the township. The Marshall family is just wonderful! I really appreciate everyone of them, including Sam Nina and Jack that gave me a warm home like feeling.

Every little thing helps

Being able to make everyday count and seeing how happy i can make people at my project. Every small thing counts whether it is a smile or a hug from me to the little one or from them to me. I enjoyed working with the people at the center and really had a good time.

An enriching adventure

The staff at missionvale as well as at khaya were very friendly and welcoming. The friends i made with the volunteers, the people i met at the projects, the south african cultures i learned was so good to me. i also really enjoyed the cooking.

Be the change you want to see in the world!

Getting to know missionvale and the people there was amazing, helping out in the different units and learning more about their work, life and culture. Coming back here for 5 weeks was the best decision ever and i will definitely come back for sure.

Amazing

Interaction with the locals and the lovely volunteers, Samantha who organised everything really good and the lovely bus trips with Xolani. I enjoyed my stay and would definitely do it again. Weekend excursions was also great.

Nice time

It was a really a good experience for me working with the kids in missionvale, going to the community and talking with the local people. I enjoyed spending time at the volunteer house with the rest of the volunteers who were very nice.

Out of the comfort zone, into the adventure :-)

I really had a great time helping out in the nutrition unit of missionvale, playing with the children was a joy, talking to the locals and meeting new people all over world. I enjoyed my stay and would definitely do it again.

Adventurous :-)

I really enjoyed my stay, it was good assisting at the missionvale care center, making a difference for the kids. Meeting so many different people from all over the world has changed the way I perceive life and this was definitely a memorable experience for me.

Nursing to the max!

Everyday was a learning experience as I acquired new skills and knowledge in my field. It was good to actually get the practical experience which has assisted me in many ways. My stay was short but rewarding.

Important things of the life

I met happy people, even though they were poor, they were smiling. The time spent at the project has been rewarding and sad at the same time. I feel that this has been an opportunity of self discovery and can change life.

An experience full of sun and love

At first I was a bit lost at the project but as time progressed I begin to find my way as I had to arrange my own work week. Also, I met so many inspiring people at the Missionvale Care Center that I became to love more than I could ever imagine. Travelling all by yourself seems to make you even more open for all the love people can give.