Au Pair in France - Short-Term

• Host Company

• Compensation

• Professional Development

Au pair - short term, France

My time in France was short, but exciting! I was able to go to a French wedding, I tried so many different types of cheeses and other food. I was able to visit Paris and visit the Alps as well. I had a good time with the children and family and will miss the children so much. I was able to improve my French and was able to add new words to my vocabulary. It was definitely a different experience, one I had never experienced before and it was totally worth it!

• InterExchange responded to this review September 05, 2017 at 8:34 AM

The Alps, a French wedding, improving your French language skills, and CHEESE!! Sounds like an awesome trip to me. Thanks for the review and best of luck in your travels! ~James (InterExchange)

• Host Company

• Compensation

• Professional Development

A Rewarding Challenge

During my time as an au pair, I grew much in my perceptions of myself, pushing myself past my limits of patience, language comprehension, and gratitude. My time with my family really put me out of my comfort zone in a way that makes me grateful for the opportunity to grow. If you desire to experience growth while learning from a different culture, then consider becoming an au pair. It's the kind of experience you can't describe until you've actually done it! Though not everyday abroad felt like the adventure of a lifetime, I firmly believe that both the straining and rewarding times are necessary - not only do you get to see another part of the world, but you learn so much about yourself!

• InterExchange responded to this review May 25, 2016 at 10:42 AM

Thanks for your thoughtful comments Elisa. It's important to consider both the easy moments and the challenges as critical parts of the growth experience and I'm glad this is how you think of it. Safe travels! ~James (InterExchange)