Habla Ya - Spanish in Panama City, Bocas del Toro & Boquete
Habla Ya Spanish Schools Header Image Habla Ya Spanish Schools Header Image

Habla Ya - Spanish in Panama City, Bocas del Toro & Boquete

Great Instructors-Am A Happy Camper

I just spent 2 weeks in the Boquete Habla Ya program. Edwardo was my primary instructor. Was an excellent program. They even gave me extra hours to replace some I lost when I was sick. Great customer service. Highly recommend it.

• Facilities

It is definitely worth it

After a stay in Boquete in 2014 and 2016 I visited Boquete again in 2017. And once more I took Spanish classes at the Habla Ya Spanish School.

I booked 4 weeks of group lessons in advance and extended my stay with more private lessons. I got a promotion offer and got a free diving class in Bocas as I booked some time in advance.

For the second time I attended classes with Leidys Pitti. I was very glad that the school made it happen that I could join her class again. Within 4 weeks we finished one level and she gave me good advices for the upcoming DELE exams.

Everyone at HablaYa is really friendly and helpful and for me it felt like coming home this time. If you have any questions - no matter what kind of question - they are there to help you.

That is why I honestly want to thank everyone at HablaYa and especially Leidys for the wonderful time I had in Boquete.

Habla Ya offers excellent language classes in Panama

I took a 3 week intensive Spanish language class at Habla Ya in Panama City and was very satisfied with the school and the teachers. The classes are very small and the teachers are excellent; professional, motivated, friendly and helpful. There is a friendly and warm atmosphere at the school and social and cultural activities are organized as well.
I am continuing with private classes once a week with Sergio and am making good progress. I recommend Habla Ya for anyone who would like to learn or improve their Spanish language skills.

• Facilities

Good school with excellent teachers

Had the best teacher at the school: Benita.
Has passion and is really funny.
Expand everything clearly and took the time to help even if you didn't understand after 5 times
Family was as well really great and lovely.

Group Spanish classes in Bocas

I booked one week of Spanish group classes (we were 5 people) in Bocas del toro with Habla Ya, unfortunately I haven't had more time, but one week was still worth it. I didn't speak Spanish before and just wanted to get some basics because I'm going to travel south America for a couple of months. However I can highly recommend Habla Ya! The stuff is very nice and helps you with everything (for example to find an accommodation). I also saw some of the accommodations they recommend and all looked very good. In addition they offer activities and if you write an email they answer immediately.
Moreover my teacher Eduardo did a great job. In one week he taught us everything I need for my travels. He always asked if there's something we want to know or anything special he should teach us. He also offers to stay in contact via mail or Facebook, so we can talk to him in Spanish and improve our language.

Private classes in Bocas del Toro

Unfortunately I had only time for one week of spanish school in Bocas del toro, due to a tight schedule in Panama. However I can highly recommend the Hably Ya spanish school. The stuff there was really helpful and my teacher Eduardo did an amazing job in this one week. I already knew some basics of spanish, but this week of private lessons with him definitely helped me to improve my use of grammar and speaking skills. I would have loved to stay some more weeks at Habla ya school!

Fun time learning Spanish in Panama from excellent teachers

I spent three weeks in Boquete and two weeks in Bocas del Toro taking classes at Habla Ya. I had five different instructors in a mix of group and private classes, and I really appreciated the different styles of each one. (They also spoke with each other about my progress so that there was an easy transition between schools and between group and private lessons.)

Yubal was my primary group lessons instructor. He was engaging, well-prepared, and very supportive. He was genuinely interested in students’ opinions and ideas during discussions, and was always happy to answer my (many) questions. He had a great sense of humour and made the classes a comfortable, stress-free environment. I went from knowing a few words in my first class to feeling comfortable in many conversational settings by the end.

Eduardo was my primary private lessons instructor. He was an excellent, thoughtful teacher, and was quick to figure out where my strengths were and where I needed help. I really appreciated that he saw the classes as a flexible and collaborative process – sometimes he would suggest a concept for further study based on what he heard in our conversations, and other times I would ask him to teach or review a specific concept in our next class. He was always well-prepared and extremely patient. These private classes helped me feel more confident overall with speaking Spanish (we started each class with a conversation), as well as with specific concepts that had been challenging for me.

