Institute for Study Abroad, Butler University Header Image Institute for Study Abroad, Butler University Header Image

IFSA-Butler in Santiago, Chile

The best way to experience Santiago

I studied away with IFSA-Butler in Santiago Chile from February to July 2016. While there, I took three courses at local universities and a course with the program, and I lived with a wonderful family. IFSA-Butler was an amazing program because it gave me the flexibility I wanted to really personalize my experience while simultaneously giving me enough structure through the program when I needed it. I highly recommend studying with IFSA-Butler.

¡Viva Chile!

IFSA-Butler was a great experience for me. I had an awesome host family and this program provided me the liberty to take my own excursions when I didn't have class. The structure was fairly laid back and really provided me the opportunity to develop my experience in Chile as my own. It's a lot more independent overall, though the Santiago advisor is much more involved than other programs I've talked to, so I definitely would recommend this program to someone who has an overall idea of what they want to get out of abroad and not someone who needs to be in a structured environment.

My experience with Chile

Hola todos! I had such a rewarding experience in this program and I wanted to share some of it with you! I was already pretty excited about studying abroad in general and was super excited to go to a Latin American country. The reason I chose Chile is because of how kind the people are. I felt as though everyone just had such a great attitude in life. I knew that they had a hard recent history with the dictatorship, and it was difficult but necessary to learn about that time to fully appreciate the Chilean identity. From my host family to some of the friends I made at Universidad Católica, I loved the how open the people were to foreigners! My experience abroad was something that I will never forget and I hope to go back to visit Chile again in the near future!