China: Beijing, Shanghai
- Social Sciences
- Childcare & Children
- Community Centers
- Community Development
- Economic Development
- Gender Issues
- Grassroots Organization
- Small Business Development
9-12 Weeks, 5-8 Weeks
This Program is open to
Cost in USD
• Accommodation: Own room in a shared apartment with cooking facilities or nearby eateries, utility bills are included.
• Airport pick up from Beijing OR Shanghai International Airport
• Training: Pre-departure information pack, onsite orientation, city tour and welcome dinner provided
• Chinese phone, SIM card & local transportation card
• Support: 24-hour support
• Assistance with trips and cultural activities
• End of placement certificate and reference letter
• Networking and alumni contacts
Experience RequiredYes. Interns with a marketing, training or community development background will be more attractive to NGOs. All applicants should have a good attitude, open mind and willingness to learn. Experience of international travel is preferred as you will be immersed in the working and social world of a different culture. Having a basic awareness of Mandarin will be an advantage and lessons can be arranged. Appearance is important in the working environment in China. These placements are for those seeking to develop professionally rather just for those looking for general travel experience. All applicants will be expected to complete and submit paperwork in line with a tight schedule and the application process includes a Skype interview as well as submission of a full CV/Resume plus any supporting documentation. Interns should be in good health and are required to complete a Physical Examination Record for Foreigners.
Experience and passion for working in the community and interacting with the people are needed. Participants must also possess enthusiasm and a willingness to learn about the environment and the place's culture.
- Online Application