IFSA-Butler University of New South Wales
Institute for Study Abroad, Butler University Header Image Institute for Study Abroad, Butler University Header Image

IFSA-Butler University of New South Wales

Down Under

I took 2 biology major courses, and 2 elective credits. They were Microbiology, Immunology, World Religions and Popular Performance in Culture, Music, and Dance. They equated to 16 credit hours.

My favorite experience abroad was my trip to Thailand. It's a close call though because I had so many amazing experiences. Some friends and I went there for the break, and we stayed for 13 days. We visited 3 different cities and really became closer, and more immersed in Thai culture. So my best experience was probably my ability to go to so many different countries and experience their cultures. I've never had an experience like that before!

Australia was amazing though, and this small review cannot do the program/country any justice, but I think my favorite part was how everything seemed like a completely new experience whether it was flipping on the light switch, driving a car, meeting new people, etc. Sydney and its residents have def became my favorite city/spot on the planet. The food was amazing, and the students at UNSW were so welcoming to me! I made a great group of close friends both Americans, Australians and other students from across the globe.

Also I would budget my time and money, and while people think it's stressful-- its honestly allows you to get the most out of the experience.

IFSA is amazing; great support for you while you are abroad, and they seem to take care of everything for you, so its minimal stress allowing you to focus on fully immersing yourself in the new culture!