Zimbabwe - Lion Conservation in Victoria Falls
two tigers two tigers

Zimbabwe - Lion Conservation in Victoria Falls

I suggest the experience to anyone

It's hard to describe briefly the experience of the project. It touch so many aspect for you as a person that you don't know where to start. If it is the first time you take a project like this, it will most likely surprise you and give you enrichment on aspect you didn't expect at all. For example I could have never imagine that the bond with the people there (staff and other volunteer) would be so strong and beautiful.

I suggest the experience to anyone who is considering it. There is no much to say before: if you are already considering going it means you can go and gain a lot from it.

The people were great: the feeling of being part of that incredible group of nice people and be guided by a crazy nice, open and competent staff.

Loved my time there

I enjoyed the project managers and the lions!!! The lion trainers, handlers and guides were a pleasure to work with. They always greeted everyone and made them feel so special. They were always very professional and knowledgeable.
I wanted to have a structured vacation while having an adventure. I met lovely people and had a once in a lifetime experience with lions. I also did a ton of other adventurous activities. I visited 2 other countries while in Zimbabawe. Loved my time there.

Where else in the world?

At Antelope Park I did the lion program. I had the best time of my life. We got to walk lions, ride elephants, feed lions, play polocrosse, go canoeing, go on a horse safari and much much more. Even though I was on the lion project, I was still able to spend time at the boys' orphanage and cook for the street kids. My only regret at Antelope Park was that I only signed up for 2 weeks. I can't wait to go back!