Women's Empowerment Programs - Ghana
- Human Rights
- Women's Studies
- Community Centers
- Computer Training
- Economic Development
- English Teaching
- Gender Issues
- Human Rights
- Small Business Development
- Social Work
5-8 Weeks, 9-12 Weeks, 3-6 Months
Throughout the year
Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Families and Couples.
Cost in USD per week
Prices vary by duration. Please contact us!
* Pre-departure Support: International Volunteers staff is very knowledgeable and happy to help participants prepare for their travels.
* Airport Pickup: Volunteers are met at the airport in Accra and provided with transportation to the hostel they stay at during the orientation.
* In-country Orientation: Each volunteer program starts with a four day orientation in Accra which covers important topics on the logistics of living and working in Ghana; a historical overview and introduction to Ghanaian culture; cultural classes including dancing, drumming and cooking; and visits to landmarks such as Nkrumah Masoleum, the National Cultural Center, and the beach.
* In-country Staff Support: Our partner organization in Ghana has years of experience working with visitors to Ghana. The coordinators are very resourceful and on call 24/7 in case of emergency. Volunteers will also meet a network of English speaking Ghanaians through their host families and placements.
* Accommodations: Volunteers will stay with a local host family where they will be provided with a room and breakfast and dinner each day. By living with a family, volunteers will learn about the day to day rhythms of Ghanaian life first hand as well as sample traditional meals not usually available in restaurants. Placements are throughout Ghana, often in places well off the beaten track.
Depending on their experience and education level, volunteers can assist with day-to-day activities and chores or help with planning and implementing programs.
- Letters of Reference
- Online Application
- Written Application