Habla Ya - Spanish in Panama City, Bocas del Toro & Boquete
Habla Ya Custom Header Habla Ya Custom Header

Habla Ya - Spanish in Panama City, Bocas del Toro & Boquete

• Facilities

Habla Ya Spanish Schools in Boquete and Bocas Del Toro!

I spent two weeks in beautiful Boquete at Habla Ya, and I can't say enough good things about my experience there. All of the teachers were excellent. My profesora, Leidys, was one of the clearest and precise teachers I have ever had. I had my two sons, ages 12 and 7, also enrolled in the program and they both had excellent experiences as well with Kimberley, Yeramy and Alexander. If you want to make a lot of progress in a short amount of time, this is the school for you!

I currently finished my first week at Habla Ya in Bocas Del Toro, and we are all having excellent experiences here as well. The methodology of the school and training of the teachers is very good. Sergio is my teacher here and he is also excellent. Lynnette and Jessica are my son's teachers at this location and they both have had a great first week (third week total in the program). We have one week to go, and I am very happy with both locations and the progress we have made. Keep up the great work Habla Ya!

Great Spanish school

My overall experience of Habla Ya was very positive - fun, interesting and I learnt a lot. My teachers (Alex in Boquete and Yarixell in Panama City) were both great, with engaging classes and a range of different activities - my level improved significantly in the time I was there. The school is well organised and very helpful with administration and activities outside classes - I'd definitely recommend it.

What a wonderful time

I just finished four weeks of Spanish school with Habla Ya in Boquete. It's been a great experience all around. I stayed with a wonderful local family and my host mum Lucy was fantastic. I had booked myself in for four weeks of small group classes but in the end I had one-on-one lessons all along as it was only me in the intermediate category. My teacher Alex was super nice and showed a real interest in my work and fields of interest. Besides the regular book subjects we talked about yoga, the Egyptian pantheon, religion, politics, equal rights and the essence of a happy life. It's been fun going to class and the class structure was generally put together really well. All staff at the school were super friendly, professional and helpful and I can only recommend this place.
In ways of quality, attention, friendliness and professionalism this is the place to choose!

Language school trip Bocas del Toro / Panama

I really can recommend Habla Ya - Bocas del Toro. The classes (if in groups or in private) had been well structured and the ambitious teachers (in my case Sergio and Iraida) do everything to teach Spanish diversified and efficiently. Also Bocas and surroundings offer everything what you would expect from some Caribbean islands: beaches to enjoy the sun, bars and clubs and the sea for every kind of water action!!

Awesome learning experience!!

I took 8 weeks of group Spanish classes. The school tries really hard to meet every students needs. After the first week you are asked to fill out a short review about how comfortable you are in your class and with your teacher. My teacher was Ana, she was super nice and an awesome teacher. I started on the A1 level (no Spanish) and she got me on level B1(conversational Spanish) within 8 weeks. Ana was able to work with the little knowledge I had of Spanish and increase my knowledge through a variety of grammar, reading, and writing exercises in class. Additionally, Ana always tries to connect these tasks with real life Spanish experiences. Within the those 8 weeks, Ana was able to allow myself and our class with a variety of excursions to the Smithsonian, the mall and a bunch of restaurants to practice my Spanish in public. Overall, this was one of the best experience I have had while learning a new language and I would definitely recommend this school and Ana to anyone that is wanting to learn Spanish in a real world setting.

great place to learn

Great place to learn and practice Spanish. Fantastic environment with protruding and motivated young teachers that create a nice atmosphere for the students. They adopt to your level and take it from there.
Unfortunately the city is very well adopted to the growing number of US Americans that spend their retirement here. local shops have adopted to it by being very proficient in english which makes practicing Spanish outside the school a challenge.
Special thanks to Alexander Cano who proved inhuman patience with me.

Amazing experience!

Sergio, Kimberly, Leidys, and Benita were wonderful teachers. We loved our time in Panama and learned so much Spanish! Highly recommended! We stayed with host families who were both wonderful and allowed us to experience Panamanian culture.

Excelentes clases de Español

Yo soy una estudiante frequente de Habla Ya Boquete. Este año tube mis clases de grupo y clases privadas con Leidys.
Las clases son una mezcla de gramatica, tareas, communicacion. Leidys prepara sus clases buenissimo y adapta su velocidad de enseñar a los niveles de los estudiantes. Ademas las clases siemore son divertidos tambien.
Gracias por la experiencia!

