High School Volunteer & Adventure Experience in South Africa
Beach cottages Beach cottages

High School Volunteer & Adventure Experience in South Africa

• Program Opportunities

• Personal Development

I really enjoyed the program

I really enjoyed the program and I would like to do another for a longer period of time when I am older. My most positive experience during my whole stay with GVI was volunteering and meeting the children.

• Program Opportunities

• Personal Development

I loved this program and want to come back and do an over 18 trip

What I enjoyed most was the amazing experience of getting to travel around the Cape on the Garden Route tour and get to see everything! Another part of the trip that was unforgettable to me was getting to play with and meet all of the kids from the nursery, Grade R and the orphanage.

Under 18's volunteer and adventure experience in South Africa

I had the best summer volunteering in the Under 18s program in Cape town. I had initially chosen this program because I wanted the opportunity to go have an independent holiday abroad and volunteer. GVI gave me this and much more! During my 2 weeks there I got to see the impact every volunteer makes, whether you stay for 2 weeks or 6 months. I got to try new things, such as brick laying, mixing cement, canoeing, seeing whales and penguins. The garden route tour was incredible and you really get a chance to explore the country through an adventure week, authentic food and quiz nights. I think the most important thing about GVI is that even when you leave you are a part of a community. You meet people who went on your program months or years later and they can tell you how that child is doing or that project is doing, because it is continuous.
I will never be a waste regardless of what project you get to do. Who wouldn't want to travel meaningfully, make a difference and have an unforgettable experience!