Internships in Shanghai
Hutong School students Hutong School students

Internships in Shanghai

Month interning in Shanghai

I interned with Hutong School for a month between August and September 2017 and truly enjoyed the experience I had. I stayed at two different accommodations- both under half an hour door to door from the school, and next to restaurants and shops etc. I changed accommodations half way through as my two roommates left to go back home, and I didn't want to live by myself as there was no one else moving in. This was easily arranged by the program coordinator. The apartments were big and clean. The team at Hutong school were wonderful both pre departure and while I was there, and I really enjoyed taking part in the many cultural activities they organise, a highlight being night cycling through old Shanghai. The Chinese classes were wonderful- the classes themselves really small and the teachers highly qualified, making the lessons fun and interesting and focussing on what you want to learn. Would highly recommend them as a provider!

My first time in China

I was really scared to come to China for the first time. I almost wanted to cancel my trip but in the end, I finally went anyway and I am so so happy that I did!
I was picked up from the airport and shown to my apartment. My roommates were really awesome and helped me get to know the local area right away.
My internship was with a local company and I was a bit worried that no-one would speak English with me or that I would only do boring things, but it was really nice. The company was in a modern office and everyone was really nice. I even got to visit some of my colleagues after work.

My internship and time in China was much better than I had expected. Thanks to the people at hutong I managed to overcome all the little things that got in my way and they made me relax when I was worried about coming to China.