Kompetenz und Spaß dabei

Nachdem ich in Bocas bereits von der Habla Ya Sprachschule begeistert war habe ich diese auch in Panama-City besucht. Auch hier hatte ich einen kompetenten und unterhaltsamen Lehrer, der mir die spanische Sprache auf spielerische und verständliche Weise vermitteln konnte ohne das Langeweile oder Lernstress auch nur im Ansatz eine Chance hatten, was bei meiner Schwierigkeit Sprachen zu lernen keine Selbstverständlichkeit ist. Ich habe gute Fortschritte gemacht und hatte Spaß dabei... was will man mehr?!

Recuerdos de Habla Ya

I maybe among the eldest students to occupy a class room at the Habla Ya Boquete Campus. The age range and nationalities of students varied. The sense of community and passion for learning remained constant.
Raised in the Canal Zone during the 1950s, I was familiar with the curative powers of Ceviche de Corvina and chicha. I had wandered some of the fern and waterfall lined hiking trails, but I was not prepared for the excellence of the teaching and administrative staff at Habla Ya. Professora Leidys, known for her patience and humor, served as a cultural attché with her knowlege of Panamanian history, customs, folklore and family life. Her command of Spanish grammer and linguistics presented in her entertaining and innovative teaching style, made each class an adventure.
The family living program reinforced our class work and privided a near- total inmersion experience. The abuelito my household enjoyed discussing politics and events forgotten by most. The host mother cooked with cariño. I was handed the house keys and accompanied by family to festivals and outings. What I found particularly remarkable about Habla Ya was the return rate. Class mates from Canada, Belgium, Germany and elsewhere talked of classes from years past. Folks keep coming back for refresher courses.
That says something!

Great experience overall

I had the opportunity to study with Habla Ya for a period of four weeks, two weeks in Bocas del Toro and two weeks in Boquete. It was a good choice to split the locations as it allowed us to visit more of Panama and four weeks in any one location would have been a bit much as both towns are small. It was a blast and well worth my time. My Spanish skills and especially my confidence to speak it have improved greatly. Habla Ya ended up placing me in 2 weeks of private classes in lieu of group classes because there were no other students at my same level. It gave me lots of 1-1 time which is what I needed to improve my conversation skills. I had four teachers during my stay, Erian, Alec, Reynin and Leidys, all equally great teachers, enthusiastic, patient and punctual, each with a unique approach to teaching. I am really glad I had this opportunity and if time and money permit I will be back. Thanks!

Muy bien :)

I did 2 weeks of Spanish course in Bocas. It really was a great experience! My teachers Jennifer and Erian were very sympathetic, well prepared, motivated and tried to keep the focus on speaking (also by using games). The cultural offer beside the language course was a good way to make new experiences (chocolate farm for example). The Organisation in general was quite good, my only critical point would be more communication between the teachers to make sure everybody is in the course that fits with the own level.
Don't hesitate to choose hablaya as your language school! :)

Excellent experience

I am here for 6 weeks in Boquete. First I was taught in a group during 3 weeks, which I enjoyed very much.

Now, I am working as an voluntary in Casa Esperanza with small children. For this reason I am having now private lessons with Kimberly. She is an excellent teacher and she is able to cover a lot of different topics, such as the culture, context of politicos or the history of Panama. Furthermore, she helps me a lot with different songs and games in relation with children. This forms a time most valuable.

Habla Ya - Boquete - Leidys

My daughter and I spent a week in January at Habla Ya in Boquete. Leidys fue la nuestra profesora. Ella es una professora excelente and tiene mucha paciencia.

She was able to help each of us advance with differing strengths and weaknesses. She got to know us in a very short time and was able to engage each of us very well. I have not found this ability with other instructors. Many instructors go according to a rigid script. Leidys covered the material but yet was able to tailor things to the individual student. I would definitely be interested in having more classes with her.
Thank you.

Me gustaría volver pronto

Ich war im Sommer 2017 vier Wochen in der Sprachschule Habla Ya in Bocas del Toro. Es war eine fantastische Zeit. Die Lehrer sind sehr geduldig, professionell und immer gut gelaunt. Sogar in ihrer Freizeit sind sie für die Studenten da und verbringen Zeit mit ihnen. So konnte ich sogar mit den Lehrern gute Freundschaften schliessen. Mit Yeremy Patiño bin ich heute noch in Kontakt. Er ist ein Spanisch Lehrer in Boquete und zur Zeit als ich in Bocas war, war er auch gerade für vier Wochen in Bocas. Er war immer aufgestellt, lustig und sehr lieb und geduldig.
Alles in allem war es ein fantastischer Sprachaufenthalt und ich gehe auf jeden Fall mal zurück nach Bocas del Toro.

