Ecuador: Galapagos Islands, San Cristobal
- Biological Research
- Marine Conservation
2-4 Weeks, 5-8 Weeks, 9-12 Weeks
Please visit the website for more details.
This Program is open to
Cost in USD
Please visit the website for information.
* Accommodation: Shared room in a volunteer house / camping during excursions
* Stay in a hostel in Quito, including breakfast
* Stipend of 2 meals per day during your project placement
* Airport pick up and drop off in Quito
* Drinking water in the volunteer house
* Transfer to Pacific Coast
* Training: Pre-departure pack, on-site orientation in Quito on Saturday and project induction included
* Local SIM card and phone: All volunteers are given a local SIM card to use and a mobile phone
(deposit $50 required and must be retuned when you leave)
* Support: 24-hour support
* Excursions planning: Staff will help plan activities and excursions (some activities may cost extra)
- Guest House
Experience RequiredYes. Your role will depend on your skills and experience. Specific knowledge required is: * Investigation Assistant Volunteer - marine biology/sciences education, statistical analysis experience * Environmental Education Volunteer - work with children, participation in environmental campaigns * General Volunteer - interest in environmental conservation, willingness to learn All volunteers will need to be fit enough to work in the water, able to cope with patrolling beaches day and night, have an interest in the environment, be enthusiastic, willing to learn and work with others. Volunteers must be able to speak Spanish.
- Online Application