I also had three other teachers: Tamara in Boquete was a great teacher and made our classes interesting. Sergio and Eleana in Bocas used a number of engaging techniques to help me practise conversations using past and present verb tenses.

Some of the teachers would join groups of students for lunch, and they were friendly both inside and outside of classes and we all shared stories about our own lives. Getting to know the teachers and fellow students was a great part of the experience. Not all of the group activities organized by the school went ahead because of low sign-up numbers, but those that did were a lot of fun, especially the group cooking and dinner together at the Bocas school and the Saturday morning conversational classes.

Habla Ya in Panama City

On February 2017, My wife and I spent two weeks at Habla Ya, one week in Panama City and one in Boquete. Both weeks were fantastic! The teachers are lively and make the work very interesting. We both added an extra hour each day for 1:1 time with a teacher. This turned out to be an excellent idea. I highly recommend this to anyone considering Habla Ya.
Also, we did a " homestay" with a family in each location. This too was a wonderful experience, especially in Panama City.
While it was only two weeks of Spanish lessons with Habla Ya, it was 50 hours well spent and has motivated us to continue our learning

Excellent experience

My son and i stayed three days and got two hours of private tutoring each each day. The learning was very individualized and focused. My confidence was boosted as new skills were built. My young son loved the challenge of learning a new language. He wants to take more classes so i am motivated to continue the work we began at Habla ya.
Can't wait to go back within the next two years. My husband came with no interest and after seeing my son's progress, he expressed interest in learning the language too! This is fantastic for our family's future.

Perfect to learn Spanish

I had only one week in Habla Ya in Panama City but thanks to my awesome teacher Sergio I could make so many progresses. The staff is very friendly, helpful and determined to make your experience there the best as possible. My teacher found the perfect way for me to improve my skills and I had a lot of fun learning from him.

• Facilities

Online & all three school locations are awesome

I've studied Spanish with Habla Ya at all three of their schools and online. All the teachers are awesome and classes are fun and informative. Lessons proceed in a logical sequence, and there are plenty of opportunities to practice.

• Facilities

Ottima scuola e insegnati simpatici ed impegnati

Sono stato ad Habla Ya per due settimane e ho visitato il corso alla mattina. La mia insegnante, Benita, è molto brava a spiegare, paziente e le ore sono passate senza mai pesarmi.
La scuola organizza anche attività giornaliere per conoscere meglio il posto, nuove persone e la cultura locale. E le feste a Bocas sono leggendarie! Lo posso solo consigliare.

Best!

I spend a lot of time super enjoyable in Habla Ya. There is a lot of activity for fun. I appreciate my teacher Judith. She teaches with enjoyable way. Her teaching style is really different and creative. I absolutely recommend Habla Ya and Judith!

• Facilities

Great teacher, great learning experience!

Leidys Pitti is a friendly and attentive professor who delivered well-planned and well-paced lessons that ensured maximum comprehension. Her knowledgeable and experienced teaching gave us the confidence to carry conversations solely in Spanish. Her strength lies in her willingness to share Panamanian cultural norms and customs alongside her lessons. Her amiable nature and quick wit made the experience enjoyable and rewarding.

Great place to learn Spanish

We are very happy with the school. The environment, teachers and staff are very professional and friendly. The methodology is very efficient.
Especially our teacher Ms.Judith Barret is great. She is very professional, she knows what she is doing. She is balancing teaching with fun. She is using the board and time very efficiently. Thank you very much.

Very efficient!

Habla Ya is really good. The school, the staff and the teaching methods are all great. Especially we are very happy with our teacher Judith Barret. She is very efficient and professional. Also great fun in the classroom. We were lucky to have her as our teacher. I highly recommend this school and teacher!

• Facilities

Mastering spanish in no time

In september I came to a foreign country, Panama in the hope to master Spanish in one month. With the help of the great teachers of Habla Ya I realised this goal. I already had a basis of spanish to help me improve quickly. The teachers were amazing and some of them became friends for life. The amazing students who came from all over the world to learn spanish definitely also made my trip the best one that I've done so far.

