Women's Empowerment Project in Laos
Beach cottages Beach cottages

Women's Empowerment Project in Laos

Luang prabang

I had such a great time in Laos, I would recommend it to anyone. The kids are so motivated and desperate to learn English and in only a few weeks you can already see the impact volunteering can make. I was lucky enough to experience women’s empowerment and English teaching: I would advise checking what sort of things you will be doing with women’s empowerment as some aspects didn’t suit all volunteers (like sewing workshops) but I myself had a wonderful time with every workshop. I particularly enjoyed doing women’s health with local girls and found it very rewarding.
The training given is great and you feel supported by staff and get to meet lots of wonderful volunteers from all over the world. The food and accommodation is perfect and Luang Prabang itself is so enchanting it’s impossible not to love!

Learning their various life experiences was incredible

Exposure to the women's program participants and the beautiful city of Luang Prabang not to mention the diverse group of volunteers with their various life experiences was incredible.

I really enjoyed the workshops

I really enjoyed the workshops with the girls. It was nice to do something creative and was something different to teaching English classes.