Belle experience

Belle expérience à l école Habla Y’a bien tructurer.
Professeure Leidys très professional avec expérience. Pour la Ville de Boquete très chamante température.
Un peut fraîche avec un peut de pluie.
Les villageois très gentils.
Je recommande Boquete école Habla Y’a pour cours d espagnol.
Pour la nourriture très bon et abordable, avec beaucoup de Variété.
Transport facile d accès et peu honnereux.

Amazing teaching experience in Bocas

This is my second time at Habla Ya. I had private lessons with Benita. She is a great teacher, who uses different activities to make learning Spanish enjoyable. I would strongly recommend Habla Ya as a learning school. It's affordable and you provided with high quality service.

Great week in Boquete

I was in Boquete for my second week of Spanish classes. First week I took classes in Panama City. In Boquete my teacher was Leidys. She is a great teacher. I learned a lot and had fun. Muchas Gracias Leidys.

Amazing month in Bocas

I spent 4 wonderful weeks at Habla Ya in Bocas del Toro. Erian was my professor in group classes and he is amazing. He’s patient, kind, and fun. I learned a ton in a beautiful place and I can’t wait to return. Many thanks to Habla Ya!

Pasé 4 semanas maravillosas a Habla Ya en Bocas del Toro. Erian fue mi profesor en las clases del grupo y el es increíble. El es paciente, amable, y divertido. Yo aprendí muchísimo en un lugar muy bonito y no puedo esperar a regresar. Muchas gracias a Habla Ya!

Excellent school, wonderful teachers

I came here for 3 months to study Spanish and I'm very happy with my stay here. I took private courses because I already spoke a conversational level of Spanish, and I would recommend this to anyone in a similar situation because it let me focus on my specific needs. Private classes were also very chill, and a lot of the time was spent just talking with the teacher. The teachers I spent the most time with were Jeremy, Leidys, and Yuval but since my stay was so long I worked with most of the teachers here. Everyone was very kind and welcoming, and I felt comfortable with them. All in all, I would definitely recommend this school.

An unforgettable experience

My three months of study at Habla Ya's campus in Bocas del Toro were astounding. I learned under two incredible professors, Benita and Eliana, who were both amazing to say the least. I gained an unbelievable amount of knowledge and had a great time while doing so.

Un mes en el paraíso

Estaba 4 semanas en Bocas del Toro en HablaYa y nunca voy a olvidar eso tiempo. Me quede en una familia y tome el curso del grupo y una hora de clase privada.

Me quede en la familie Ortiz. La madre Maribel es muuuy amable y simpatico. Me sentia como si fuera su hija. Ella cocino todos los dias comida muy rica. Ella siempre estaba bailando y cantando y por eso teniamos siempre mucho para reirse en la casa.

Yo tenia la suerte de tener clase con la prima de Maribel, Benita Georget. Ella es una profesora muy amable. La clase siempre era divertido y todos los días me alegre de ir a la escuela. En la clase aprendí mucho. Como yo estaba en un nivel bastante alto, hemos hecho muchos análisis y conversaciones. Mi hora de clase privada también tenia con Benita. Siempre hablábamos mucho y si tuve una pregunta ella trato de explicarme con mucho paciencia.

Pero no solo en la escuela nos vimos. Los profesores tambien salieron con los estudiantes. Pasábamos nuestro tiempo libre juntos y por eso podia hacer amistades muy buenas. En Bocas del Toro se puede haver muchos cosas. Tiene muchos actividades organizada de la escuela y todos las playas son increíbles.

Entonces, aconsejaría a todos de venir a Bocas y pasar un tiempo increíble.

3 weeks in Bocas

I highly recommend Bocas if you are interested in Learning Spanish and living in paradise. The views are exceptional and they have a great night life. I was lucky enough to live with any amazing group of people (including an amazing house mother - Maribel) and have Benita as my teacher. You have to make sure you study because it's hard to concentrate with so much other fun things going on! I hope you enjoy as much as I did.

A time well spent

I was at the campus in Bocas del Toro for four weeks and took group lessons there.
The staff is super nice and competent, group sizes are comfortably small.
The group activities organized by the school were always fun, it is almost like a family feeling with the other students.
I want to specifically thank and recommend Eliana as a teacher, as she is a natural at teaching and motivating her students. By her lovable and cheerful nature she makes time fly as you learn more and more while having a great time.

Eli is the best

I had zero experience studying a second language going into the class but my profesora Eli made the class fun and relaxed. She was always super helpful and patient if you didn't quite get something the first time around. The activities the school organizes are always fun, particularly volleyball on the beach at sunset. I would also highly reccomend Chapo my surf instructor at the surf school mono loco. Habla ya also set that up for me and it was fantastic. Chapo, like Eli, made learning something difficult seem fun.