Volunteer and Teach English in Nepal

Volunteer and Teach English in Nepal

Two weeks in heaven

I wanted my first travel by my own to be very special one.. and because i love the concept of volunteering and helping unprivileged ppl, I decided to save money to make a change in their lives and mine. During my stay in Nepal, i have learned so many things. Most importantly I learned that Happiness will never come to those who don’t appreciate what they have. People there have the minimal things in life and yet their smiles don’t wipe off their faces. It made me realize how we should appreciate what we have, and learn how to smile as we are lucky to have what we have.

I don’t know what am I going to miss the most; walking on the streets wth everyone waving and sending us kisses, brain damages during bumpy rides, the amazing deadly trek.. Is it the popularity feeling when I walk into the school, or how students fight for me to sit next to them, or how they make me lose my voice every time I try to teach them. The teachers are lovely, and the naughty boys remind me of myself in school.. The Nepalese kids/my weakness point, I’ll be staring at the hundreds pictures I’ve taken of them forever.
Also, this trip has taught me how family is life’s greatest gift. I was never alone, always overwhelmed with beautiful souls. I am extremely grateful for the big family I’ve made there, from the homestay and caring coordinators to the lovely inspiring volunteers. Nepal was really incredible! Thank you IVHQ for making this experience an unforgettable one. It’s my first time volunteering abroad but surely not my last!

• International Volunteer HQ [IVHQ] responded to this review February 21, 2018 at 5:57 PM

It's wonderful to hear that you had such a good time on the program and that you decided to spend your first solo travel experience helping others abroad. I'm sure your experience will stay with you for the rest of your life and the assistance you provided will not be forgotten by those you helped. We hope to see you on another one of our programs in the future. ^Sam - IVHQ Nepal Program Manager