IFSA-Butler University College Dublin
Institute for Study Abroad, Butler University Header Image Institute for Study Abroad, Butler University Header Image

IFSA-Butler University College Dublin

Abroad in Ireland

I had an amazing experience studying abroad at the University College Dublin in Ireland. Everyone I had the pleasure of meeting was so friendly and helpful, especially my advisers both at UCD and through my IFSA program. I always felt like I had somewhere to go for help if I ever needed anything, which was extremely comforting while adjusting to life on my own in a place so far away from home. The activities and events that were planned by the IFSA program were also a lot of fun, and they made it so easy to explore new parts of the country that I may not have considered going to otherwise. The campus community at UCD was also excellent, and I was even able to join the swim team and a number of different clubs while I was there. The academics were great, as well, and there were many different options for classes in just about any subject area. I even had the opportunity to work directly with a professor of ecology and one of her graduate students to design my own independent research project that included both scientific field and lab work. Overall, I truly felt like I was immersed in the Irish culture while I was there, which was one of my main goals for my study abroad experience. Between travelling across the country, exploring other places in Europe, or just simply hanging out with the friends I made through the swim team, clubs, and classes, my time abroad allowed me to grow and learn in so many valuable ways. I am extremely grateful for the incredible opportunity I had to study abroad in Dublin, and I would recommend both the IFSA program and the University College Dublin to anyone considering studying abroad in Ireland!

Just right

My entire experience in Ireland was amazing and that really had a lot to do with IFSA-Butler. They provide you with the perfect amount of assistance throughout the semester. They are able to successfully provide for their students without getting in the way of their cultural immersion. A lot of the opportunities I had were available to me for a large part because of IFSA. Whether it was learning how to play hurling or taking a pub crawl through the city, the staff was vital for my experience. The only thing you need to consider is which of their amazing offerings is best for you.

Immersed in Ireland

I had an absolutely incredible time at UCD. My education was rigorous, but manageable, I loved the C&C program that IFSA offered, and IFSA staff were wonderful. I wouldn't change a thing about my experience, and I am excited to go back to Ireland for graduate school.

Best time of my life

IFSA-Ireland was amazing. They made me feel so welcomed, with their airport welcome and open door policy throughout the year. If you had academic or personal problem they were there to help. I would do the program all over again.