Organic farming in Canoa via INTVS/ from 170US$
- Biological Research
- Organic Farming
2-4 Weeks, 3-6 Months, 5-8 Weeks, 1-2 Years, 7-12 Months, 9-12 Weeks, Alternative Spring Break, Multiple Year, Summer
This Program is open to
Cost in USD
Program fee starts at 19 USD per day. Please contact us to get information on all program fees.
* Airport Pickup
* Accommodation (Food and lodging) at the local NGO dormitory
* 1 to 2-Day Orientation
* Presentation of aims and structure of the local NGO
* Short introduction to Vietnam and the local area
* Practical information and arrangements
* 1-2 hours of basic Vietnamese (& possibly a chance to practice with a local volunteer)
* Sightseeing and exposure tour in Hanoi
* Visit to Host Placement(s) primarily with a program director.
* 1- day Mid-term Evaluation (for those who stay for 6 months and over)
* 1- day Final Evaluation
* On-going support and supervision during the program
* Local transportation to the volunteer site
INTVS charges its own fee of 185€ regardless of the time that a volunteer stays abroad. This covers:
* Volunteer support prior to, during, and after the volunteer experience (in English, French & Spanish)
* All necessary preparatory information including;
* Travel/Medical Insurance
* Police Check form
* The program (the site, schedule, role…)
* Local contacts & important numbers
* History, demographics & local norms
* What to bring
* Do’s and don’ts
* Work and travel costs that INTVS staff incur to check up on and document the programs on a regular basis
Salary & Compensation
All volunteers of this program are provided a monthly mini grant worth 75 U.S$, which they can spend on a project of their choice.
- Minimum 18 years old
- Some knowledge of Spanish is very handy, but not necessary as the farm owners speak English. The other employees that you would have to work with however do not.
- Deep interest for permaculture / agroecology
- Skills or interest in the following: English teaching, ecotourism, marketing and communications, art and crafts, social media, alternative energy, public relations and hospitality, cooking, media, or computers.
- Patient, tolerant and hardworking, enthusiastic, and must have the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- In-Person Interview when Feasible
- Online Application
- Phone/Video Interview