Volunteer Healthcare Program in India
Beach cottages Beach cottages

Volunteer Healthcare Program in India

Immerse yourself in lively India

My experience with GVI Kerala has been one to remember. Volunteering abroad is something I think everyone should do to give yourself a perspective on life and experiencing totally different cultures. With GVI I was able to give back to local projects and make an impact on their communities. GVI are a great company to work volunteer with, as you are really supported and know that they are working hard to make a sustainable difference. I would recommend them wholeheartedly!

I realised the difference we were making

Working with Helen on a project to deliver health education to a group of young adults with learning disabilities. i didn't initially appreciate the significance of this, but as the weeks progressed I realised the difference we were making and that what we had done had been understood and appreciated.

Just wonderful and wish I was still there!

The things that made my trip enjoyable were; 1. the variety of projects and working with a wonderful mix of women and children - many very vulnerable, as part of the Women's Empowerment Program. Really rewarding and just brilliant to get away from working in an office and do something very valuable. 2. Natalie and Dave - staff members - and being with a great mix of volunteers. 3. Fort Kochi - a welcoming place with wonderful locals. Just wonderful and wish I was still there!

I cannot even begin to explain how much fun I had on my trip

I could not believe how amazing GVI was with arrival and orientation, and it only got better from there. The staff was amazing and I cannot even begin to explain how much fun I had on my trip. My favorite part was definitely working at the special needs school, but I had the most fun on a side trip to Munnar, India, where I got to see wild elephants and tea plantations!