TEFL Course in Granada, Nicaragua. 20% off - Save $360
Intesol Nicaragua  Header Image Intesol Nicaragua  Header Image

TEFL Course in Granada, Nicaragua. 20% off - Save $360

Travel with purpose

Since graduating from my university in May 2016, I've made it my mission to spend time traveling around the world and doing so in a socially impactful way. I decided the best way to do this was by obtaining a tefl certification. INTESOL Nicaragua is helping me achieve my goals.

Granada is a beautiful city with colonial architecture, mountain views, and a friendly population. I stayed with a local family organized through Intesol's homestay option. I couldn't have made a better choice. The family was supportive, accommodating, and committed to making my experience worthwhile.

The course itself is well organized and designed to maximize teaching practice time. The teaching practice was the best part of the experience as it allowed me to identify my unique teaching style and interact with a wide range of age groups and english skill levels. I now feel prepared to teach english abroad mostly thanks to Intesol's hands-on approach to tefl certification.

I recommend this course to anyone looking for a unique travel experience in a culturally rich and relatively undiscovered part of the world. Intesol will provide the tools you need to be an effective teacher and inspire you to travel with purpose.

Thorough and engaging TEFL certification

In my last year of college I began looking for an affordable TEFL certification program that would help me with my hopes of teaching abroad. After lots of searching, I signed up for INTESOL Nicaragua, a fairly priced and engaging TEFL certification in Granada, Nicaragua, a colorful, warm, and hospitable city. The course was as demanding as any upper-level university course, but deeply rewarding as the teaching practices provided my classmates and I the opportunity to connect with local students and help with their English language learning. The weekend excursions with Paul were a big plus and, although it may not seem like a luxury yet, the air conditioned classroom was phenomenal! Also, if you are looking for true cultural engagement and want to develop friendships with locals, consider the homestay option! If you are looking to get a teaching certification in an inexpensive, vibrant, and hospitable country, consider getting your TEFL in Nicaragua with INTESOL.

• Course Instructor

Demanding but brilliantly rewarding TEFL course

I found this TEFL course a real challenge - each day was full from about 8.30am to 5pm. We had homework and prep to do each evening as well. But, even though it was a tough few weeks, I really enjoyed it and was so pleased to pass the course and gain my TEFL qualification. I stayed in a great hostel near the centre of Granada - it was the perfect location for going out on the Calzada (the main street for bars and restaurants) on the weekends. My tutor, Paul, was always happy to help and give advice when I was completing the assignments and he gave really useful feedback after each teaching practice. He also gave me some really good tips and advice on finding a teaching job after I passed the course.

Affordable and hands-on TEFL certification

Paul runs this certification program out of a beautiful colonial building that serves as both a school and living quarters for the English teachers on staff. You will find the open air courtyards, the cleanliness, the filtered water, and the peaceful energy while working around the long communal tables a lovely environment during the long days of study. Paul was helpful and straightforward in his communication both via email and over the phone. His commitment to his staff, his TEFL students, and the students who take weekly English classes is obvious. He is available non-stop to answer questions and guide your lesson planning. He always keeps a sense of humor and maintains limitless patience with even the most challenging students. The best part of the course is being able to teach real students from the community starting on week 2. The students are warm and show up with genuine desire to learn. They are accustomed to being taught by different foreigners on a regular basis and will be an appreciative and patient audience for you. I highly recommend getting TEFL certified at Paul's school in Granada. The program is rigorous and challenging no matter where you obtain it; why not do it in a supportive environment at an affordable cost?