Incredible Volunteering in Cambodia: Costs from USD 360

Incredible Volunteering in Cambodia: Costs from USD 360

3 Weeks teaching english in Siem Reap, Cambodia through IVHQ

I recently completed a 3 week placement in Siem Reap, teaching English at the Khmer for Khmer Organization (KKO). IVHQ was a beneficial organization as not only was I provided with extremely safe and clean housing in a local volunteer house, the staff at our house and placement also were friendly and extremely helpful. In the middle of my trip I experienced an allergic reaction to mosquito bites, and the staff at the house were able to get me to a doctor ASAP and even translated for me to make sure I had sufficient care. The children and staff at my placement were wonderful, as everyone willingly accepted me and encouraged my teaching skills.

Over all, I would definitely sign up once again with IVHQ as they provided safe, highly organized and structured opportunities to volunteer around the world.

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review April 26, 2017 at 4:56 PM

Hi Karly, Thanks for sharing. We are so glad that you were well taken care of by our local team in Cambodia, and were welcomed and encouraged at your volunteer placement. It has been great to have you volunteer with IVHQ and we would love to have you join us again in the future.
    Sarah – IVHQ Cambodia Program Manager

Cambodia child special needs care

I was only in my volunteer program for two weeks but this experience will have a lasting lifelong impact. The children that I worked with and the amazing women that make this incredibly difficult work there life have taught me things that I didn't even know I needed the answers to. Working with children with special needs is difficult work but so rewarding, just seeing their smiles and earning their trust will fill you with a joy and a sense of hope that you didn't even know you needed to be added to your life. I got very attached to the children very quickly, it was tough to have to say goodbye to them but I know that I will have them forever in my memories and my heart and I will always have the hope that I will one day get to come back and work with them again.

• International Volunteer HQ responded to this review May 11, 2017 at 8:24 PM

Hi Megan, Thanks for sharing! It is heartwarming to hear about the impact that volunteering in Cambodia had on you. Thanks for being an amazing volunteer and we would love to have you join us again in the future.
    Sarah – IVHQ Cambodia Program Manager