The Institute for Global Studies offers a public relations internship with an international nonprofit sporting agency. With a presence in almost 200 countries throughout the world, this organization is one of the world's largest sporting organizations. The agency is a nonprofit organization that provides year-round sports training and athletic competition for people with an intellectual disability. Many of the participating athletes live lives of neglect and isolation, hidden away or socially excluded from full participation in schools or society. To transform the athlete, this organization offers a gateway to empowerment, competence, acceptance, and joy.
This internship will focus on the public relations side of the organization's next big event. Interns will assist in contacting sponsors from previous years to try to re-engage them in the organization and get them involved in upcoming events. Interns will also be involved with website maintenance, including checking website links and other information. A special PR project will also be created in conjunction with each intern's goals and previous experience.
1. Intern in the field of public relations with an international nonprofit sporting agency.
2. Assist in contacting sponsors and get them involved in the agency's upcoming events.
3. Get involved in website maintenance, including checking inbound and outbound links.
4. Work on a special PR project during the internship.
5. Help the agency empower athletes with disabilities.
This program has no reviews.