Conservation in Ecuador
Ecuador: Mindo, Puerto Lopez and 2 other cities
- Animal Welfare
- Biological Research
- Community Development
- Economic Development
- Grassroots Organization
- Human Rights
- Marine Conservation
- Public Health
- Small Business Development
- Trail Building
- Tree Planting
5-8 Weeks, 9-12 Weeks, 3-6 Months
Throughout the year
Cost in USD per week
Costs vary. Please contact us for details
* Pre-departure Support: International Volunteers staff is very knowledgeable and happy to help volunteers and interns to prepare for their travels.
* Airport Pickup: Volunteers are met at the airport in Quito and provided with transportation to their host family.
* In-country Orientation: Each volunteer program starts with a two to three day orientation which covers important topics on the logistics of living and working in Ecuador, city tours, help with transportation, and optional Spanish classes
* In-country Staff Support: Our Ecuador coordinator has years of experience working with visitors to Ecuador. She is very resourceful and on call 24/7 in case of emergency.
* Accommodations: Volunteers will stay with a local host family where they will be provided with a room and breakfast and dinner each day. By living with a family, volunteers will learn about the day to day rhythms of Ecuadorian life first hand as well as sample traditional meals not usually available in restaurants. Host families are eager to welcome volunteers and are a fantastic resource for learning about the local culture and sights.
- Group living
Participants in this program need to be ready for basic conditions which may include camping for a week or two at a time. Also, keep in mind that conservation projects are in less developed rural areas where there may not be reliable services such as electricity.
- Online Application
- Written Application