Intern in Sport - London & United Kingdom
Intern in Sport Header Image Intern in Sport Header Image

Intern in Sport - London & United Kingdom

Intern In Sport did not provide what they promised

I will begin by saying that my internship in London was great. London is very expensive, but a lot of fun. Overall I had a good experience working as an intern for my company. I enjoyed getting to use the public transport and meeting people from all over the world.

The following is a poor review for Intern in Sport, the company that "managed" my internship:

In my own opinion Intern in Sport is total waste of money. I paid about $1300 US dollars for an intro and an interview with my internship company. This is the only this that was provided by Intern in Sport. This list of items provided on their website is below:

A professional internship - I got an interview set up by Intern in Sport, that's it.
Preparation of a professional level CV (resume) and cover letter - never received, asked several times.
Pre-departure Q&A session - never received.
Post-arrival orientation session with local coordinator - never received, asked several times.
Welcome pack including local map and essential information - never received, asked several times.
Flight and travel insurance advice - only was told that I need to find it myself.
Accommodation option advice and booking facility - only was told that I need to find it myself.

Despite me emailing several times to ask about some of the above items, I never received anything beside the initial interview. I never would have heard from Intern in Sport had I not initiated the contact myself. I worked with another intern who also used this company. They had completely forgotten about Intern in Sport - because Intern in Sport never contacted them. Not once during their internship. It wasn't until I reminded the other intern about the company that they finally emailed Intern in Sport themselves.

This company was terrible customer service and does not honor their agreements and promises. I have emailed Intern in Sport many times, sometimes with no reply.

If you're able, I would avoid this company. Not at all worth the money.

Expectations exceeded!

Everything went perfectly. I had a great time both with the internship and living in London. I worked part-time and the team have been attentive, informative and supportive with making sure I managed my work, studies and internship. All in all a unique and great experience, that I have taken some great memories from.

Football, new friends, hard work, and lots of fun

I really enjoyed my experience in London through Intern in Sport. Hostel location was great and the internship ran well! By locating us in Notting Hill, we were very well connected to everything via the tube. The internship component of the program was very valuable, and they did a great job setting that up quickly so I could get approval for credit.

Data analysis experience in London with intern in sport

I travelled to London for a 4-week internship experience with a sports data analytics provider to help earn my final graduation credits. London is an exciting city, and is a great place to visit if you travel alone.

My host company was professional, and really interested in helping me understand the basics of what they did, and how their software delivered insight to their clients, so I was continually learning, and being asked to do new things.

The month went by really quickly but the experience was worth it. London weather is crazy, so pack appropriate clothing, as Winter can get cold, not NY cold, but cold all the same.

Highlights - My host company, weekly after work soccer matches, and boarding down the river Thames.
Lowlights - Transport costs, the weather, and exchange rates.

2 weeks in London!

My internship experience has been hands-down the best experience of my life!

Visiting Europe for the first time I knew that I would have some tough calls to make about where and how to spend my time, but London was definitely the right choice. As a city it is crazy busy, there are always thing to do (watch out as it can be expensive), and the people are incredibly friendly, contrary to what I had been led to believe.

Intern in Sport organised my internship at a global sports management company (in licensing), the process was very quick, and I was literally challenged every day.

Working at such a large organisation I learnt how to prioritise tasks, where my strengths lie, and how to develop and build relationships with clients and employees, something I recognise is key to getting ahead in daily office life.

If I could change one thing, I would have booked my accommodation through Intern in Sport, as the option I found for myself was cheaper, but cost me an extra 20 minutes each day on the metro.

If I could do it all over again, I would do it tomorrow!
Will I visit London again? YES!