Teach English in Colombia with Greenheart Travel
Greenheart Travel participant Greenheart Travel participant

Teach English in Colombia with Greenheart Travel

Greenheart Travel

I feel lucky to have been involved in the Colombian governments effort to improve the education for those who need it most. Greenheart does an amazing job getting you ready for this experience and helping you through the process of applying. Thank you! I had a flawless experience.

My only suggestion would be to explain how it all works earlier on. The program is very complicated in terms of how all of the organizations work together and I didn't really understand that until orientation. It would have helped to understand who all of the players are before going to orientation, just to know what you're walking into.

Advice for Future Participants:
- If you have a hard time with last minute changes, this is not the program for you. You have to be easy going and adaptable. For example, if you have a lesson all planned out, the class could be cancelled last minute because of a mandatory mass that no one knew about previously. Things like that...
- Orientation is really a great time to get to know other fellows! You will not really have time to explore Bogota, but you will bond with your peers! Take advantage of the Pedagogical Team and ask them about questions/concerns you may have. They are all Colombian, so they should know the cultural subtleties that are so very important.
- I have had two phones stolen....no dar papaya.
- I would recommend speaking (at least) a little Spanish when entering into the program. You will have an easier time here with a little knowledge going in.

Thank you for the opportunity! I lucked out.

Barranquilla, Colombia teaching

I am really glad that I stumbled across Greenheart and chose to do the program through them! They were so helpful throughout the pre-departure and continued to check-in after. Greenheart definitely played a huge role in making my experience very positive! Choose Greenheart! From talking to other people in my program that came with different agencies, Greenheart is by far the most organized and supportive. Go in with no expectations and go with the flow.

Teaching in Santa Marta, Colombia

Living somewhere totally different and getting out of my comfort zone was the best part! I think everything was all very good- Sara Thacker was incredible and very good at keeping in contact. The Ministry of Education in Colombia are pretty unorganized/ things could be improved on their end but I think Greenheart did an adequate job of warning me about this prior. My advice for those thinking about doing this program is to keep an open mind. Remember that the whole journey is a roller coaster. Remember when you're having a bad day things can go bad at home too (I feel it's easy once you've parted with home to see it through rose tinted glasses!)

The service from Greenheart was beyond incredible- it was personalised, friendly, super easy to get answers to questions and everything went with ease! I'd recommend Greenheart Travel and would 100% look into other programs with them! Greenheart were incredible- thank you to everyone who helped!