In short amazing teachers and amazing experience.

With love Leander from Belgium.

Online experience

Started with Habla Ya to really get a grasp for Spanish. The structure is very well laid out and each of the building blocks gave me a way of learning with limited frustration for myself & hopefully for Sergio. My work schedule can be bizarre to say the least and accommodations were always made. Hopefully I can block out a steady time to continue. This is an excellent online program and I would like to have a week or two in person. Good stuff!

3 meses estaba estudiando en Habla YA

I greatly enjoyed my 3 month experience at Habla Ya in Panama City. All the teachers are eager to help and teach you.During my time there I studied with 5 teachers. However, 3 of them truly made an impact on my experience.
My private teachers Bladamir and Judith were exceptional. I had Bladamir first and he made an effort to hone in on my weakness (past tense verbs) and he is very jovial person which helped my timidity my first month there. He also helped me to acclimate to my new home in the fast paced city of Panama.
Judith is a fantastic teacher and she has a TRUE gift to teach. There were somethings grammatically I could not wrap my head around and she made it so easy to understand. I loved being in her class and she is interested in knowing what you would like to study.
Last but definitely not least is ANA! Oh she was my group class teacher but I spent most of my time studying and learning from her. There were many weeks when it was just her and I. Ana helped me to have a conversation in Spanish in various topics, helped me to write better sentences and journal entries, increased my auditory abilities with videos, music, and listening to her, and improving my reading skills. Due to much of the hard work and effort of Ana I returned from Panama able to speak, write, read and understand Spanish, and not only proper Spanish but Panamanian colloquial expressions. I truly enjoyed being her student and building a bond with Ana. I still laugh to myself about some of our lengthy conversations we had. Ana wants her students to learn as well, but she not only helped me with my weakness but also increased my strengths. Ana loves to give homework which helped me to think outside of my classroom studies, which at time was a bit of a challenge. However, those challenging days have helped me return to USA as a Spanish speaker.
I learned to appreciate Spanish and all its intricate grammatical rules that we don't have in English. If you are looking for a school to REALLY teach you SPANISH how to speak, read, write and understand it; HABLA YA is the school for you. They have school outings and elective activities to participate in. They treat you like family and they all try and get to know you; regardless if you are their student or not. Habla Ya was an answer to many years of prayer to understand Spanish and I have come a long way and have the resources to speak to any Hispanic native without fear. I have been using what I have learned to communicate with other Hispanics right here in Florida. Thank you for all you do Habla Ya and your wonderful instructors.

Another visit to Habla Ya

This is my sixth visit to Hablaya and adding all the time together that I have
spent at this school it is 15 months.
Virtually all this time I have had the same teacher Leidys and I always took private lessons. She has helped me to achieve a very advanced level in Reading and talking not just on colloquial level but also on subjects more erudite.
This includes the use of idiomatic expressions, difficult grammatical phrases, use of the subjunctive in all tenses.
It has been hard work but extremely rewarding and I am extremely grateful for Leidys help and for the support from the entire school.
Many many thanks Habla Ya.

Great immersion experience

I moved to Panama about two years ago, and given that I had done some Spanish in secondary school, I thought I would brave it and figure out Spanish on my own. After a few months of frustrating efforts, I decided to take classes and settled on Habla Ya. I ended up taking individual classes for 7 months, and successfully completed the DELE Exam (Level 5) at the end of my time. Overall, I had a fantastic experience, and there are three things that I want to highlight:

1. Flexibility: I have a very unconventional work schedule, and they were quite accommodating. They worked around me, and not the other way around, for which I was truly appreciative! Additionally, with the one-on-one classes, we were able to tailor a programme that helped me t achieve all of my goals.

2. Teachers: My primary teacher was Sergio William - very professional and dedicated. His philosophy is to ensure that you master each section before moving on to the next, giving you a great foundation to build on. He was also pretty good at reading me and figuring out when I was getting frustrated, switching to another activity like Scrabble or just talking about sports and helping to keep me engaged. Shout out to the other teachers who I had classes with when Sergio wasn't available: Ezequiel, Judith, Ana, Bellalina and Yaritzel.

