IFSA-Butler in Mendoza, Argentina
Institute for Study Abroad, Butler University Header Image Institute for Study Abroad, Butler University Header Image

IFSA-Butler in Mendoza, Argentina

Mendoza: tierra del sol y el buen vino

In short, my semester with IFSA-Butler in Mendoza, Argentina was incredible. I experienced so much personal growth, and left Argentina speaking Spanish fluently. Over the course of four months, I took classes both in my program and at the local UNCuyo university, I lived with a wonderful host family (who didn't speak much English), created lasting friendships with the people on my program, and traveled throughout the city and province of Mendoza, as well as many other places in Argentina. Argentina is an incredibly diverse country, with climate and terrain ranging from deserts, to subtropical rain-forests and mountainous landscapes. IFSA Butler provided me with the opportunity to both immerse myself in the culture of Mendoza, and to travel to other impressionable parts of the country. And the Spanish immersion was incredible.. there was a strict NO ENGLISH rule with the program, giving you the opportunity to push yourself to become fluent.