Incredible Volunteering in Cusco: Costs from USD320!

Incredible Volunteering in Cusco: Costs from USD320!

Animal protection in Cusco

This program has taught me what it’s like to not only help the community in any way possible and the citizens of Peru but to really indulge into the Peruvian culture. The staff made sure everyday that I was doing okay and I was comfortable in my home stay and not only that they were there for every little problem and made sure I got the best medical attention needed when I fell ill. IVHQ made sure I was comfortable were I was placed and even changed my program when I wasn’t comfortable. They were such an incredible staff that made this experience so much easier and more fun. The program was so incredibly beneficial to the community it was amazing how much hard work and determination went into the animal protection shelter it melt my heart. Not only did the program supply us with tools necessary but they took the time to come in and put that hard work into use. It was such a life changing experience and I wish I could go back and do it a million times more.

• International Volunteer HQ [IVHQ] responded to this review April 03, 2018 at 2:17 PM

Hi Anna, Thanks for sharing this awesome review. We love to hear when a volunteer has a life-changing experience. It's great to hear you felt your efforts left a positive mark on the local community. We'd love to have you join us again in the near further. ^Andrea - IVHQ Peru Cusco Program Manager

Medical Care with IVHQ Cusco

Overall, Volunteering with IVHQ was an amazing oppurtunity! I was able meet amazing other volunteers while working in a medical clinical in Cusco. As I am a nursing student it was an amazing oppurtunity to be able to see the medical system in Cusco. I was also able to tour Cusco and see amazing things such as Macchu Picchu and Rainbow Mountain! The accomedations and food was amazing and if give the opportunity I would go back in a heart beat!

• International Volunteer HQ [IVHQ] responded to this review January 23, 2018 at 7:05 PM

Hi Nicole, Thanks for sharing this awesome review! We are glad to hear your experience was amazing all around. We have loved having you volunteer with us and we would happily welcome you again in the future! ^Andrea - IVHQ Peru Cusco Program Manager

Cusco Jungle Conservation + Machu Picchu

IVHQ and local organization Maximo Nivel were awesome to work with. Both were very organized and made sure to tailor the program to best fit our group's needs. Our time in Cusco was utilized to the max. Never a dull moment and all very purposeful. Our group of five volunteered with InkaTerra for the jungle conservation for a week, where we helped out at the organic Gamitana Farm. We also had a chance to partake in other memorable experiences including a night walk, canopy walk, and swimming/canoeing in the Amazon. Everyone we worked with, from the staff to locals to other volunteers, were all great people! I would definitely recommend these two organizations for their excellent service.

• International Volunteer HQ [IVHQ] responded to this review July 08, 2015 at 9:27 PM

Hi Sylvia, Thanks for the recommendation. It’s great to hear that you felt that both IVHQ and our local team in Peru - Cusco provided service that met your expectations. We hope to see you on another of our programs again in the future. Thanks for being an IVHQer!

Medical Program

I absolutely loved IVHQ and Maximo Nivel's program in Cusco, Peru. It was the most amazing experience of my life. My host family and the staff were awesome and I couldn't have asked for anything better. This experience was life changing and I never wanted to leave. I would recommend this program to everyone looking to lend a helping hand and explore the world.

• International Volunteer HQ [IVHQ] responded to this review July 06, 2015 at 11:00 PM

Hi Ashley, Thanks for the recommendation. It’s great to hear that you had such a positive experience and you felt looked after by our local team and your host family. We hope to see you back on another IVHQ program soon.