Izizwe Township Projects
KHAYA Volunteer Projects Header Image KHAYA Volunteer Projects Header Image

Izizwe Township Projects

Working with the little ones

My absolute favorite part of the Izizwe projects was teaching the little ones to brush their teeth. Teaching them the ABC, colors and basic English was also loads of fun. Seeing the great work that Izizwe does in the township is amazing

Serving the children

I really enjoyed the fact that I was able to serve so many children in many different ways. Every day I was amazed to see the joy in the faces of the kids when you walk in the classroom. It was a great time and I loved the work and especially the leadership team of Izizwe

Heart-warming & a sense of fulfilment - we can change the world

It is very hard to pick the best experience. Seeing the smiling faces & the excitement on the children's faces when we arrived at their creches was great for me. I have never seen such loving happy people in my life and it was so heart-warming especially that they were so happy and many of them had nothing.

Just amazing!

I really enjoyed my stay with Khaya Volunteer Projects in Port Elizabeth. I liked my work at the Izizwe Project and I loves playing with the kids.
I also really enjoyed my stay in the house. I met a lot of different people from different parts of the world.
All in all it was a really amazing experience and the people here are super nice.

Aramsamsam

I can't decide for one special experience which was best for me because it was a process. The kids in the pre-school started recognizing me and were happy about seeing me every morning. I introduced a lot of games and songs to the kids. One morning, when I came into the class they welcomed me with on of the songs (Aramsamsam). The joy in their eyes and the smiles were precious moments. And I think and hope that they will remember me through these games. I am very glad that I have done this adventure and got the opportunity to experience the living and working in South Africa.

Happiness everywhere

I really liked working with the children. Even if they might in hard conditions, there are always smiling and full of energy. The warmth and appreciation you get from the people is amazing. I really enjoyed my time in Port Elizabeth.

Great South African experience

During my time at the Izizwe Sports Project in Port Elizabeth, South Africa, I really liked to work with the children and teach them different sports. The kids really enjoyed our sport lessons and I liked to see them smile. I also liked to live in a house with people from all over the world.

One love

Being with the kids in the township and to see that a child needs love and fun. Enjoyed my stay in Port Elizabeth and would really like to experience this again. The children were really happy with me being around and i felt like i made a difference.

Good living, good friends, good time = best happiness

To give kids an awesome time having fun, playing around and see smaller and bigger improvements for the township community. my time in South Africa was really special with all the great people that i have met and i also made so many new life long friends.

Good

I really had a great time in South Africa. i enjoyed spending time with the kids, had plenty of fun with the other volunteers and the volunteer house. Met amazing people and new friends. It was an amazing experience.

Love, joy, happiness

Working with the children in the township! Holiday program was also a great experience, because we saw how much they enjoyed it. It was an awesome experience meeting new people and making new friends.

Amazing experience that I never forget

Discover the country and the culture. Travelling over weekends was great. It is really cool to be apart of the life that people live in. Meeting new people and making new friends was really an awesome experience and would do it again.

Amazing, exciting and impressive

I learned alot about the culture in the township. It was special to experience their lifestyle from this close and it was amazing to work with the Izizwe team to help to improve the situation where the people live in. South Africa is an amazing and beautiful country. I am grateful that i had the opportunity to come here.

Eye opening and fulfilling

The Adult and child literacy was a great experience. It was eye opening to see how much education is needed and wanted for people of all ages. Was amazing to be able to help them even though it was only for a short while.

An amazing and impressive journey

I have learned a lot from the African dance style of Florence. I felt really welcome by everyone. I felt safe and all those people made me feel really happy. If i could have stayed longer i would but even though it was a short time i really had fun.

Heart warming and eye opening

Meeting the children and adults in the township and seeing how the work being done is helping them first hand. I enjoyed my stay and wish i could have stayed for longer. Even though it was short it was still very worth it.

Development aid in education for locals in PE, South Africa

There was no one experience which was the best but overall the entire experience was amazing. Working with the adults, children and the locals was really cool. Living in the multicultural house was also great with lots of different and nice people.

Being the change

Spending time with the kiddies and community members. Being able to enjoy the beach and the company at the house. Making a difference to a community in need. i would have enjoyed to spend more time volunteering.

Many languages - common goal

I enjoyed the garden day and taking the kids to the park. It was fun to meet so many new people from so many countries and stay in the same house with them. I would really have loved to spend more time volunteering with the children.

Special time in PE

Meeting so much new people was really a joy but also seeing how people live in the township and how happy the children are when they see you. it was an amazing experience and would have really loved to spend more time with the kids in the township.

Perspective-giving experience

I enjoyed the everyday interaction with the locals and being able to make an impact in the lives of others. i enjoyed my stay at the volunteer house with so many new people to meet and spend time with. It was an awesome experience.

Dancing and Izizwe

I really enjoyed my stay in Port Elizabeth South Africa. The people at the volunteer house were friendly and we had fun together. Being apart of the dance group and performing with them was a great experience and i really enjoyed it.

Best two weeks ever

Working with the kids during the Izizwe Holiday Program was incredible. It felt so important to be apart of such an essential program to help educate and better the lives of others. It was an incredible experience and i would definitely do it again.

2 Weeks of bliss

Helping at the holiday program was a great experience and i enjoyed every moment of it. My time spent at the project has taught me a lot about the community and its culture. The kids were absolutely amazing and they loved us.

Life changing

Helping all the children during the holiday program was so rewarding to see them all have such a good time. I really enjoyed my stay especially meeting all the other volunteers and spending time with them as we are all here for the same purpose.