High School Volunteer and Adventure Experience in Thailand
Beach cottages Beach cottages

High School Volunteer and Adventure Experience in Thailand

GVI Phang Nga

During my time in Thailand, I had many incredible ad eye-opening experiences with plenty of unique and amazing individuals. In the first week, I was involved and engaged in valuable work which both benefitted the local community and helped to conserve endangered wildlife. In the second week, the group embarked on an extraordinary adventure tour in which we discovered Thailand’s rich culture as well as exploring many stunning and beautiful landscapes.
This experience has certainly helped me to appreciate different cultures and ways of life as well as giving me the motivation to try and inspire change in the world to benefit the lives of those less fortunate than ourselves. I would thoroughly recommend volunteering with GVI as they provided me with an experience I will never forget.

• Personal Development

I feel that I accomplished something

I feel like I have broader knowledge on a range of subjects and feel as if I have been allowed the opportunity to help towards something positive.

Seeing the difference

The most unforgettable part of my travel with GVI was seeing the difference just a few hours of work to a local community centre can have on a whole community.

• Personal Development

It is a non religious organization

The best part about my stay in Thailand was that it is non religious organization so we spend less time learning about religion when we can help other people.

• Personal Development

I like working with a variety of groups, especially liked working with the turtles. By working with different groups i discovered what I would like to do more of in the future. This was a great help not only for the community in Thailand but also for my own personal development.