IFSA-Butler at the University of Auckland
Institute for Study Abroad, Butler University Header Image Institute for Study Abroad, Butler University Header Image

IFSA-Butler at the University of Auckland

Amazing Auckland

I traveled to Auckland in Spring 2016 from Fordham University in New York and I could not be happier with my choice of abroad programs. From choosing my courses to getting acquainted with the city, the IFSA-Butler staff was incredibly helpful and approachable throughout the entire process. While in New Zealand, the program planned numerous events for our group ranging from rugby games to an overnight trip on a boat. Being so far from home, it was a great comfort knowing I had a staff member just ten minutes away to answer any questions I had or just to catch up and grab a coffee. I met other Americans who either traveled alone to Auckland or chose another program and I can honestly say they did not have the full experience my group and I had. If I had to go abroad again I would absolutely do it Butler.

IFSA-Butler experience

The IFSA-Butler program was exceptional. The orientation team and my program advisor went above and beyond in helping the students adapt and learn about New Zealand. The program informed us of academic expectations, travel information, and gave us plenty of contact information if we had any questions or needed assistance in any way. I was beyond happy with traveling to New Zealand through the ISFA program and would do it again if I could.

A Truly Life Changing Experience

Going abroad is scary. I get that. I was scared out of my mind. But it was so nice knowing that I had a support system both with me in New Zealand as well as back in the states. IFSA was an amazing study abroad program, I'd recommend it for people who want to be fully immersed in another country's educational system. I met some awesome people, saw amazing sights, traveled all over the place, all the while knowing that there were people whose job it was to look out for me no matter what I did. Wish I could go back!