Intern in Sport - London & United Kingdom
Intern in Sport Header Image Intern in Sport Header Image

Intern in Sport - London & United Kingdom

2 weeks in London!

My internship experience has been hands-down the best experience of my life!

Visiting Europe for the first time I knew that I would have some tough calls to make about where and how to spend my time, but London was definitely the right choice. As a city it is crazy busy, there are always thing to do (watch out as it can be expensive), and the people are incredibly friendly, contrary to what I had been led to believe.

Intern in Sport organised my internship at a global sports management company (in licensing), the process was very quick, and I was literally challenged every day.

Working at such a large organisation I learnt how to prioritise tasks, where my strengths lie, and how to develop and build relationships with clients and employees, something I recognise is key to getting ahead in daily office life.

If I could change one thing, I would have booked my accommodation through Intern in Sport, as the option I found for myself was cheaper, but cost me an extra 20 minutes each day on the metro.

If I could do it all over again, I would do it tomorrow!
Will I visit London again? YES!

Data analysis experience in London with intern in sport

I travelled to London for a 4-week internship experience with a sports data analytics provider to help earn my final graduation credits. London is an exciting city, and is a great place to visit if you travel alone.

My host company was professional, and really interested in helping me understand the basics of what they did, and how their software delivered insight to their clients, so I was continually learning, and being asked to do new things.

The month went by really quickly but the experience was worth it. London weather is crazy, so pack appropriate clothing, as Winter can get cold, not NY cold, but cold all the same.

Highlights - My host company, weekly after work soccer matches, and boarding down the river Thames.
Lowlights - Transport costs, the weather, and exchange rates.