Community Development Project in the Amazon Basin - Ecuador
Ecuador: Puyo, Rural Areas
- Building & Construction Projects
- Community Centers
- Community Development
- Computer Training
- Economic Development
- English Teaching
- Grassroots Organization
- Health Care
- Human Rights
- Small Business Development
- Social Work
5-8 Weeks, 9-12 Weeks, 3-6 Months
Throughout the year
Worldwide Participants. This Program is also open to Families and Couples.
Cost in USD per week
Contact Provider for Cost Details
* Pre-departure Support: International Volunteers staff is very knowledgeable and happy to help volunteers and interns to prepare for their travels.
* Airport Pickup: Volunteers are met at the airport in Quito and provided with transportation to their host family.
* In-country Orientation: Each volunteer program starts with a two to three day orientation which covers important topics on the logistics of living and working in Ecuador, city tours, help with transportation, and optional Spanish classes
* In-country Staff Support: Our Ecuador coordinator has years of experience working with visitors to Ecuador. She is very resourceful and on call 24/7 in case of emergency.
* Accommodations: Volunteers will stay with a local host family where they will be provided with a room and breakfast and dinner each day. By living with a family, volunteers will learn about the day to day rhythms of Ecuadorian life first hand as well as sample traditional meals not usually available in restaurants. Host families are eager to welcome volunteers and are a fantastic resource for learning about the local culture and sights.
Participants in the Ecuador programs must speak Spanish at an intermediate level or higher and be prepared to live and work in a Spanish speaking environment. International Volunteers can arrange for language lessons to complement the program. Participants should also be flexible, adaptable, and open to experiencing a new culture. Please note that community development programs take place in less developed regions of the country, so the living conditions can be basic.
- Online Application
- Written Application