3. Extra activities: Habla Ya also offers activities such as tours, visits to museums, restaurant trips, etc. I wasn't able to go often, but enjoyed those I was able to attend. They give you the opportunity to interact with Panamanians, and to try to speak at "street speed" rather than "classroom speed".

Great teachers, friendly environment, awesome learning experience!

• Facilities

The best language learning experience!

The prospect of migrating to a new country is indeed very exciting. New people, new places to explore, a culture that is unlike your own. But in my case, there was also a new language. With only a basic knowledge of Spanish and a healthy dose of trepidation I moved to Panama at the beginning of this year. I attended Habla Ya for roughly seven months and from my very first day I was made to feel welcome. In fact, I would go so far as to say that by the end of my time with there I had found a little family.
I chose a program that initially consisted of a combination of group and individual classes. In this way I was able to not just develop my core skills, but also build a sense of confidence through interaction with other students. When you chose Habla Ya not only are you getting great teachers, but the school utilises a variety of social activities such as pizza nights and outings to places of interest where you have the opportunity to experience the culture of Panama as well as make use of your language to interact with locals.
I have tried to learn Spanish in the past with marginal success. So I never would have imagined that in less than one year I would be able to not only speak, but understand a foreign language at a high intermediate level. Even more amazingly, I obtained my Diploma de Español como Lengua Extranjera (DELE) thanks to my phenomenal teacher Judith Baret!! Using a combination of unconventional tools and methods she customised a program that focused on my weaker areas and helped me to relax (which I really needed in the weeks prior to my exam). She readily clarified any confusing topics and nurtured my self-confidence. I can honestly attribute my success to the high level of preparation that I attained through her efforts.
Now I can read the Spanish version of some of my favourite books. But most importantly, not only can I do it, I actually want to.

Bocas love!

During the summer of 2016 I enrolled in classes with my girlfriend. Our first impression of the campus was very positive. The staff at reception was very accommodating toward our budget and we loved the options. We took a small group session and were matched with our teacher Ricardo. He went above and beyond to help us gain a comprehensive understanding of the Spanish language and the regional dialect. We also loved engaging in all of the activities offered by the school. Over two months we explored many things that the archipelago has to offer and even toward the end we felt like we were discovering new stuff to do daily. I love surfing and there are many great spots all over the islands. As far as the learning style of the program goes, it is catered toward any level and is very well executed. We definitely learned and improved our Spanish language skills in the program. The one regret we have is not doing a home stay with a host family. We felt that full immersion is the best way to go to gain the most out of the opportunity. One of the most impactful things with our experience was the relationships we formed with the people and staff. We truly are thankful for our friendships we formed with Carlos and Ludo. They are the best!
If you feel so inclined there are also volunteer opportunities. We took part in launching the Bocas Permaculture Project. It is a gardening project aimed to assist and educate the people of Bocas on sustainable gardening by providing self-wicking garden beds to those in need. Please check it out.
This school is very very good and individuals from all walks of life will in enjoy it. We went to school in Bocas, but also visited Boquete and Panama City. I can confidently say you will have a positive experience at any HablaYa campus. Highly recommend.

• Facilities

Best school on every levels!

I chose Panama for my first trip far abroad and selected this school to learn spanish from scratch.. and I didn't regret it! Everything was perfect, from the home stay family, the school accommodation, the reception, the school activities, the professors, the quality of teaching.. really I couldn't have imagine a better school to learn spanish. I also LOVED Bocas Del Toro with it's beaches and cool restaurants, surfing and wow just amazing. I will never forget this experience and if I had to improve one day my spanish, I would definitely come back because it just feels like being home.

Experience in Boquete

I've spent the last three weeks in Boquete, studying Spanish at the Habla Ya School. The climate is extremely temperate with a constant temperature of 70ºF and occasional showers in the afternoon. The school itself is wonderful and a perfect place to immerse oneself in Hispanic culture and language. My teacher, Leidys, was extremely kind and accommodating. She adapted the curriculum to suit every of my needs and interests. Moreover, during my week I stayed with a host family I was greeted with open arms and a warm hearth. I'm greatly indebted in the improvement of my Spanish to my time here in Leidys' class. It was a great experience and I recommend the school wholeheartedly!