Habla Ya - Spanish in Panama City, Bocas del Toro & Boquete
Habla Ya Spanish Schools Header Image Habla Ya Spanish Schools Header Image

Habla Ya - Spanish in Panama City, Bocas del Toro & Boquete

Great week in Boquete

I was in Boquete for my second week of Spanish classes. First week I took classes in Panama City. In Boquete my teacher was Leidys. She is a great teacher. I learned a lot and had fun. Muchas Gracias Leidys.

Amazing month in Bocas

I spent 4 wonderful weeks at Habla Ya in Bocas del Toro. Erian was my professor in group classes and he is amazing. He’s patient, kind, and fun. I learned a ton in a beautiful place and I can’t wait to return. Many thanks to Habla Ya!

Pasé 4 semanas maravillosas a Habla Ya en Bocas del Toro. Erian fue mi profesor en las clases del grupo y el es increíble. El es paciente, amable, y divertido. Yo aprendí muchísimo en un lugar muy bonito y no puedo esperar a regresar. Muchas gracias a Habla Ya!

Excellent school, wonderful teachers

I came here for 3 months to study Spanish and I'm very happy with my stay here. I took private courses because I already spoke a conversational level of Spanish, and I would recommend this to anyone in a similar situation because it let me focus on my specific needs. Private classes were also very chill, and a lot of the time was spent just talking with the teacher. The teachers I spent the most time with were Jeremy, Leidys, and Yuval but since my stay was so long I worked with most of the teachers here. Everyone was very kind and welcoming, and I felt comfortable with them. All in all, I would definitely recommend this school.

An unforgettable experience

My three months of study at Habla Ya's campus in Bocas del Toro were astounding. I learned under two incredible professors, Benita and Eliana, who were both amazing to say the least. I gained an unbelievable amount of knowledge and had a great time while doing so.

Un mes en el paraíso

Estaba 4 semanas en Bocas del Toro en HablaYa y nunca voy a olvidar eso tiempo. Me quede en una familia y tome el curso del grupo y una hora de clase privada.

Me quede en la familie Ortiz. La madre Maribel es muuuy amable y simpatico. Me sentia como si fuera su hija. Ella cocino todos los dias comida muy rica. Ella siempre estaba bailando y cantando y por eso teniamos siempre mucho para reirse en la casa.

Yo tenia la suerte de tener clase con la prima de Maribel, Benita Georget. Ella es una profesora muy amable. La clase siempre era divertido y todos los días me alegre de ir a la escuela. En la clase aprendí mucho. Como yo estaba en un nivel bastante alto, hemos hecho muchos análisis y conversaciones. Mi hora de clase privada también tenia con Benita. Siempre hablábamos mucho y si tuve una pregunta ella trato de explicarme con mucho paciencia.

Pero no solo en la escuela nos vimos. Los profesores tambien salieron con los estudiantes. Pasábamos nuestro tiempo libre juntos y por eso podia hacer amistades muy buenas. En Bocas del Toro se puede haver muchos cosas. Tiene muchos actividades organizada de la escuela y todos las playas son increíbles.

Entonces, aconsejaría a todos de venir a Bocas y pasar un tiempo increíble.

3 weeks in Bocas

I highly recommend Bocas if you are interested in Learning Spanish and living in paradise. The views are exceptional and they have a great night life. I was lucky enough to live with any amazing group of people (including an amazing house mother - Maribel) and have Benita as my teacher. You have to make sure you study because it's hard to concentrate with so much other fun things going on! I hope you enjoy as much as I did.

A time well spent

I was at the campus in Bocas del Toro for four weeks and took group lessons there.
The staff is super nice and competent, group sizes are comfortably small.
The group activities organized by the school were always fun, it is almost like a family feeling with the other students.
I want to specifically thank and recommend Eliana as a teacher, as she is a natural at teaching and motivating her students. By her lovable and cheerful nature she makes time fly as you learn more and more while having a great time.

Eli is the best

I had zero experience studying a second language going into the class but my profesora Eli made the class fun and relaxed. She was always super helpful and patient if you didn't quite get something the first time around. The activities the school organizes are always fun, particularly volleyball on the beach at sunset. I would also highly reccomend Chapo my surf instructor at the surf school mono loco. Habla ya also set that up for me and it was fantastic. Chapo, like Eli, made learning something difficult seem fun.

• Facilities

4 weeks of learning Spanish at Habla Ya (3 weeks in Bocas and 1 in Boquete)

I have learned 4 weeks Spanish at Habla Ya in May/ June 2017 (3 weeks in Bocas and 1 in Boquete). I have really enjoyed learning Spanish and got to the basic conversational level. The course is well structured, the facilities are good and the teachers are well motivated. Personally, I liked Bocas more as the atmosphere is more laid-back, there were more students and the school feels more like a home. All teachers are good, and it was advantageous that Eduardo speaks English. He could explain me in detail why I said something wrong and not only say the correct thing in Spanish. He has a profound knowledge of Spanish. Also, he is a nice person to have a small talk with. Overall, it was a great experience!

