- Health Care
2-4 Weeks, 5-8 Weeks, 9-12 Weeks
Please visit website for details.
This Program is open to
Cost in USD
* Accommodation: 1st week shared room in a volunteer house, 2nd week in a shared room in the house of a local family
* Food: 2 meals per day during first week stay in Kathmandu
* Airport Pick up and drop off
* Training: Pre-departure pack, on-site orientation and project induction provided
* Support: 24-hour support
* Excursion planning: Staff will help organise trips and activities in your spare time (activities may cost extra)
- Group living
- Guest House
Experience RequiredYes. Volunteers must be in their 4th year of study a course in the medical or health-care field. You must be willing to learn and help where needed in the clinic as part of a team. This placement is not suitable for pre-med or skilled medical professionals. You will be required to submit a full CV/resume detailing your experience. Transcripts from your university/college will also be required so that your level of experience and knowledge can be determined. While you are welcome to join us as a volunteer, be aware that you will be unable to treat or be involved in patient care to the same extent as you would be back home.
Experience and passion for working in the community and interacting with the people are needed. Participants must also possess enthusiasm and a willingness to learn about the environment and the place's culture.
- Online Application