Au Pair in France - Short-Term
InterExchange participants InterExchange participants

Au Pair in France - Short-Term

Au Pair - Short Term, France

It was a wonderful experience and I was able to live in the mountains and wake up every morning to see Mont Blanc. The food was awesome and I was also able to visit Paris while I was there. The family was nice and I was able to get to know the children really well. I also made good friends with the housekeeper and she took me every week to the grocery store with her. I also was able to go to a French wedding, which was fun, where I ate escargot for the first time. I also tried so many different kinds of cheese!!!!

• InterExchange responded to this review October 25, 2017 at 12:04 PM

So many awesome experiences in such a short period! Thanks for the review and glad you had a great time. :) ~James

Short term Au Pair in France

Interexchange was overall a great program to work with. They maintain contact throughout the extent of your trip and make sure you have everything you need. I would only say that I wish I was better prepared for the cultural differences between me and my host family, particularly in regards to child-rearing since most of the program materials provided are designed for au pairs going to the US to work. That being said, I found interexchange a safe and reliable means to find work abroad and would recommend it to first time au pairs.

• InterExchange responded to this review October 25, 2017 at 8:55 AM

Thank you Alison, for the review! Glad you found the program reliable and we'll be working to continue adding to our resources for Americans traveling abroad. Thanks for recommending InterExchange! ~James

Au pair - short term, France

My time in France was short, but exciting! I was able to go to a French wedding, I tried so many different types of cheeses and other food. I was able to visit Paris and visit the Alps as well. I had a good time with the children and family and will miss the children so much. I was able to improve my French and was able to add new words to my vocabulary. It was definitely a different experience, one I had never experienced before and it was totally worth it!

• InterExchange responded to this review September 05, 2017 at 8:34 AM

The Alps, a French wedding, improving your French language skills, and CHEESE!! Sounds like an awesome trip to me. Thanks for the review and best of luck in your travels! ~James (InterExchange)

A Rewarding Challenge

During my time as an au pair, I grew much in my perceptions of myself, pushing myself past my limits of patience, language comprehension, and gratitude. My time with my family really put me out of my comfort zone in a way that makes me grateful for the opportunity to grow. If you desire to experience growth while learning from a different culture, then consider becoming an au pair. It's the kind of experience you can't describe until you've actually done it! Though not everyday abroad felt like the adventure of a lifetime, I firmly believe that both the straining and rewarding times are necessary - not only do you get to see another part of the world, but you learn so much about yourself!

• InterExchange responded to this review May 25, 2016 at 10:42 AM

Thanks for your thoughtful comments Elisa. It's important to consider both the easy moments and the challenges as critical parts of the growth experience and I'm glad this is how you think of it. Safe travels! ~James (InterExchange)