IFSA-Butler University of Queensland
Institute for Study Abroad, Butler University Header Image Institute for Study Abroad, Butler University Header Image

IFSA-Butler University of Queensland

Life at UQ with IFSA

I had the most amazing experience with IFSA Butler at the University of Queensland. With the help of IFSA, I was able to have an advisor there in my city during my entire time abroad and it was incredibly helpful to have her to reach out to. I had questions about using my student health insurance to questions about places to eat out in the city, and she was always an instant reply away. We also had dinners throughout the semester, an incredible orientation experience that allowed us to immediately adjust to the Australian life, and a very fun mid semester trip. IFSA also is how I got my housing in the International House in Brisbane which is where I met friends that I have been in contact with and even traveled to see since returning from Australia. The International House hosted several cultural events, allowed me to meet people from all over the world, and felt like home in a country I had never even been to before. The staff at the International House was also incredibly supportive of its students and helped me get my extended time approved, with the help of my advisor through IFSA.

Awesome! Exciting, comfortable, new and fun!

I chose the program because IFSA-Butler transfers credits back to my school, it is an English program, it was very organized, and safety was never an issue. It was a new experience!

Awesome! Exciting, comfortable, new and fun!

My most memorable experience was the week-long immersion before set to school and the ability to travel the whole east coast of Australia.