Conservation and Environmental Volunteer Projects in Costa Rica
- Animal Welfare
- Biological Research
- Marine Conservation
- Tree Planting
1-2 Weeks, 2-4 Weeks, 5-8 Weeks
Throughout the year
Cost in USD per week
Contact Provider for Cost Details
* Pre-departure Support: International Volunteers staff is very knowledgeable and happy to help volunteers to prepare for their travels.
* Airport Pickup: Volunteers are met at the airport in San Jose and provided with transportation to their host family.
* In-country Orientation: Each volunteer program starts with a two to three day orientation which covers important topics on the logistics of living and working in Costa Rica.
* In-country Staff Support: International Volunteers Costa Rica coordinator has years of experience working with visitors to Costa Rica. He is very resourceful and on call 24/7 in case of emergency.
* Accommodations: Volunteers will stay with a local host family where they will be provided with a room and breakfast and dinner each day. By living with a family, volunteers will learn about the day to day rhythms of Costa Rican life first hand as well as sample traditional meals not usually available in restaurants.
* Spanish Instruction: Participants will receive one week (20 hours) of Spanish instruction at a local Spanish language school. Participants wanting more Spanish instruction can enroll in additional classes.
These programs require a minimum 4 week time commitment. Since these programs are located away from our partner agency, all volunteers will spend the first week in Barrio Jesus, where they will take Spanish classes and get to know our in-country coordinator and staff. After the first week, volunteers go to their assigned placement.
- Online Application
- Written Application