Teen Summer Language Camp in Spain with Greenheart Travel
Greenheart Travel participant Greenheart Travel participant

Teen Summer Language Camp in Spain with Greenheart Travel

• Facilities

Don't want to leave!

I only have two more days left in the Salamanca program and I wish I could stay for a 100 more! Living with a family is definitely a special experience that I'm glad I could have. The classes, while Im always learning new things that Id never heard of, aren't particularly challenging. In fact they're some of the most fun parts of the day! Thank you to Greenheart for giving me this amazing opportunity!

• Facilities

Go for it!

Everyone from Greenheart is so nice and they help to make sure that you're 100% on your decision because they truly care about how you're doing, versus several other programs who are just in it for the money. I love how everyone was so understanding and always willing to help me. Once in Spain, it didn't hurt that not everyone spoke Spanish; it just gave me more of a chance to immerse myself!

I feel like everything that Greenheart Travel gave me like the Spanish culture packet on the acceptance email was true to some extent, but it didn't really help when I was interacting with Spanish people. You can try to learn everything about what life in Salamanca is like, but that will never be enough. The unexpectedness of everything is what makes it so rewarding.

One thing I didn’t like that much was my host family. I talked to several other Greenheart Travelers during my time in Salamanca, and they felt the same way as I did. I feel like it's good in theory, but these host families see it as their job and not as something to improve your understanding of their culture or to be a part of their family so it comes off as insincere. But I made the best of it and still loved my time!

I'm so thankful that Greenheart Travel made this an amazing experience and look forward to doing another program (probably homestay abroad) with them next summer!!!