Boquete adventure

I had a great experience in total.
Eduardo was my teacher the majority of the time.
Eduardo creates a natural conversation, does a good job of correlating movements and expressions to convey the ideas - and this helps with language acquisition.
Overall, I recommend Eduardo very highly.

I feel like I progressed more than I expected for a two week trip.
The school was able to accommodate a change in the schedule for my family - changing the times of our lessons at the last minute.
A great school with great teachers.

Student

I studied in Habla Ya Boquete for 3 weeks in private lessons. The town of Boquete is a perfect destination to study Spanish. Boquete itself has a lot of charm and its location in the mountains provides a beautiful backdrop and a perfect climate.

Everyone at Hablaya Boquete was extremely helpful and very professional. I learned more than I even expected during my three weeks. My teachers name was Leidys. She was both enjoyable to be around and a great teacher. Her ability to be patient with me but also not shy away from telling me if I was making a mistake was very helpful.

I would absolutely recommend Habla Ya and have even extended my Spanish classes for three more weeks to try out Habla Ya's school in Bocas Del Toro.

Good experience

I booked the group lessons for beginners in Boquete. My teacher was Leidys and she did a really good job in teaching as grammar as well as encouraging us to speak Spanish. In my second week I actually had private lessons as there was no other student in my level at the school.

• Facilities

Great instructors-Am a happy camper

I just spent 2 weeks in the Boquete Habla Ya program. Edwardo was my primary instructor. Was an excellent program. They even gave me extra hours to replace some I lost when I was sick. Great customer service. Highly recommend it.

Habla Ya offers excellent language classes in Panama

I took a 3 week intensive Spanish language class at Habla Ya in Panama City and was very satisfied with the school and the teachers. The classes are very small and the teachers are excellent; professional, motivated, friendly and helpful. There is a friendly and warm atmosphere at the school and social and cultural activities are organized as well.
I am continuing with private classes once a week with Sergio and am making good progress. I recommend Habla Ya for anyone who would like to learn or improve their Spanish language skills.

When in Boquete ... learn Spanish

I had set aside a month to wander through Panama and landed on the Habla Ya website when researching travel options to Boquete. On a spur-of-the-moment decision, I signed up for two weeks of language classes​ (2 hours private coaching and 4 hours of group class per day). Without delay, the school was able to pair me with a wonderful private tutor as well as fit me into a group class that matched my skill level. I really enjoyed the experience and feel like I've acquired a good foundation to build upon.

My private tutor familiarized me with Panamanian culture during our conversations and was very interested in learning about the culture and history from my part of the​ world. The private sessions improved my listening comprehension and I was able to identify vocabulary and grammar areas needing immediate improvement so that I could focus on those in between classes. The group lessons were more structured because they followed a textbook but our instructor tried to make the classes as fun as possible (knowing​ how to conjugate verbs is essential if one wants to become fluent - although I must confess that it is not much fun for those seeking instant Spanish conversation abilities)

I will return for more classes at Habla Ya (online, if I'm unable to make the trip back to Panama in the near future). I'd recommend their classes to anyone seeking proficiency in Spanish.

I wish I could have written this in Spanish but let's be realistic .... I did only take a two week class and probably write Spanish like a four year old (no offense to 4 y.o. intended)

Quizás algún día pronto ....

• Facilities

Good school with excellent teachers

Had the best teacher at the school: Benita.
Has passion and is really funny.
Expand everything clearly and took the time to help even if you didn't understand after 5 times
Family was as well really great and lovely.

Group Spanish classes in Bocas

I booked one week of Spanish group classes (we were 5 people) in Bocas del toro with Habla Ya, unfortunately I haven't had more time, but one week was still worth it. I didn't speak Spanish before and just wanted to get some basics because I'm going to travel south America for a couple of months. However I can highly recommend Habla Ya! The stuff is very nice and helps you with everything (for example to find an accommodation). I also saw some of the accommodations they recommend and all looked very good. In addition they offer activities and if you write an email they answer immediately.
Moreover my teacher Eduardo did a great job. In one week he taught us everything I need for my travels. He always asked if there's something we want to know or anything special he should teach us. He also offers to stay in contact via mail or Facebook, so we can talk to him in Spanish and improve our language.

Private classes in Bocas del Toro

Unfortunately I had only time for one week of spanish school in Bocas del toro, due to a tight schedule in Panama. However I can highly recommend the Hably Ya spanish school. The stuff there was really helpful and my teacher Eduardo did an amazing job in this one week. I already knew some basics of spanish, but this week of private lessons with him definitely helped me to improve my use of grammar and speaking skills. I would have loved to stay some more weeks at Habla ya school!

