Business Internship in Panama
kids hiking in panama kids hiking in panama

Business Internship in Panama

Business and entrepreneur intern

During my time in KY I was able to develop a full and operating business model. I was able to partner up with an intern in the Community Well-ness Program and develop a health and wellness Spa. It was difficult developing this business due to the location, the jungle. However, this made the experience more rich and rewarding. We were challenged to think outside the box and find a solution to a problem we could identify. We had the support of an amazing director who was also the director for the business incubator. She had so much knowledge and offered so much support. Thanks to her and everyone in the community were able to establish our vision. From writing up a business plan to making high profits, I left Kalu Yala (KY) as a cofounder of a business. I don't think anyone can get this opportunity and support anywhere else. Apart from this I also had the opportunity to strengthen my skills by providing consulting services to a local farm to table restaurant. Furthermore, I had the opportunity to work with my fellow program colleagues to revamp the local tienda and increase it's profits by more than 60%. From working in a team to working independently, you can find all the experiences to be a successful business person here in KY.