Fun time learning Spanish in Panama from excellent teachers

I spent three weeks in Boquete and two weeks in Bocas del Toro taking classes at Habla Ya. I had five different instructors in a mix of group and private classes, and I really appreciated the different styles of each one. (They also spoke with each other about my progress so that there was an easy transition between schools and between group and private lessons.)

Yubal was my primary group lessons instructor. He was engaging, well-prepared, and very supportive. He was genuinely interested in students’ opinions and ideas during discussions, and was always happy to answer my (many) questions. He had a great sense of humour and made the classes a comfortable, stress-free environment. I went from knowing a few words in my first class to feeling comfortable in many conversational settings by the end.

Eduardo was my primary private lessons instructor. He was an excellent, thoughtful teacher, and was quick to figure out where my strengths were and where I needed help. I really appreciated that he saw the classes as a flexible and collaborative process – sometimes he would suggest a concept for further study based on what he heard in our conversations, and other times I would ask him to teach or review a specific concept in our next class. He was always well-prepared and extremely patient. These private classes helped me feel more confident overall with speaking Spanish (we started each class with a conversation), as well as with specific concepts that had been challenging for me.

I also had three other teachers: Tamara in Boquete was a great teacher and made our classes interesting. Sergio and Eleana in Bocas used a number of engaging techniques to help me practise conversations using past and present verb tenses.

Some of the teachers would join groups of students for lunch, and they were friendly both inside and outside of classes and we all shared stories about our own lives. Getting to know the teachers and fellow students was a great part of the experience. Not all of the group activities organized by the school went ahead because of low sign-up numbers, but those that did were a lot of fun, especially the group cooking and dinner together at the Bocas school and the Saturday morning conversational classes.

Habla Ya in Panama City

On February 2017, My wife and I spent two weeks at Habla Ya, one week in Panama City and one in Boquete. Both weeks were fantastic! The teachers are lively and make the work very interesting. We both added an extra hour each day for 1:1 time with a teacher. This turned out to be an excellent idea. I highly recommend this to anyone considering Habla Ya.
Also, we did a " homestay" with a family in each location. This too was a wonderful experience, especially in Panama City.
While it was only two weeks of Spanish lessons with Habla Ya, it was 50 hours well spent and has motivated us to continue our learning

Hurrah for Habla Ya Spanish Schools

I just returned from Panama where I attended four weeks of Spanish language classes in Boquete and Bocas del Toro. As a retired educator and school administrator I had high expectations and I was not disappointed. The administration, teachers, and general atmosphere of the school was professional but fun. I especially enjoyed Boquete and my first instructor, Eduardo, who was encouraging, patient and funny. I felt both of my instructors (Bladimir in Bocas) were genuinely interested in my progress. The small groups allowed for plenty of time to speak the language and we could learn from each other too. The homework was not too onerous and allowed time to take in the local colour and adventures. I timed my visit in Boquete to attend both the Flower Festival and the Boquete Jazz and Blues Festival. You need tickets for the latter and it is a bit expensive but it is fantastic music. If you cannot afford a ticket then go to the free day in the Parque and you will have a good time. Bocas is a beach town and is great for surfers and backpackers.

• Facilities

Eduardo, un maestro magnifico a Habla Ya!

Mi maestro a Habla Ya, Eduardo, era excelente! El eres un maestro magnifico! El hablo' muy lento en ambos espanol y ingles, y yo entendi' todos palabras, y gramaticas. Eduardo entienda como ensenar muy bueno, y tuve una gran experiencia a Habla Ya en Boquete. Muchas gracias, Eduardo y Habla Ya!

Great experience learning Spanish in Boquete

I took 4 weeks of group lessons in Dec 2016 and I learned a lot for such a short time. My teacher was Eduardo and liked the style of learning a lot, we had a good combination of learning grammar, training conversational skills and doing homework to practice the days topics. Learning in small groups of 4 or even less people most of the time was always fun and our teacher always adapted to the skills and specific questions of each of the students. For me it was a great experience, and I can only recommend the school and especially the location in Boquete.

Excellent All Around

My host family was amazing -they were sweet, friendly, and cooked really good food. Both my teachers were highly skilled, patient, and talked slowly enough for me to understand. They prepared well for each class, and they went with the flow of the conversation. Habla Ya was not boring and filled with the teacher talking most of time. Instead, I learned by practicing and repetition. They presented really interesting topics for listening and reading. I learned a lot in the areas of Spanish and in life. I highly recommend Habla Ya!

Excellent experience

My son and i stayed three days and got two hours of private tutoring each each day. The learning was very individualized and focused. My confidence was boosted as new skills were built. My young son loved the challenge of learning a new language. He wants to take more classes so i am motivated to continue the work we began at Habla ya.
Can't wait to go back within the next two years. My husband came with no interest and after seeing my son's progress, he expressed interest in learning the language too! This is fantastic for our family's future.